[<Doctor Mayhem>] IGBA2.0 - I swear to god if you fuck me over after I budge like this

Appeals which have been closed.
IGBA2.0

[<Doctor Mayhem>] IGBA2.0 - I swear to god if you fuck me over after I budge like this

Post by IGBA2.0 » #589302

BYOND account: Igunbase
Character name: Shawn Sloan
Ban type: Server/RoleJob ban, temp server ban, several discord bans AND ALSO A PERMENANT BAN LMAO. I literally just opened the server to check and it's permenant, fucking monkeys.
Ban length: 2 weeks, 2 days, no clue, permenant
Ban reason: Can't figure out how to CTRL-C Byond so I'm typing it out, I'll attempt to do it word for word
"You seem quite literally incapable of dropping something when you are in the wrong. Play on another server and mellow out before you play here again"
Time ban was placed: 23:35:51 2021-02-3
Server you were playing on when banned: The EU one, can't remember the name off the top of my head
Round ID in which ban was placed: 155622
Your side of the story:

My ckey is Igunbase, you told me to make a forum post, so I'm making one. You have one chance to prove to me you're not monkeys using this forum as a vague veil of proffesionalism to just do whatever the fuck you wanted to do from the beggining anyway.

The crux of my issue is that I've been given not only a job ban, but several bans from discord and several bans from the server for insisting that the admins do their jobs. It is not reasonable for the admins to expect me to do their administrative work for them given that I have not broken any server rules or accepted any responsibility for doing the administration teams work for them.

However, it was implied to me that you guys don't use your forums as kangaroo courts and in respect of that ideal, I'll budge an inch for that show of good will.

What I feel is happening here is that I'm being expected to make a convincing and charasmatic argument to you for why I shouldn't have the rules of the server broken at my expense without administration getting involved. I feel the placement of responsibility on my shoulders to argue for why I should be protected by your server rules is some fucked shit. I know I'm abrassive, and I know people aren't rubbed the right way by me, I know if anything is going to be placed on a contest of charisma I'm going to come out on the losing end. It's absoloutely fucked that something as important as being protected by the rules of the server are reliant on me first succeeding at a contest of charisma in order to be protected by them. That should be the defualt, it shouldn't be something I have to fight for the privelage of.

The fact that I've received a job ban, a 24 hour ban from the server, been adminhelp muted several times, been banned from the discord several time, and am now banned from the server again all because I've refused to make this a test of my charisma (Which I know I'll lose because I refuse to kiss ass) is fucked up given that it never should have been a test of charisma to begin with.

I'll adress the initial situation that set this all off, it's in my opinion the least important part of this entire situation and the part I care the least about (I care much more about not having to fight the admins to do their jobs than I do about any speccific greytider memeing on me in game), but it is still important to adress.

I was playing captain at the time and an entirerly arbitrary and entirerly frivalous mutiny was pulled on me by a security officer (Not the HoS), becuase he was being arrested, to which the rest of security simply stood by and did nothing even as the captain was giving them direct orders to involve themselves.

This is against server rules. Mutiny cannot be done for zero reason, and not liking the fact he had been arrested, is close enough to zero reason. I feel it speaks to my point that in my adminhelp with Doctor Brutality, when I asked him to think of a single situation less arbitrary than the situation that was in front of us, he was not able to come up with an example for me.

When I adminhelped, hoping to get an admin to stop server rules from being broken at my expense, for whatever reason (I assume the reason was that they didn't find me charasmatic enough to want to help me) they decided to simply let the players continue to break server rules at my expense and when I inisisted that he do his job, he punished me for having the gall to do so.

Not only is refusing an instance to do your job when you have accepted a responsibility onto yourself to do your job fucked up, but then to go so far as to use the administrative privelages you only have because of that acceptance of responsibility to punish someone for insisting that you do your job is on a whole other level of fucked up.

Right, I writ my forum post. I understand that you feel I'm making a mountain out a molehill or that I'm throwing a tantrum of whatever, but the idea that an admin can arbitrarirly decide he doesn't want to help me becuase he doesn't like me is not something I am willing to accept and will continue to insist that Doctor Brutality does his fucking job until he gets the fuck over himself and does it.

Also as I'm reposting this it seems someone has taken it on themselves to give me a permaban for "not dropping something when I'm in the wrong" and the fact that they think they have a right to fuck me over and just expect me to drop it because they've taken the opinion onto themselves that I'm wrong (No shit you think I'm wrong, we wouldn't be having this conflict in the first place if you didn't you fucking mouth breather) is retardation of the highest order. You don't get to be the final arbiter on "being wrong" just because you've got a "ban spess men" button someone was dumb enough to give you access to.

