[Wineallwine] IradT - R.A.C.I.S.M. 2day ban and 5day sillicon ban.

Appeals which have been closed.
Irad
Byond Username: IradT

[Wineallwine] IradT - R.A.C.I.S.M. 2day ban and 5day sillicon ban.

Post by Irad » #583782

BYOND account: IradT
Character name: R.A.C.I.S.M.
Ban type: Server/Role
Ban length:5 days sillyban, 2 days server ban
Ban reason: The ban reason is: As an asimov AI enabled lethals on chamber turrets. Then proceeded to lie about it being caused by an ion gun in ahelps. Please review our rules and sillicon policies during your time away. This ban (BanID #51411) was applied by wineallwine on 2020-12-14 21:39:10 on round ID 152177. The ban is for 2 days and expires on 2020-12-16 21:39:10 (server time)
Time ban was placed: 2020-12-14 21:39:10
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235
Your side of the story: In a chaotic round, where AA is widespread (partially due to me opening at a law 2 request), a Unknown, that is supposedly warden, that shows up as (unknown) was claiming i was malfunctioning/subverted due to a previous atmos flood(most likely due to said AA) were approaching my AI sat, and RCDing doors down. Security has made public executions at this point, and there has been a guy that was not security talking on seccoms attacking sec. (? unsure, he was not on cams at the time). He demands that he card me, i say no. (due to previous human harm by sec and sec impostors). He RCD's doors, and ions my turrets, and kills the securitron. At this time i'm fiddling with turrets, and he RCD's walls around them, like he should if ai is only subverted. (which is now apparent from his point, due to no malf apc.). here, i probably left the turrets on lethal, as i was switching modes, since these are useless at this point. Either way, from what i saw, i never shot harmful shots. While this is going on, another guy is trailing my sat, and im talking to the HoS who is talking on seccoms here about this supposed "warden" (later turns out, he was the warden) and that he trusts him. the other guy waltzes in, and i'm fiddling with the core turrets at this point, having disregarded the antechamber ones (since they are RCD'd in.) keep in mind, i have about 10 things to keep in mind. Human harming warden, sec, Hos giving me other orders and a guy that seems keen on murdering them (botanist id). the APC is then turned on so I regain control over the door, prior to this equipment was turned off, and from my memory, this was after the walls surrounded the turrets. Here the botanist walks in, and i suspect that i get a (stun) shot in from the core turrets. the warden and botanist fight, and in hindsight i probably should have tried to not stun either off them, and keep the botanist out. However, since the doors were removed with RCD, all i could have done more was to shut firelocks. I keep talking with the hos, while this to me unknown warden and botanist duke it out in the southern part of my satellite.

WineAllWine contacts me around here, and i mistakenly say that the ion gun flipped it to lethal, as i thought it was at the time, as evidence said it was not so( sadly, i cannot see full logs myself). However, i think i'm still in the right, as the turrets never actually harmed anyone, and it was never my intention to do so, only glossed over as it was of little concern. I can absolutely see how this seems unreasonable from an admin perspective how it looks like a way to weasel out of punishment. From my point of view, it was a high-octane stressing environment that was difficult to multitask, and priority had been changed as i acted.

However, I do believe that the ban is justified from an admin point of view, And i do not mind as I am a very harsh AI player.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I do not believe that i should be unbanned, as i firmly believe that might gives right and the power exerted over users by admins is always in the right. They have banning tools, and players do not, and hence they should abuse players freely.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: [Wineallwine] IradT - R.A.C.I.S.M. 2day ban and 5day sillicon ban.

Post by WineAllWine » #583784

Hello!

I was expecting this appeal, so lucky you get an expedited response. - the ban stands

Honestly, the main crime here was the perceived lying - if you had said something like "Oh I was under a lot of stress and enabled lethals in a fit of emotion" your ban would've been more lenient (or been a note).

I don't find the argument of "Oh yeah my turrets were lethal but they never hurt anyone" particularly convincing, the law 1 of an asimov AI is to not harm.

I will admit, I am sorry for bwoinking you in the middle of what was clearly a high-stress environment. I have been on the receiving end of such things as AI and it is not fun at all.

Finally:
Irad wrote: Why you think you should be unbanned: I do not believe that i should be unbanned, as i firmly believe that might gives right and the power exerted over users by admins is always in the right. They have banning tools, and players do not, and hence they should abuse players freely.
erm... what? I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or passive aggression or what? Admins aren't inherently right, that's why we have this forum.

In conclusion, I'm unconvinced that you were telling the truth during the ahelp, and this ban will stand, barring headmin intervention.
Irad
Byond Username: IradT

Post by Irad » #583789

WineAllWine wrote:Hello!

I was expecting this appeal, so lucky you get an expedited response. - the ban stands

Honestly, the main crime here was the perceived lying - if you had said something like "Oh I was under a lot of stress and enabled lethals in a fit of emotion" your ban would've been more lenient (or been a note).

I don't find the argument of "Oh yeah my turrets were lethal but they never hurt anyone" particularly convincing, the law 1 of an asimov AI is to not harm.

I will admit, I am sorry for bwoinking you in the middle of what was clearly a high-stress environment. I have been on the receiving end of such things as AI and it is not fun at all.
Very understandable. I do not intend on lying either, so saying "I enabled lethals in a fit of emotion" would have been lying. What i did, was mess with the turret panel, probably set it to harm, but then disregarded it completely. I think "oh yeah my turrets were lethal, but they never harmed anyone" was pretty justifiable, as the APC in the room was not turned on(due to ion gun), and before it was turned on there were walls around it. the law 1 of Asimov is to not harm humans, not to not do harm. (of course, in this position, the only one around was a human, but he could see where the turrets were, and i did not expect him to teleport into the walled in turret, as per:
(Humans can be assumed to know whether an action will harm them and that they will make educated decisions about whether they will be harmed if they have complete information about a situation.)

Sadly, I as a player cannot access full logs for actions taken, such as when ion guns were fired, walls were made, apc turned on and off and turret modes switched.

I will remember this to the future when interacting with you, and blame things on my my emotions, instead of telling the truth from my perspective. :)

WineAllWine wrote: Finally:
Irad wrote: Why you think you should be unbanned: I do not believe that i should be unbanned, as i firmly believe that might gives right and the power exerted over users by admins is always in the right. They have banning tools, and players do not, and hence they should abuse players freely.
erm... what? I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or passive aggression or what? Admins aren't inherently right, that's why we have this forum.

In conclusion, I'm unconvinced that you were telling the truth during the ahelp, and this ban will stand, barring headmin intervention.
no sarcasm here. I firmly belive that those in power should use it however they please. Might gives right.

Do not unban me. I am merely using the power i am given.

However, I will gladly take on a trial by combat to settle this, just tell me where to meet.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #583790

Well, if you agree that you should be banned, there's not really a point to this thread, now is there?

Locked.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you