lalaria
Byond Username: Miriah

[<arcanedefense>] miriah - perma ban

Post by lalaria » #575903

BYOND account: miriah
Character name: kate lasagnya
Ban type: Server/Role/OOC/etc permaban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Immediately following the round that I secbanned them for a history of being a dick as a sec officer, started the supermatter as a nonantag engineer before any other engineers got it set up, to include throwing donk pockets into the chamber and walking into the chamber, presumably while smoking a cigarette, releasing a fire. In all of this, player irradiated themselves and others, leading to the arresting officer to spend an overwhelming majority of their round in medbay over this player's history of grief and being inconsiderate to others. For the entire duration of this arrest player was afk. You are only here to grief people maliciously and ruin the experiences of others then leave. We're better off if you just left."
Time ban was placed:2020-09-10 21:59:49
Server you were playing on when banned: Server name, eg, Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 146054
Your side of the story: I think this admin is overreacting and is reacting OOCly to IC things such as my character trying to warm their donkpockets in the SM chamber, which my character does regularly without any problems. I'm not sure why the room caught fire when my character stepped in, as I said, this is done very often and my character typically doesn't catch fire and gets to eat the glowing donkpockets without anyone getting hurt. I find it strange that the sec officer had to spend the rest of the round in medbay, my character goes into the SM chamber pretty often and suffer nothing except mild hallucinations.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think this was griefing and don't think another player's round was ruined. I don't have admin access to verify what happened to the sec officer, but if I was responsible for them spending their whole shift in medbay then I am sorry and apologize, but still believe a perma ban is excessive. In my opinion, a 4-5 day ban would be more appropriate if I am responsible for the sec officer being rad poisoned the whole round (again, which surprises me, if it was really the case). It's a shame that this admin finds my character unpleasant.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: [<arcanedefense>] miriah - perma ban

Post by ArcaneDefence » #575906

Starting the sm without it being set up, throwing donk pockets into it, starting a plasma fire in engineering by opening the sm chamber while it's delaminating, irradiating security and medical personnel in the process, and being afk the entire time since you were arrested just convinced me it was grief.

This is all immediately after giving a secban for a history of shitsec, ignoring warnings and bans, and feeding complete bullshit answers when questioned, and then disconnecting.

You made no efforts to ensure your actions weren't harmful to others, made no effort to improve the situation when they were, and then chose to no longer participate in the round in any capacity. If you wanted to convince me that you weren't just griefing and being a dick to everyone you should've done that the first time I gave you a secban because you were on a watchlist and you blatantly griefed all of science as a security officer just to feed me some bullshit.

I told you that I am done with your games, and you blatantly ignored it, then griefed more people within minutes of that secban.
Now you're here, feeding me bullshit again, stating that it's a shame I find your character unpleasant.

Wrong, I find you unpleasant to deal with, appeal denied.
lalaria

Post by lalaria » #575907

Sorry that you're so upset, but I don't agree that going AFK should be counted against me. There's nothing wrong with going AFK.
I also feel it's strange that you seem to give me so much importance, I don't remember talking to you before. If I didn't know better, I'd say you might have a bit of a grudge.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #575909

If you ever wanted to convince me that you weren't just feeding me bullshit you shouldn't be admitting to ignoring bwoinks after blatantly ignoring bans.
It's not my fault you can't remember the previous time I've banned you. Clearly you ignore administrative action to the point they feel necessary to act and then try to feed people more bullshit about a grudge.
lalaria

Post by lalaria » #575910

That was a sarcastic comment, in the same spirit of the language that's typically used in that channel. I think you should notice that people tend to act a certain way to be comical in the discord compared to serious discussions, such as DMs or the forums. There's a few keys to tell this, such as the context, which is the other messages before mine, which you didn't add. A big clue about the sarcasm/lighthearted nature of the comment is the way it's written, the lack of grammar and punctuation.

I'd like to point out that you bringing out such discord messages into this really makes me think you're paying a lot of attention to me, which I find puzzling.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #575915

lalaria wrote:I'd like to point out that you bringing out such discord messages into this really makes me think you're paying a lot of attention to me, which I find puzzling.
That picture was literally made today like 2 hours ago as of this post. You act like he's doing deep stalking when there's literally any number of reasons he could have found that, including another admin giving more of a shit. Apologies if this is a peanut post.
lalaria

Post by lalaria » #575920

Fair enough, but I still think it's evident it's a joke, ontop of that I go AFK very often on most rounds.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #575925

Locking this in the hopes that cooler heads will someday prevail
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #576708

Arcanedefences decision will be upheld. You've had many chances to play the game in respect to other players and have continued to go above and beyond to cause enormous issues for the crew around you. Please take this time away from /tg/station to explore other servers and come back to us with a good reference in a year.