I Can Hear Colors
Byond Username: I Can Hear Colors

coffeedragon16 - I Can Hear Colors - Wrongful note appeal

Post by I Can Hear Colors » #588371

BYOND account: I Can Hear Colors
Character name: random
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a non-antagonist, attempted to fake ops. Has been spoken to about this before. Faking ops is highly disruptive to the round, as it causes AA to loose, people to rush armory, etc. This falls under the same umbrella as the faking revs headmin ruling.
Time ban was placed: 2021-01-25 01:26:47
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 154957
Your side of the story: 3 months ago, for a few rounds I shitposted over the common radio about ops being in space. Or medbay. Or lavaland. These were very disprovable lies that any reasonable person could dismiss, akin to "SHADOWLINGS MAINT" or "HOS HAS AN ARMBLADE" or "RD IS REVHEAD HE FLASHED THE CLOWN", but command had apparently never hear the boy-who-cried-wolf story and occasionally passed out AA leading to a few fun rounds.

Eventually I get bwoinked for it by brotherbeyond:
https://sb.atlantaned.space/ticket/7c5d0b7218706902
Who said not to do it too often even if its not strictly against the rules, which I understand completely and stopped doing.
(Note also in the same ticket / round mythy killed and threw me into the sm for doing it, which is apparently how it can be dealt with IC)

3 months later (now), I shout "ops outside chapel" 30 minutes into the shift as a shitpost as someone is constantly bombing areas around the station and running away to space. I never intended to get AA from it or really thought twice about it again, went on to work around science doing experiments with bepis tech, saved a miner's life and even caught the gunpowder-bomber heretic when he hacked inside. Suddenly I'm bwoinked by mythy:
https://sb.atlantaned.space/ticket/ee3b50cba54f0918
and am chastised about how, on a round where a heretic went around bombing every public area open to the vacuum of space with dozens dead and no medbay to heal them, a single shitpost about a fake ops call was somehow the more major round-disruptor. He immediately wants to note me for it and threatens to do so unless I look through my entire ahelp history to find the single conversation we had about it in the next few moments (Note I didn't even have this account registered at the time, the ticket was literally from three months ago, we both knew about the ahelp but didn't remember who the admin was or anything, and the ticket subject itself was actually about a vampire killing that lead into the nukop callout later). 4 minutes later he calls time and gives said note.
When I question the illegality of shitposting in the first place, he links a year-old forum post about somewhat-kinda-maybe-relevant fake rev callouts: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 28#p474528
which apparently has an 'offical headmin ruling' but after a readover I didn't see it so please help me there if its there at all. He had the link within a minute of asking so you know he had done his homework for this exact encounter.

The round ends there but I fail to reconnect in time and just go through the old ahelps till I find the exact one above. Prior interaction with the admin was exactly like I said it was, a warning saying 'don't do it too often' from three months ago where I haven't done it since. Recently mythy has apparently developed a deep festering hatred towards anyone doing any type of gimmick more than once in a row, or in this case anytime in relatively recent memory, and I think he jumped the gun a bit for a case he apparently prepared for as best he could. I have enough questionably defamatory notes I probably should contest, but this one directly counteracting the chill ahelp I had with brotherbeyond is a bit much.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: coffeedragon16 - I Can Hear Colors - Wrongful note appeal

Post by Mothblocks » #588376

I Can Hear Colors wrote: When I question the illegality of shitposting in the first place, he links a year-old forum post about somewhat-kinda-maybe-relevant fake rev callouts: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 28#p474528
which apparently has an 'offical headmin ruling' but after a readover I didn't see it so please help me there if its there at all. He had the link within a minute of asking so you know he had done his homework for this exact encounter.
That's from the, admittedly lengthy, Headmin Rulings page, Nervere was a head admin at the time of posting.

Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #588422

Could you put in a 'why I think the note should be appealed' and a 'reference of good conduct' section per forum rules? It would help me a lot if I could see more about what you're thinking here.
Image ImageImageImageImage
I Can Hear Colors
Byond Username: I Can Hear Colors

Post by I Can Hear Colors » #588451

The final paragraph is basically "why I think the note should be appealed". We both knew we had a talk about this before, where we both knew the result was 'its not against the rules but don't do it too often', but I didn't have the specifics for that encounter from three months ago on hand (which I think you knew) and rushed to note me for it. The ticket ended up being exactly what we both knew it was, where I took to heart 'its not against the rules but don't do it too often' and didn't do it too often, and here I am not doing it too often but too often for you. The note itself is worded to crucify me as if I'm some relentless griefer who ignores everything I'm spoken to about and that I intentionally tried to ruin everyone's round, has nothing to do with the context I just mentioned before, is basically your own harsher conflicting take on a different ruling from the ticket I had before that I was adhering to (that you knew about but conveniently forgot), and was given 4 minutes with a gun to my head to sift through literally three months worth of tickets on a site I wasn't even registered for before I'm suddenly required to appeal a ticket here. Appealing a wrongful ticket is a much more difficult, unfun, grueling process than defending myself from getting one in the first place, which I think you knew in your rush to give one.

I have no references because this happened last night and is just a note. Both sections were more relevant to ban requests and this is a note request. Are you honestly trying to paperwork hop this out? Do you want me to come back with my resume and a list of my last three manager references in the recent fiscal year? Or are you dipping into the psychologist job to 'see what I'm thinking here' when you poke and prod like this? What I'm 'thinking here' with my 4 years of experience with the paperwork-hop abominable yogmins is that you've acted and worded everything specifically for an encounter on the forum like this, where the in-game context / flow of gameplay goes out the window and we can crucify someone over every recorded log they may not have noticed in the heat of the moment or spend hours scrounging up every cherry-picked forum post from years back to paint a bloody picture. I like this game where people scream "AI ABSORBING NUKOPS IN MAINT" and clowns beat me to death for shoving them and you can click on bad spaceguys till they go horizontal. I hate this 'game' where you talk in every ticket as if 'this call may be recorded for quality and training purposes' and someone who think I metagrudge writes it down in my notes and judges me for years based off it and a death by a thousand papercuts comes when you eat a permaban simply from the weight of everyone writing bad notes and never writing good ones. That what I'm 'thinking here', which I think you were already thinking of when you were thoughting about it while I didn't have time to think.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #588463

This note is factually correct with a previous headmin ruling reinforcing that this sort of behavior is not allowed. It acts as a record that we've talked about this incident with you so it will hopefully not happen again.

This note will be upheld.