vincentius_vin
Byond Username: Vincentius_vin

[Vekter] vincentius-vin - Atmos-related general ban

Post by vincentius_vin » #575670

BYOND Account : vincentius_vin
Character name: Herr Ikoch
Ban Type: Server(s) Ban
Ban Length: 3 days
Ban reason: Sabotaged atmos on a green shift to dump ~2000 degree gas into distro. Logged off before he could be questioned.
Time: 2020-09-12 12:18:46 UTC
Server: Manuel
Round Id: 145954
My side: I was playing as atmos and was trying to do fusion. I have no clue nor any idea of why did i get banned. I was only fiddling with the incernerator and mix and did not even once touch any distro pumps. I did notice atmos heating up and i tried to scrub the hot air off it and cool it through the loop. I failed, died to the heat while in maint, and i don't see any reasonable time to get revived so i serverhopped. I am quite new to atmos and all of this might have been caused by oversight, however when i tried to look on the logs i didn't find anything wrong with what i did.
Why do you think you should be unbanned: The ban reason stated that i dumped 2000 degree gas into distro, and i did find that the same number was uttered by an AI. The admin wasn't present during the incident and i believe that the only justification or evidence that supports my ban is only the conjecture by the AI. However, if i did indeed mess up atmos accidentally, it was due to incompetence not malice and i would be terribly sorry.
Good conduct: I played quite a lot of sybil and i really enjoyed my time there. I acted in a manner which to be perfectly honest i believe to be friendly, and i even had the opportunity to teach some of my fellow spessmens how to run several jobs. I hope some of my chat logs can attest to that. I also setupped SM during the round and offered science some trit, i hope those two last evidences did help proof that i joined the round in good faith since i didn't chat that much that round.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] vincentius-vin - Atmos-related general ban

Post by Vekter » #575769

Hey, thanks for appealing.

A bit of a correction - your ban is for one day with a three day supplemental job ban from Engineering.

I mostly just wanted to hear your side of things. I'm willing to accept that this could have just been an honest mistake in one form or another. I'll lift the ban next time I'm online.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you