Why you think you should be unbanned: See previous section
References of good conduct: Get fucked, I don't need to refference good conduct in order to EaRn ThE pRiVeLaGe of not getting fucked over by powertripping admins. That shit comes as a defualt.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [<Doctor Mayhem>] IGBA2.0 - I swear to god if you fuck me over after I budge like this

Post by bobbahbrown » #589308

the round on which the original incident took place was round 155540, during which you were playing as Shawn Sloan the captain. (src, statbus, scrubby)

if you wished to review your conversations with the administrators during that round, as well as those three rounds afterwards, you can view them on AtlantaNed's Statbus by logging in with your forum account.

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
IGBA2.0

Re: [<Doctor Mayhem>] IGBA2.0 - I swear to god if you fuck me over after I budge like this

Post by IGBA2.0 » #589309

Thank you strange bee creature
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #589312

I think this appeal is directed at me? I imagine you want the permaban appealed to and I did say to the headmin who placed it that I don't care if they ban you or not and you tried to mention my ckey as the banning admin so I'll go ahead and chime in alright... if you wanna talk about the permaban being appealed though you're gonna have to talk to naloac.
The crux of my issue is that I've been given not only a job ban, but several bans from discord and several bans from the server for insisting that the admins do their jobs. It is not reasonable for the admins to expect me to do their administrative work for them given that I have not broken any server rules or accepted any responsibility for doing the administration teams work for them.
Spoiler:
We should probably look why these bans are in place, shouldn't we. I'm gonna only skim over parts of this as context leading up to my interactions with you, because you dealt with 2 other admins before you reached me.
Basically on round 155534 what I can gather is you had an altercation with GamerAndYeahMick (here on out I will refer to them as mick) (john burgerman). You were the HoS and he was a security officer who arrested the HoP, long story short you ahelp when mick fought back and arrested you you opened an ahelp. Pretty standard stuff, the admin online (Tegun) marked it as an IC issue. In response you open a new ticket opening with "You're a fucking retard dude, deal with the obvious self antags", at which point another admin (naloac) marks THIS ticket as an IC issue.

The next round on Terry is round 155540, you have another run in with mick, he's security again but this time you are the captain. He executed a head revolutionary in armory, you didn't tell him not to, you gave no instructions to him on how to handle this situation, but you proceeded to tell the entirety of security to arrest mick for killing the last head revolutionary. Naturally this didn't go down well, security refused to back your acts and you got arrested and fullstripped by mick again and then ahelped about the situation. I don't wanna post the entirety of our ticket discussion as it would be huge and I don't want to copy paste it all but the highlight is definitely "I swear to god if you fucking "IC issue" this I will just hunt you down". I mark this ticket as IC, and Naloac had brought up that you were a bad head of staff player the round before. Clearly repeated behaviour and you seemed way, way, way too new to be playing as a head of staff, irrational and incompetent, so I placed a 2 week ban on head of staff roles as well as security roles. This is why your job ban was applied. At this point I had to go for IRL reasons, but not before muting you from ahelps because you kept spewing so much shit that a sewage pipe in a tsunami would have a hard time keeping up with you.

Next round you proceed to open another ticket, this time yelling at thunder12345, they told you to go to the forums but you seemed insistent on being paid for doing so. You've already been ahelp muted once, so ANOTHER admin (Domitius) stepped in and decided you should take a day off, that's how you got your first dayban.

You then came on discord with not one, but two accounts in an attempt to get my discord username to settle things that way. I think it should go without saying why you got a Discord ban for this, you knew where to go to appeal at this point but you still carried this kind of behaviour on, I would say I'm glad for once that my ckey is different to my discord username but I only get PMs from friends anyways.

So after your dayban ran out, instead of making an appeal you opened a couple tickets that total as 60 different messages. This time you hound ANOTHER admin (floranotten) who tell you the same things you already know (appeal on forums), at which point you try to persuade them into going rogue and unbanning you. lol. You asked to be paid for making a ban appeal again, thunder chimed in, I sent a single PM as well in the form of a fairly large paragraph telling you to stop harassing admins and to just make an appeal or you'll get another dayban. You continued to sperge so I applied another dayban. At this point naloac decided that a permaban was due, and that's how we got to where we are now, understand?
I was playing captain at the time and an entirerly arbitrary and entirerly frivalous mutiny was pulled on me by a security officer (Not the HoS), becuase he was being arrested, to which the rest of security simply stood by and did nothing even as the captain was giving them direct orders to involve themselves.

