[mralphonzo] frebbie - permaban appeal 2 years later

Appeals which have been closed.
Frebbie
Byond Username: Frebbie

[mralphonzo] frebbie - permaban appeal 2 years later

Post by Frebbie » #579778

BYOND account: frebbie
Character name: so long ago I can't remember
Ban type: permaban for feud with admin following complaints, see my post history for detail
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: I don't know this text. I thought I might have been lifted and when I was on another ckey and tried to connect a little more than a year later, but the admin software detected an evasion and wubli quickly banned me see:
Time ban was placed: The original one was sometime in 2017 or 2018. I can't remember and see above for the reason.
Server you were playing on when banned: I believe it was sybil but I might be mistaken
Round ID in which ban was placed: Please forgive my not knowing this, see the previous answers for detail as to why
Your side of the story: I was feuding with mralphonzo for primarily OOC administrative reasons, my distaste with him allowing nonantag murder among other things, I reported it on the forums as an admin complaint, he took it personally, and it continued variously through ahelps and ooc chat in game.I think I lost my cool and called him a racial slur as he was writing up the permaban when it happened

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't believe the ban should have been applied to begin with as it was primarily applied over a running grudge regarding administrative grievances rather than gameplay, being given the status of persona non-grata rather than being banned for a cut and dry rule violation such as nonantag bomb griefing or something, that a long term mute or ooc ban would have been appropriate, but I was so upset at the chain of events and no progress from the admin complaints I just gave up on ss13 for some time rather than appealing it. I didn't want to continue playing with him on the staff in any case. The admin I had issues with is apparently no long a part of the server, and as I was a fairly reasonable and non-disruptive guy I would like an opportunity to rejoin the community.

I want to acknowledge the fact that as posted above I did attempt to play a year later under another ckey, was found out quickly, and had that other ckey banned for it, not familiar with said alternate ckey. I suppose I should have checked with frebbie first to see if it had been lifted, and I understand ban evasion is certainly not good, but I figured that if I was still banned I wouldn't be able to simply reconnect with another ckey, that it would apply to my hardware or IP. In any case, it has been more than a year since then and I have not made any attempt to actively bypass that with any of the ban evasion methodologies.

If it could be lifted that would be cool, if not, it's been so many years it wouldn't be the end of the world. It's a fun game and I wouldn't mind playing again with everything closed for covid and winter coming. RE: the attempt to play again in july 2019 - I can understand being skeptical, but consider this: If I were really a bad dude just trying to be horrible, why would I appeal instead of hardware spoofing/vpns/etc? I hope from my post history and records you can get the semblance that I'm a pretty reasonable guy that wants to do the right thing. Things got out of hand with a staff member in a dispute and the official way of dealing with them didn't resolve the situation in a way that kept us both in the community at the time. Please take some time to read the disputes, as other (former? at the time?)staff at the time gave some credence to my complaints at the time, even if the agreement wasn't unanimous among the staff. I'm the kind of guy that thinks actions should speak for themselves and always referenced the logs.

I hope that with a chance to review my history you'll see for yourself that I'm the kind of guy that likes the rules and doesn't like seeing them bent, that my unhappiness with what I saw as a relaxed or misinterpreted view with some staff a few years ago put me on a path to argue with them, personal non-gameplay stuff led to arguing outside the game, and that those bygones can be bygones.

References of good conduct: I played for a little bit on hippy station when it was a thing, didn't really care for it. The medium/heavy rp servers aren't my thing and vgstation is a mess so I just gave up for a while until I saw unitystation being developed. My IC conduct was never the issue and I imagine you'd just reapply the permaban if you didn't care to have me anymore.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [mralphonzo] frebbie - permaban appeal 2 years later

Post by Vekter » #579780

Hey, thanks for appealing. MrAlphonzo retired a bit ago, so I'll take this over.

I need some time to look into this. I'll update the post once I'm done investigating.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Frebbie

Post by Frebbie » #579782

Vekter wrote:Hey, thanks for appealing. MrAlphonzo retired a bit ago, so I'll take this over.

I need some time to look into this. I'll update the post once I'm done investigating.
Thank you Vekter. Given how much time has gone by and that it's an out of character case split between the forums/ahelp/ooc logs from various dates, I know it's tedious reading and sucks and I appreciate you taking the time to review the case. If it takes a while, it is what it is - whatever comes with it, I appreciate your time.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #579785

Based on your admittedly short history here and the sheer number of alt accounts I found while investigating this, along with trusting Alphonzo's previous judgement and the admins I spoke to about your history, I don't believe you would be a good fit at this time.

I'd be willing to rethink this if you'd spend some time playing on Baystation. If you can play there for a month with zero notes or bans I will reconsider my decision.

Appeal denied.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Frebbie

Post by Frebbie » #579786

Vekter wrote:Based on your admittedly short history here and the sheer number of alt accounts I found while investigating this, along with trusting Alphonzo's previous judgement and the admins I spoke to about your history, I don't believe you would be a good fit at this time.

I'd be willing to rethink this if you'd spend some time playing on Baystation. If you can play there for a month with zero notes or bans I will reconsider my decision.

Appeal denied.
I tried heavy RP ss13 and it just isn't enjoyable to me. Thanks for considering the appeal anyway.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #579787

No problem. Thanks for understanding.
Spoiler: