[MrStonedOne] Cipher3 - Long time no siege

Appeals which have been closed.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

[MrStonedOne] Cipher3 - Long time no siege

Post by Cipher3 » #589269

Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Cipher3) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: metagaming/metacoms between jodokaden and cipher3. mutiple rounds of wordlessly helping eachother/promoting eachother. This ban (BanID #20300) was applied by MrStoneOne on 2015-06-09 18:09:39 during round ID 0.

BYOND account: Cipher3
Character name: Coravin Vattes
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Cipher3) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: metagaming/metacoms between jodokaden and cipher3. mutiple rounds of wordlessly helping eachother/promoting eachother. This ban (BanID #20300) was applied by MrStoneOne on 2015-06-09 18:09:39 during round ID 0.
Time ban was placed: This ban (BanID #20300) was applied by MrStoneOne on 2015-06-09 18:09:39 during round ID 0.
Server you were playing on when banned: Basil. I'm guessing.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 0 - I'm guessing this was before this system was set up or something.
Your side of the story: Okay, six year memory here we go. Jodokaden was, as surmised, a friend of mine. We did stuff together while in our group's voice call. Often we were both assistants, and so if one of us got all access it would circle around to the other (and most other assistants, of course. That's the way it goes - or at least, the way it went.) Essentially, all you need to know is that MSO was right in issuing the ban. We were metacommunicating and, usually, doing so as assistants.

Spoilered because it doesn't matter but here's the specific instance:
Spoiler:
Ironically my memory suggests that the exact instance which got us banned was actually partially a coincidence, not that it changes anything at all. I was acting at the HoS - who knows what my original role might have been - and I think jodo had stirred up some trouble earlier in the round, not enough to execute him, but enough that I could justify putting him away if I wanted to. Well, I decided to mess with him and I threw him in the maintenance incinerator area that nobody uses, because the double-locking door system means that without tools it's impossible to escape from the inside. I figured, if someone happened to stumble across him, it would be a funny little bit to see if he could talk them into letting him out. And if not, maybe I'd let him go later. Maybe not. I think I even gave him a screwdriver and wirecutters but no multitool, so he could shock himself on the doors if he wanted. Anyways, stuff goes down for a while and things are getting bad so I forget about him for some time, and then I remember him and figure I should get him out because everything's falling apart. I was walking towards the brig, but I turn around and head for the incinerator to check on him or pick him up. Right at that time (I might have mentioned I was coming, not sure) he tells me he's actually dead over metacomms, and I ask him how, and he says something is over there killing him. When I show up, he's already gone, no big surprise. Then I get the bwoink and the rest is history.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, first off, hindsight tells me I made a terrible mistake: SS13 is way more fun when murdering your friends than cheating with them. The game just doesn't work without accepting its absurdist premise and horrible situation and playing that up to its max.

I'm not making this appeal because I desperately want to play SS13 again. I could play it on any other server. Even here I doubt I'll run into much of the crowd I know. Marcotte, Rigel, Keplin, and most of the other familiar faces will probably be long gone. In 2014/2015 I sunk a lot of hours into this game, and not only do I not have that much time anymore but I am sure I just wouldn't enjoy my old playstyle except for nostalgia. I'd probably pick up roles with a purpose in mind when I do come around to get the most out of being in on it. But it would be nice to come back, and maybe I'd surprise myself in the addicting autism of this game.

For the record, I doubt jodokaden has any continuing interest in the game or in being unbanned. I'd be surprised if he has a forum account at all, either. /tg/ was always my thing more than anything.

References of good conduct: I have played on a few other servers, a bit of /vg/ in the aftermath of the ban, some colonial marines, I found out that the fallout servers were a complete letdown.... but nothing very much. I've invested a few hours in the UnityStation alpha/beta. Again, not enough to be widely recognized in the communities. So, N/A on this column.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [MrStonedOne] Cipher3 - Long time no siege

Post by MrStonedOne » #589421

Thank you for your through appeal, given the age of the ban and your apparent sincerity I see no harm in removing this ban.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: