SmokeyCat
Byond Username: SmokeyCat

[TimberPoes] SmokeyCat - Permanent Ban

Post by SmokeyCat » #590218

BYOND account: SmokeyCat
Character name: Invisible Man
Ban Type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As non-antag, set the AI to TYRANT and then uploaded a law that they themselves were bad, broke into armory and destroyed armsky, broke into warden`s locker and stole Krav Maga gloves, shot multiple people and things across the station with an ebow, used emotes as a mime to bypass vow of silence and to use OCK communications while IC. Finally, when ahelping after a purged cyborg subsequently killed them they claimed complete innocence until their recent ban history was brought up. At the time of banning, they have 6 server bans in 3 months and have just gotten off a ban that ended yesterday.They have been advised to appeal on the forums if they want to try and justify why we should keep them griefing our servers.
Time ban was placed: 2020-11-16
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID:150417
Your side of story: Well, I wasn`t really thinking of what I was doing, or how it was ruining other people`s fun. I had become bored out of my mind and were acting selfishly. I knew I had to take a break to reconsider my actions and think of having fun other ways, without ruining the game for everyone. And I regret that I stayed and continued to be a shitter, which lead to this ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned:After taking a long break I`ve realized the mistake I`ve made and I`m deeply sorry for all the trouble I caused.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [TimberPoes] SmokeyCat - Permanent Ban

Post by Timberpoes » #590224

A short and sweet appeal.

You have shown the following:
Some level of understanding that your actions negatively impacted the game experience of other players.
Some level of introspection and have taken steps to explain why your behaviour was bad and what you have set out to do to improve it.
Some level of remorse, apologising for your actions.

I appreciate you taking the time to think about your behaviour before appealing. Your appeal seems both sincere and genuine, you have ticked three major boxes that I personally look for in a player looking to return to our servers following a permanent ban.

I will be lifting your ban. You should now be able to play on all of tg's game servers. I hope your time off has served you well and that you return to our servers refreshed and happy!
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin