Adidasiek
Byond Username: Adidasiek

[Doctor Brutality] Adidasiek - Metacomming

Post by Adidasiek » #586826

BYOND account: Adidasiek
Character name: Adam Koshka
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Metacomms with VerosBOI and AntoniHakeroni. Informed Antoni of their location when they were completely invisible and unconscious. Dishonest in ahelps.
Time ban was placed: 2021-01-05 14:14:28
Server you were playing on when banned: Teryy
Round ID in which ban was placed: 153618
Your side of the story: There isn't much to say here I got banned for stupidity. I was playing Geneticist with my friends (who are considerably new to the game) mentioned in the ban reason. We sometimes play SS13 together and this time we used Discord. Because I have introduced them to the game I also try to explain them basic mechanics. This time I wanted to show them the Geneticist role. The round went on, I was teaching them how to play Geneticist and then near the end of the round (because of my mutations I think) I fell asleep randomly and couldn't wake up. Basically I got frustrated and commited the worst RP offence. I told Antoni that my body was near the armory. He retreived me and we all got BWOINKED.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I am sincirely sorry for violating the rules and I would like to be unbanned because I like /tg/ and since it was my first SS13 server I've become attached to it. I have fully acknowledged my wrongdoings and I will not commit such heinous offence again. I have also re-read the rules and will apply to them.
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Re: [Doctor Brutality] Adidasiek - Metacomming

Post by pugie » #586913

Hi, thanks for appealing.
I'm not entirely convinced that I should unban you, I'll list my reasons.

Number 1: You have already been made aware of our policy on metagaming/metacommunication last year. GUMDISEASE informed you of these rules in February of last year, with VerosBOI too nonetheless, so I don't have to make leaps in logic that you were metacommunicating back then too.
Number 2: About a month before I banned you and your two friends, another admin left a secret note on your account detailing their suspicions of you three metacomming but there not being enough proof to ban you. Considering I caught you in the act now, I'm also going to assume you were metacomming with your two friends a month ago, and this wasn't a one off. I don't have reason to believe much of what you're saying now because you and your friends weren't honest in metacomming in ahelps. I gave you all multiple chances to just own up to metacommunications, but you never admitted it despite being fully caught in the act, antonihakeroni even told me to KYS (sad!). I believe these link to your ahelp logs should be public: https://sb.atlantaned.space/me/tickets/153618/5
Number 3: It's not even like you guys were just keeping your metacommunication as harmless as possible. As soon as another player hacked into genetics in order to ask for/take mutations all 3 of you wordlessly beat him to death. That's extremely uncool! You should know better, you should have paid more attention to the rules, but of course if you did we wouldn't be here.

I really don't think you deserve an unban, being oblivious to the rules is not an excuse for someone who has been playing since 2019, you should be well acquainted to them and you were utterly dishonest in ahelps. If I didn't catch you you'd still be on the server metacomming and wordlessly beating people to death now. Unless you somehow have a strong vouch from another reputable server about good behaviour and no metacommunication I can't see myself lifting this and will have to defer to the head admins.
Adidasiek
Byond Username: Adidasiek

Re: [Doctor Brutality] Adidasiek - Metacomming

Post by Adidasiek » #586918

pugie wrote:Hi, thanks for appealing.
I'm not entirely convinced that I should unban you, I'll list my reasons.

Number 1: You have already been made aware of our policy on metagaming/metacommunication last year. GUMDISEASE informed you of these rules in February of last year, with VerosBOI too nonetheless, so I don't have to make leaps in logic that you were metacommunicating back then too.
Number 2: About a month before I banned you and your two friends, another admin left a secret note on your account detailing their suspicions of you three metacomming but there not being enough proof to ban you. Considering I caught you in the act now, I'm also going to assume you were metacomming with your two friends a month ago, and this wasn't a one off. I don't have reason to believe much of what you're saying now because you and your friends weren't honest in metacomming in ahelps. I gave you all multiple chances to just own up to metacommunications, but you never admitted it despite being fully caught in the act, antonihakeroni even told me to KYS (sad!). I believe these link to your ahelp logs should be public: https://sb.atlantaned.space/me/tickets/153618/5
Number 3: It's not even like you guys were just keeping your metacommunication as harmless as possible. As soon as another player hacked into genetics in order to ask for/take mutations all 3 of you wordlessly beat him to death. That's extremely uncool! You should know better, you should have paid more attention to the rules, but of course if you did we wouldn't be here.

I really don't think you deserve an unban, being oblivious to the rules is not an excuse for someone who has been playing since 2019, you should be well acquainted to them and you were utterly dishonest in ahelps. If I didn't catch you you'd still be on the server metacomming and wordlessly beating people to death now. Unless you somehow have a strong vouch from another reputable server about good behaviour and no metacommunication I can't see myself lifting this and will have to defer to the head admins.
Thank you for your response. I understand your concerns about me commiting the same offence but I don't think my two friends will ever want to play SS13 again especially after the stunt Antoni made.
If there is no chance of lifting the ban now I will try to earn the vouch from other servers.