[Wesoda25] BallastMonsterGnarGnar - Possibly a Misunderstanding?

Appeals which have been closed.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

[Wesoda25] BallastMonsterGnarGnar - Possibly a Misunderstanding?

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #592347

BYOND account: BallastMonsterGnarGnar
Character name: Jonathan Gupta
Ban type: Beat someone into crit
Ban length: 3 days
Ban reason: Reason Attached
Time ban was placed: 2021-02-21 21:52:17
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 156866
Your side of the story: I wanna start by first saying sorry if im bad at using my words i have a hard time finding words for things, I came up to the clown and they shoved me and kicked me i escalated the situation by taking their ears and tail and after that they kept coming back and back it shows in logs i beat them with the baton stick but it only does stamina damage and not real damage unless you right click, after 5-6 times of them coming and trying to kill me i just had enough and beat them into crit I wasn't going to deal with it the whole round,
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think the ban was a misunderstanding because I gave them multiple chances to stop though i do understand the aspect of revenge I wasn't dealing with it anymore, i crit them but not killed them, I told the admeme this but it seems they were not having this.
Anything else we should know: The first time they came back they came back with a chair which immediately sounds like fighting, they tried to open medbay though they did say im not trying to fight i did not believe them, the second time it was after for the ears she lost i gave the ears back to helen and let her do to surgery after it was done they tried to shove me i stamina crit them then made them get out of medical, next time is where it went to the killing right before the ban she explosive lanced me helen got me back up and repaired the hole and i got banned right after.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (9.43 KiB) Viewed 930 times
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: [Wesoda25] BallastMonsterGnarGnar - Possibly a Misunderstanding?

Post by wesoda25 » #592568

Unfortunately there was no misunderstanding.

You literally told me in ahelps that you removed their organs "just for the fun of it". This resulted in the player being deaf for a long period of time, which easily falls under rule 1. When they came back to medbay, you started stunning and attacking them, but they said they were just there to get their things back and didn't attack you. Finally they come back and try and attack you and you crit them.

You don't exactly have a great history with escalation, and you also have a 5 day ban for harassing felinids, which is why the ban length is longer here than it would have been as an isolated incident.

As I said in ahelps and the ban reason, you will be expected to act with greater regard for other players rounds and fun in the future.