[Gel] Sal Collins - Permaban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
coolpat74

[Gel] Sal Collins - Permaban Appeal

Post by coolpat74 » #67455

[Gel] Sal Collins
^Banning Admin and then my character's name. The instructions were kinda vague on who "player name" is.

Byond Account: coolpat74
Character Name: Sal Collins
Ban Type: Server
Ban Length: Permanent
Ban Reason: Bombing station as non-antag
Time of Ban: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 4:39 PM (US Central Time)

My Side of the Story: *Copy and pasted from https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ins#p22421 --> The initial ban post

Hey guys, this is Sal Collins. I just tried to log into the game and found out that I had been banned for some reason. I've been out of town for the last month or so to different places, so I haven't had time to play. The only time I remember logging on was back at my cousins' house (Not sure exactly when). One is 12 and the other is 13 I think. I only see them once a year and had been telling them cool stories about the game, so they wanted to see it. I logged on in the middle of a round and showed them a few things and then handed it off to them with the guide wiki up when the next round started, while I went help get stuff ready for dinner (Store, cooking, back to store for things they forgot, etc.). Next time I saw them, they were watching TV, so I figured they just got bored of the 2D space men because the stories can make it sound a heck of a lot cooler than it looks.

I can't prove anything obviously, and I know I've got a ban log for a few silly things like yelling out "absorbing captain" when I got ready to turn in for the night... Now that I think about it, there may have also been a self defense bombing I was temp job-banned for from science a while back too. I don't remember if that was on TG or not, but the only time I tried (and failed) to shuttle bomb was as antag... Damn you clown mech. Anyway, Thanks for reading this at least, and I understand if you uphold the ban. I know you guys are pretty strict around here with things like that. See ya later or nice knowing you guys :/

Why I think I should be unbanned:

I started playing on this server in fall of 2010 when my friends showed it to me. I think it's the best server in terms of how it balances speed of the game and actually trying to stay in your character (usually) that I've seen. Also, the admins have always been helpful and responsive from what I've seen, and I've missed playing here.

Again, I can't prove it because it was my account, my computer (IP), etc., but I wasn't even the one that did the thing that got me banned. I think that my record of following the rules (mostly... well I didn't do anything drastic) for over three years prior to the ban should earn me at least a second, probationary chance. I would also like to add that I've been banned for almost an entire year at this point, which should count for something. You guys have rules for good reasons, I know, and if you didn't enforce them, the server would just be full of interweb trolls, so I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the admin gods for a second chance to play here with y'all.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Re: [Gel] Sal Collins - Permaban Appeal

Post by Ahammer18 » #67475

I'll direct Thegel to this, but the actual ban reason is as follows:

Using multiple bombs on the station as a non antag towards the end of the round, please explain yourself on the ban request thread against you. http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=20
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Gel
Byond Username: TheGel

Re: [Gel] Sal Collins - Permaban Appeal

Post by Gel » #67477

I'll lift this considering how long it has been. Be much more careful with your bombs and we won't have any problems.