Post by BusterTornado » #587490

BYOND account: bustertornad0
Character name: Murga Troid
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: 2020-04-11 09:19:21
Round ID in which ban was placed: 134469

Your side of the story: At the time I had played something like a month or so of SS13, and coming from the Sseth video I had still thought "haha grief for no reason funny!!!!!", so when I got bored my first bright idea was to bomb security for no reason. Because I was still pretty new, I thought that admins had no logs of who used signals or blew things up, so I metacommed with my friend Joser22 and told him to use a signaler that I left on the ground to blow up the bomb near sec, and claimed that I had been "robbed", because, again, I thought that admins didn't have logs. When the admin messaged Joser, he did the right thing and told him about the metacomming, leading to my ban.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe that my ban was fair, however I believe I deserve a second chance. When I did this, I had pretty much just learned the controls and the basics of chemistry. I had basically zero experience actually playing the game as intended, which is evidenced by me thinking that logs didn't exist and following the "lol grief!!" thinking. Having been on the receiving end of griefing, murderboning, metacomming, etc. etc. several times, I now realise why those things are against the rules, and I won't do them again. While I do still talk with Joser22, we don't metacomm during rounds. Unless I am an antag or I'm alone on the server, the most destruction I ever really cause nowadays (at least intentionally) is pranks like metal foaming the front of sec. What I'm trying to say is that I've learned how to play in a way that doesn't ruin it for everybody else on the server. The main reason I'm appealing is because my friends are getting into SS13 and, from my experiences with other servers, /tg/station is the most worth playing on (except for AuStation, which is dead all but 3 hours of the day).

References of good conduct: Pretty much the 7 months I've been banned, I've been playing on AuStation, and I have only gotten two notes without any bans or mutes. I've become a reasonably well known player in that community (at least I am fairly sure I am) I frequently help new players to learn the ropes, particularly with chemistry and atmos, and as I mentioned earlier I'm currently trying to get my friends into the game. For proof that I would follow the rules if I was unbanned - There are literally no other (not dead) servers for me to play on, so if I mess up and get banned, that's game set and match for me, and I can no longer play fun spacemans with my friends. In other words, I swear on my ability to play SS13 that I will not do dumb shit.
Dezupher
Byond Username: Dezupher

Re: Ban Appeal [Dezupher]

Post by Dezupher » #587541

So as much as I'd really like to go ahead and lift this ban, the content of your appeal contradicts your recent history on Beestation https://beestation13.com/bans?q=bustertornad0.

If you would like to address your history on Beestation, or at the very least own up to it, then I'll consider lifting the ban.
BusterTornado
Byond Username: BusterTornad0

Post by BusterTornado » #587548

While I admit that my recent history on Beestation is pretty poor (although 6 months for deep frying stuff is pretty harsh), I would like to say that represents a low portion of the amount I actually play. Within the last 6 months or so, I would say my SS13 hours are 90% AuStation and 10% Beestation. My behaviour on AuStation shows that I am capable of playing the game properly, and, as I mentioned in the original post, if I get banned from /tg/, I am banned from the last server that is worth playing on, so I will do my absolute best to not make trouble on the server.
Dezupher
Byond Username: Dezupher

Post by Dezupher » #587550

Works for me.

I've gone ahead and lifted the ban now.