Post by alexseetoe » #585808

BYOND account: alexseetoe
Character name: bell finkle
Ban type: server
Ban length: 7 days
Time ban was placed: 2020-12-31 23:12:17
Server you were playing on when banned: sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:153299
Your side of the story: watching hos arrest a miner then i get arrested i obviously was unhappy about this because i wasnt even aware of the crime i had committed. i ask the sec officer and he says for B&E then he confiscates a bunch of stuff which he doesnt intend to give back (shield and PKC, im a miner too) then i get brigged for 5 minutes under the pretense that "you were reported for breaking a window" which i did do but the time was incorrect and the officer was taunting me saying he arrested me for my accent (i only learned the real reason when the admin told me) for this i ahelped mainly because of the time, when the admin was acting passive agressive i said i was going to kill the sec officer because i thought that i had proper escalation (with the sec officer taunting me and stuff) then the admin tells me not to and i dont respond because he closes the ticket. i then get out and pick up a body and try to take it to medbay the detective then tells me to put the body down which i refuse in turn he throws a throwing star at me which started a scuffle (mainly i didnt want to be brigged for an overly long time and figured id rather resist then that) nobody died and i was gulagged appropriately i begin mining not really doing much except exploring iceland then this ban was place for seven days. keep in mind the recent note this admin references is when i killed the warden and hos (somewhat justified so i was only given a day ban in which i was going to be let off with a warning because of my escalation justification but i argued heavily that i didnt break any rules) which happened a MONTH prior.
Why you think you should be unbanned: these interactions are far apart and rare, not only did nobody die but i tried to do things the proper way (which led to my ban) i believe this admin is in the wrong and it is quite blatantly so. im also a veteran of the server having been playing it for around 2-3 years now. not to mention this is a LRP server which means little to no escalation is needed to warrant a kill in which i told the admin "i will kill the security officer with proper escalation". (sidenote) if this gets appealed i will feel my ban was wrong and continue to submit an admin complaint because the admin not only banned me wrongfully but taunted me after which (shown in the end of the ban reason).
Attachments
dumbban.PNG
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [bigfatbananacyclops] ban appeal for alexseetoe

Post by Hulkamania » #585809

Edited title of thread to match proper formatting.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #586023

Unorthodox but I'm going to tack this on to the discussion because it seems relevant. This ban appeal was originally started because alexseetoe was looking for someone to help with an "abusive admin." It was in relation to this ban, so I directed them to the forums. They've spent a good chunk of my time today hitting my inbox with several messages that I am "making them cry" but not unbanning them despite me not being the banning admin, nor involved in the ban in any way.

I'd just like to throw it out there for the record that repeatedly messaging an administrator who is not involved is not a good way to get unbanned, and if anything makes me less inclined to want you unbanned in the first place.
alexseetoe
Byond Username: Alexseeweede

Post by alexseetoe » #586034

kind of a joke but hey you do your thing, its just a week and i thought it would be funny to be overly dramatic in a way which made it obvious it were a joke but i guess we dont have the same sense of humour.
bigfatbananacyclops
Byond Username: Bigfatbananacyclops

Post by bigfatbananacyclops » #586039

From the escalation rules.
Exceptions: Security is expected not to retaliate with random abuse or violence unless the person in question is otherwise eligible for execution. You can't kill or maim security for trying to arrest you for legitimate reasons.

