tirenal
Byond Username: Tirenal

SpookBoogi | Tirenal

Post by tirenal » #595415

BYOND account: BYOND account
Character name: Stop Jahir
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 2 days
Ban reason: https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Time ban was placed: 9:30ish
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 158173
Your side of the story: I robbed a sec officer who was talking shit to me then robbed the captain who was arresting some random guy for killing a traitor.
Why you think you should be unbanned: SpookBoogi said it was against the rules to tide sec/command. I looked in the rules and couldn't find anything that said "You cant tide sec/command" or anything like it. " There is one under excessive tiding I wouldn't consider two rounds of tiding to be excessive compared to what I've seen some people do. If I am mistaken please tell me I can't find anything on it on the page.
SpookiBoogie
Byond Username: SpookiBoogi

Re: SpookBoogi | Tirenal

Post by SpookiBoogie » #595416

First off, thanks for taking the time to make an appeal. Hopefully we can both use this as an opportunity to learn a thing or two!

The ruling in question that lead to this ban was rule one precedent four, which is as follows.
Unprovoked grief (occasionally known as greytiding), repeated cases of minor unprovoked grief, and unprovoked grief targeted towards specific players or groups (i.e. metagrudging) fall under rule 1.
Roundstart robbing sec and command as a non-antagonist is nothing short of unprovoked grief, even if they were talking shit to you. If you felt what the officer was saying was crossing the line you should ahelp. Additionally you had attempted the same behavior the shift prior by trying to rob the head of security, however you ended up dead that time. I'm not sure where you saw in the rules that you had to be continually griefing in order for it the be a rule break, but that is only the case in minor cases of unprovoked grief.

As such I will not be altering this ban in any way. As always the other admins are more than welcome to step in.