Paxilmaniac
Byond Username: Paxilmaniac

[Shaps] Paxilmaniac - Random Three Days Slapped Onto My Seven Day Ban

Post by Paxilmaniac » #572141

BYOND account: Paxilmaniac
Character name: Ekaterinya Chekhov
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 10 days
Ban reason: As a nonantag, created a tesla trap in a public room in the center of the station that created giant shockwaves capable of chaining along and instantly critting/killing people not only off screen, but all the way from Delta's Primary Tool Storage to its bridge, kitchen, and beyond. Body count is estimated by Paxil to be at least four, but from asking other victims and looking around at the charred bodies, seems to be in excess of 7. Only excuse for it was that no one told them not to do it when they asked the crew. Dayban per body, +3 days for pulling shit this blatantly against the rules.
Time ban was placed: 2020-08-10 22:35:17
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 143968
Your side of the story: I made an array of tesla coils linked to a proximity sensor in tool storage to see how tesla coils worked when placed together. These tesla coils had a grounding rod that absorbed all of the bolts they created. Sometime later while talking to someone about how it works, a crew member suggested that I should remove the grounding rod to see what happened. I asked the crew over comms if I should do it or not, and all I heard was people saying yes, the ai even used the holopad to tell me to do it. I thought it wouldn't be bad since tesla coils alone don't have that much range, and the crew told me to do it so I did. I knew it would do some damage, and I was ready to fix it, but I was not aware at all, nor was I would assume anyone there, that tesla coils chain off eachother, and can reach very high power and range. This ended up killing more than a few people from quite the distance.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm not asking for the ban to be completely removed, I directly caused the deaths of seven people and I'll take that seven days. What I'm appealing against is that random "+3 days for pulling shit this blatantly against the rules." that was tacked onto the end. Not only was I not aware that tesla coils were that stupidly strong, I brought the bodies of people that died to medbay, and I even attempted to shut the machine down, despite my attempts to stop it failing.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [Shaps] Paxilmaniac - Random Three Days Slapped Onto My Seven Day Ban

Post by Shaps-cloud » #572180

Sure I'll kill the extra 3 just chill with the deathtraps and if you do something that is clearly getting out of control killing people, actually ahelp it and tell admins rather than sit on it
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.