This is against server rules. Mutiny cannot be done for zero reason, and not liking the fact he had been arrested, is close enough to zero reason. I feel it speaks to my point that in my adminhelp with Doctor Brutality, when I asked him to think of a single situation less arbitrary than the situation that was in front of us, he was not able to come up with an example for me.
Wasn't arbitrary, you were a 3h captain 50h playtime comdom who tried to have a security officer arrested for killing a revhead. Clear red flags here are that none of security backed you up at all.
Not only is refusing an instance to do your job when you have accepted a responsibility onto yourself to do your job fucked up, but then to go so far as to use the administrative privelages you only have because of that acceptance of responsibility to punish someone for insisting that you do your job is on a whole other level of fucked up.
Am I refusing to admin? No. I think I handled this situation without any prevalent bias, I made a call of judgement that you were in the wrong and mick wasn't, based on your interactions with them in previous rounds, your interactions with other admins & your reason for wanting to arrest them. If you're gonna arrest a security officer for executing a headrev go ahead, but you should have the robustness to back it up, and not call for help from admins to ban other players when you don't get your way when you try to do something that is objectively pea-brained.
Right, I writ my forum post. I understand that you feel I'm making a mountain out a molehill or that I'm throwing a tantrum of whatever, but the idea that an admin can arbitrarirly decide he doesn't want to help me becuase he doesn't like me is not something I am willing to accept and will continue to insist that Doctor Brutality does his fucking job until he gets the fuck over himself and does it.
Please, this has nothing to do with me liking you or whatever. I only had to deal with you for one ticket prior to this event the day before, and I ruled that in your favour too and left it without any punishment on your end because I saw what you did was the right call. There is nothing arbitrary about it, you aren't a good head of staff and aren't willing to accept it or take some time to learn that there are other jobs to understand first, so I gave you a 2 week ban from some jobs I didn't think you were ready for. I'd like to think that I was actually extremely lenient with you, I can imagine other admins would straight up permaban you after saying to them that you would hunt them down if they mark a ticket as an IC issue...

This isn't the first server you've terrorized with your behaviour, jesus christ we aren't out to get you all things considered we were extremely welcoming of you and granted several chances for you to dial back and admit wrongdoing, or at least properly reflect on what happened. Instead you chose to be a shit flinging ape, and I will treat you as such. Appeal denied, and nothing NOTHING will change my mind on this now, you've proven yourself to be an awful human being.
IGBA2.0

Post by IGBA2.0 » #589316

Litereally none of this adresses the argument I've made, you've post like five whole paragraphs of nothing.

Why do you feel that you should be able to ban people in order to avoid doing your job?

You know mutiny is against the rules in that situation, I know mutiny is against the rules in that situation. Victim blaming me by saying I'm a "bad head of staff" changes fucking nothing, and literally no part of me insisting that you do your fucking job makes me a "awful human being".

Get the fuck over yourself. Do your fucking job.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #589322

You seem under the impression that admins get paid to do this. They are not.
IGBA2.0

Post by IGBA2.0 » #589323

I don't think they get paid to do this, but I do understand that by accepting the privelage of being able to ban people or enforce laws, they are also accepting the responsibility to not abuse that power and to not use it / or refuse to use it when they are responsible to do so arbitrarirly. It is becuase of this responsibility that I'm inisisting Doctor Mayhem do his fucking job.
IGBA2.0

Post by IGBA2.0 » #589328

Very based, very red pilled.

Good to see the "chatshitgetbanned" guy is also someone you guys have on your moderation team.

I can almost respect the fact that he's saying the quiet part out loud, you guys actually trying to defend your posistions like this exact vibe isn't the only reason I got banned is pathetic.
IGBA2.0

Post by IGBA2.0 » #589329

Also I've already gotten back onto the server, I'm not going anywhere and you have zero power to stop me from playing on this server short of shutting the entire thing down. I'm only writing this to try and gode you guys admitting to youtself that you're acting out of butthurt because you didn't like my attitude instead of out of any principalled motivation. I'm hoping that if you recognise your problem dealing with me, even if you're too far up your own ass to admit that you fucked up when the next guy comes along you'll treat your administrative responsibilities as a responsibility and not just a cludgeon.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #589330

IGBA2.0 wrote:Also I've already gotten back onto the server, I'm not going anywhere and you have zero power to stop me from playing on this server short of shutting the entire thing down. I'm only writing this to try and gode you guys admitting to youtself that you're acting out of butthurt because you didn't like my attitude instead of out of any principalled motivation. I'm hoping that if you recognise your problem dealing with me, even if you're too far up your own ass to admit that you fucked up when the next guy comes along you'll treat your administrative responsibilities as a responsibility and not just a cludgeon.
the fact you are quite literally incapable of ever admitting your wrong on multiple servers says more about you than anyone else you literal tunnel trog. This is denied due to your admission of evasion.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032