If you're going to hit multiple windows and consoles there's no doubt you will get arrested. You might've been thinking ''they threw a throwing star at me so i can kill them now'' but no,
[2020-12-31 23:03:12.716] ATTACK: Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) has grabbed RetinalCircus[DC]/(Roman Schwartz) passive grab (NEWHP: -254.2) (Brig (102,169,4))
[2020-12-31 23:03:16.624] ATTACK: Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) has grabbed RetinalCircus[DC]/(Roman Schwartz) aggressive grab (NEWHP: -254.2) (Brig (100,168,4))
[2020-12-31 23:03:18.330] ATTACK: Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) has thrown RetinalCircus[DC]/(Roman Schwartz) grab from tile in Brig (100,166,4) towards tile at Brig (100,170,4) (NEWHP: -255.2) (Brig (100,166,4))
[2020-12-31 23:03:18.331] ATTACK: Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) has thrown Unknown (Brig (100,166,4))
[2020-12-31 23:03:20.128] ATTACK: Mikleo/(Derek Burns) has fired at [floor] with the disabler beam from Brig (Brig (102,170,4))
[2020-12-31 23:03:20.727] ATTACK: Mikleo/(Derek Burns) has fired at [floor] with the disabler beam from Brig (Brig (102,170,4))
[2020-12-31 23:03:25.219] ATTACK: Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) has stunned FrostBlaze/(Josie Rader) with the police baton (NEWHP: 69.7) (Brig (101,167,4))
[2020-12-31 23:03:32.116] ATTACK: FrostBlaze/(Josie Rader) has threw and hit Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) with the ninja throwing star (NEWHP: 89.9) (Brig (102,170,4))
[2020-12-31 23:03:33.764] ATTACK: FrostBlaze/(Josie Rader) has threw and hit Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) with the ninja throwing star (NEWHP: 89.9) (Brig (100,170,4))
[2020-12-31 23:03:34.412] ATTACK: Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) has stunned FrostBlaze/(Josie Rader) with the police baton (NEWHP: 69.7) (Brig (99,169,4))
i then get out and pick up a body and try to take it to medbay the detective then tells me to put the body down which i refuse in turn he throws a throwing star at me which started a scuffle
I really doubt you were trying to take them to medbay, security told you to let the body go and you provoked them, specially after you told me you were going to kill them, you bodyslammed the detective and started assaulting them with the baton, the detective being unarmed responded with throwing stars, eventually after they captured you again they healed you up and sent you to labor camp. You were baiting them, attempting to start a fight with them, dont lie your way through.
[2020-12-31 23:07:56.472] OOC: Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) "why are the shitmins on" (Icemoon Caves (59,123,3))
[2020-12-31 23:08:06.432] OOC: Alexseetoe/(Bell Finkle) "mrp admin moment" (Icemoon Caves (61,123,3))
They were not thieving you, in fact you came out of your cell with your drake armour and gear, and your ahelp was completely misleading as well.
The reason for this ban was because you ignored an admin and seeked a fight with a security, with the intent to kill them based on what you said on PMS. Adding the recent previous note you had, tresspassing security and fireballing the HOS to his death (which was not justified) for defending his warden.
If you really are a veteran you should know the rules, which i believe you don't.
In-game administration rulings are final.
Incidences of admin abuse, negligence or disputed rulings can be taken to the forums. If an admin says something was 'looked into, handled, resolved' etc, regarding an issue, it is unlikely an admin will provide any further information. Admins are under no obligation to reveal IC information. Deliberately lying or misrepresenting facts in adminhelps will be dealt with harshly.
i will feel my ban was wrong and continue to submit an admin complaint because the admin not only banned me wrongfully but taunted me after which (shown in the end of the ban reason).
If you're going to keep being evasive about this situation, claiming that you did nothing wrong then you should take some time off, its a week ban. Give the rules/escalation rules a read, you've got a pretty bad history as well about lying to the admin staff and you're on thin ice, your behavior hasn't been improving at all, taking in account what hulk said.
Last edited by bigfatbananacyclops on Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
alexseetoe
Byond Username: Alexseeweede

Post by alexseetoe » #586040

it wasnt the detective i had any issue with he just got in an escalated fight with me after i was freed if you want to talk about my previous note i entered the brig to give drake armour to the hos, the warden legswept me and hit me 9 times before i did anything agressive (which was shooting a fireball) after which the hose started shooting me with beanbags so i fireballed him as well which is why in the note it says the warden kill was justifiable. I didnt hit multiple windows or anything of the sort i broke a window at roundstart and was given 5 minutes. the detective kill was was irrelevant to me stating i was going to have proper escalation to kill the officer who arrested me and teased me about my accent.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #586386

I wanted to come in and go over a couple things in your initial appeal before locking and resolving this.
alexseetoe wrote:not to mention this is a LRP server which means little to no escalation is needed to warrant a kill in which i told the admin "i will kill the security officer with proper escalation".
We have a defined escalation policy across both our regular server and our MRP servers. Justifying your appeal about breaking that policy by making offhand remarks about you ignoring them does not exactly inspire good faith. Additionally killing security officers as a non-antagonist for doing their jobs is also explicitly against the escalation policy.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Escalation

BigFatBananaCyclops properly investigated this situation and placed a fair ban which will be upheld.