[<Shaps>] doom2hellonearth - banned for banbaiting before I could defend myself.

Appeals which have been closed.
doom2hellonearth
Byond Username: DOOM2HellOnEarth

[<Shaps>] doom2hellonearth - banned for banbaiting before I could defend myself.

Post by doom2hellonearth » #588539

BYOND account:Doom2HellOnEarth
Character name: Alan Moorison
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 5 days
Ban reason:
ban.png
[/b]
Time ban was placed:see above
Server you were playing on when banned:Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:see above
Your side of the story:I just found out that instacrit syringes, so naturally I made some and wanted to try it out. Out of impulse, I shot at the HoS, which promptly did nothing because of the ablative trenchcoat. Impulsively again, I ahelped, thinking little ic reason despite him having a good reason. What I didn't know was
A. he was a ling
B. I didn't explain in the ahelp that it was actually harmful.
The admin asked why would I be stupid enough to do something like that, and I had a discussion with him where he asked me questions about it, and then I realized I made a mistake, and admitted that he didn't do anything wrong. This was poor communication on my part. Shabs asked me questions trying to get the whole story, and I answered them honestly, although again, cryptically, on my part. My ahelps are pretty short which, is on the fault of me. after I admitted that I was in the wrong, He said I was "blatant banbaiting" and banned me from all TG code servers for 5 days.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think it's excessive to ban me from ALL /tg/ code servers for an impulsive decision which was a misunderstanding, and especially without a chance to defend myself. I don't want anyone to get banned. It sucks. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. When I ahelp it's usually cause I want the admins to just talk to whatever player about not doing something. In this context, I was fully in the wrong and I take full accountability for it. I had no reason to try and banbait the player in qeustion. I don't metagrudge, and Infact I'd be best friends with someone one round, that, In another, I'd be enemies with. It's just the nature of the game. I've never insulted an admin (at least from what I can recall, correct me If I'm wrong) and I apologize If I had, and I apologize to Shaps for not being clear and conscience in my ahelp, in fact, I apologize for ahelping at all.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [<Shaps>] doom2hellonearth - banned for banbaiting before I could defend myself.

Post by Shaps-cloud » #588541

You realize that admins have access to the discord, right dude? Even if I forgave the banbaiting as a legitimate mistake on your part, you would still totally be on the hook for randomly shooting the HoS with a syringe full of harmful chemicals.

At first when I opened this thread, I was going to be nice and reduce this because I thought you may not have actually intended to banbait with your ahelp, but you literally explicitly admit to doing it by saying you were using the admins "to cheese my way out of a situation I put myself in". Banbaiting doesn't have to mean you asked for the other guy to get banned, it covers any situation where someone tries to weaponize the admin team against someone being deceitful in adminhelps. On top of that you also explicitly admitted that you intended to kill the HoS with that syringe (I assume FNR), which is also very bannable. Had you not ahelped this in the first place, you would have gotten away with it.

Also,

Were you literally on our discord asking for another server you could grief on while you were waiting for your ban appeal here to be handled? This appeal is terrible, if it wasn't against admin protocol to extend bans as a result of an appeal, I'd go out of my way to extend it to a month or perma because of how badly you did convincing us you'd be better.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [<Shaps>] doom2hellonearth - banned for banbaiting before I could defend myself.

Post by Vekter » #588542

You're not banned from all /tg/ code servers, you can still play on downstreams of our code if you wish.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
doom2hellonearth

Post by doom2hellonearth » #588568

Shaps-cloud wrote:You realize that admins have access to the discord, right dude? Even if I forgave the banbaiting as a legitimate mistake on your part, you would still totally be on the hook for randomly shooting the HoS with a syringe full of harmful chemicals.

At first when I opened this thread, I was going to be nice and reduce this because I thought you may not have actually intended to banbait with your ahelp, but you literally explicitly admit to doing it by saying you were using the admins "to cheese my way out of a situation I put myself in". Banbaiting doesn't have to mean you asked for the other guy to get banned, it covers any situation where someone tries to weaponize the admin team against someone being deceitful in adminhelps. On top of that you also explicitly admitted that you intended to kill the HoS with that syringe (I assume FNR), which is also very bannable. Had you not ahelped this in the first place, you would have gotten away with it.

Also,

Were you literally on our discord asking for another server you could grief on while you were waiting for your ban appeal here to be handled? This appeal is terrible, if it wasn't against admin protocol to extend bans as a result of an appeal, I'd go out of my way to extend it to a month or perma because of how badly you did convincing us you'd be better.
Oh, I see. Yeah it's a bad habit I'm gonna have to unlearn. I didn't realize that was what banbaiting meant. I'll keep that in mind. Honestly, I was thinking of just disabling the f1 key on my keyboard entirely since nine times out of ten I ahelp out of desperation than actual issues, and I realize that now. I apologize.
This appeal is terrible, if it wasn't against admin protocol to extend bans as a result of an appeal, I'd go out of my way to extend it to a month or perma because of how badly you did convincing us you'd be better.
I mean I'd figure I would try anyways. I thought self antagging and grief is a grey line and an IC issue, but I suppose I'm wrong.
doom2hellonearth

Post by doom2hellonearth » #588570

Vekter wrote:You're not banned from all /tg/ code servers, you can still play on downstreams of our code if you wish.
What I meant was basil/sybil/terry/manuel, but yeah, I guess I could, if I wanted the store-brand tg experience