Appeals which have been closed.
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

[FatalX1] Banned for trying to surivie on a SM shuttle hellhole

Post by technokek » #577008

BYOND account: technokek
Character name: Samantha Whirlow
Ban type: HOP
Ban length: This ban is temporary, it will be removed in 2 days.
Ban reason: Pushed 2 people onto the SM shard that someone had dragged onto the emergency shuttle, says it wasn't deliberate but, 4 admins were watching and felt it was
Time ban was placed: ~ 2020-09-21 21:13:12
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: The round ID is 146779
Your side of the story: The Quarter Master brought a SM shard into the shuttle. This shard killed most of the crew that was left there. The shard was located in the top right corner of the standart shuttle. The only save spot was the shuttle control room. My target was to get there. 2 People kept pushing lockers/crates into the SM making it go more and more unstable. These 2 people where an active threat to all live on the shuttle and in my only way to the safetie of the shuttle control room. The first person i killed was directly between me and the door he kept poking the sm with stuff to make it go more unstable, i pushed him in trying to get him away from the shard and get me a passage to the front of the shuttle. He landed in the shard. Sadly that whole ordeal was pointless since someone threw a grenade out the door of the control room and i had to flee to the back to not get fucked. The second person i pushed in had a locker in front of him between himself and the shard. I pushed him into the locker hoping it would knock him down but sadly he and the locker went poof.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Both instances of "murder" where under stress where i just wanted to surive and get away from the shard/make the people stop throwing shit inside it. I do not think i deserve a 2 day ban for showing 2 people into a shard when they activly blocked my escape and made the shard more dangerous to me and everyone else. I was only trying to ensure my own surival and make the situation less dangerous for me and every. I think people that throw stuff into an sm shard and make it more dangerous to me can be considered trying to kill me when i am next to it with no way to escape. I do not think a 2 day ban is jusified, the shuttle was a hot mess of radiation heat and explosions. Would you ban someone for killing a person that is trying to make a bomb (sm shard) blow up in the shuttle?
References of good conduct: I have no friends or people to tell you how much of a great person i am sorry,
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Re: [FatalX1] Banned for trying to surivie on a SM shuttle hellhole

Post by Fatal » #577074

Okay, thanks for taking the time to appeal

As you say, the shuttle was an absolute mess, and after investigating the entire incident fully from all parties involved, it was pretty impossible to find a single person who was directly at fault for everything, there was a QM who brought the SM shard onto the shuttle (in a locked and wrapped crate), someone who lasered said crate open, a borg who dragged the SM shard around a little, and various people either running into it themselves or throwing things at it, and that was just what I could find before the server crashed at the end

It would be unfair to keep the ban as is, so I will remove it and merely keep it as a note which I will edit to reflect the chaotic nature of the shuttle

Hopefully you find this reasonable
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Re: [FatalX1] Banned for trying to surivie on a SM shuttle hellhole

Post by technokek » #577084

Thank you for reading my post and looking into this more.

I am happy with the terms you propose.