Joolace
Byond Username: Joolace

[<Sylphet>] Bussy Buster - New player Huge mistake

Post by Joolace » #591564

BYOND account: Joolace
Character name: Bussy Buster
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: You have been banned by Sylphet from the server.
Reason: Acted malf as nonantag AI, venting medical killing around 10 people and shocking doors. Failed to respond to bwoinks. Explain on the forums.
This ban is permanent. The round ID is 156679.
To appeal this ban go to https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=7
Time ban was placed: 3:35 AM CST
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil (I think)
Round ID in which ban was placed: 156679
Your side of the story: I've been playing this game for about a week and a half now and I am still learning how to play, I was acting antag as a nonantag AI, but I literally did not know that AI weren't antags. I knew I had the option to play as antag turned on mid round and I thought that was just another one of those events. After I became AI I actually said in the OOC chat 'I dont know how to antag AI', and nobody told me that I was not an antag role. I did get some kind of server message from the moderator Sylphet, however I didn't notice it in the chat until it was too late, I had vented the hell out of medbay and electrocuted doors with extreme prejudice while thinking to myself, "man being an antag AI is OP" like a fool.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I do think it was fair that I was banned for not knowing the rules as much as necessary, but I don't think that warrants a permaban :c
References of good conduct: I have had a couple people that I've played in that server that know I'm new and try to help me out, Quiet,Lars Bars, Domo Arigato, are all suitable references
Anything else we should know: I've never been banned from any RP games that I play, but SS13 is a pretty hard game to figure out I hope you guys understand where im coming from.
This is the first SS13 server I started playing on and I would lose some good buddies that I play with pretty consistently since I picked this game up.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Re: [<Sylphet>] Bussy Buster - New player Huge mistake

Post by Sylphet » #591572

Usually we give permabans to get people to explain themselves on the forums when they don't answer messages from admins. This is just one of those.

You did kill a lot of people, disrupting the round and causing the shuttle to be called as a non antagonist. However I understand that you're new, and I'm going to be taking that into consideration.
In future you should understand that AI is not usually an antagonist role. If you're unsure if you're an antagonist, press f1 in game and an admin will tell you. You should also respond to messages from admins, especially since new accounts killing people and ignoring messages is common from people only here to cause problems.

I'm going to be reducing this to a one day ban. In this time, please read our server rules found here : https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Main ... thing_else and avoid doing this kind of thing in future.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [<Sylphet>] Bussy Buster - New player Huge mistake

Post by Cobby » #591592

Can you change your name as well, bussy buster made me lol.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current