Byond Username: Mirino

"Gamer Talk" note appeal

Post by Samuel Hayden » #596462

BYOND account: Mirino
Character name: Samuel Hayden
Noting adming: Deathril
Ban type: Note, low severity
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Warned - OOC term's and language in IC. Especially keep it off of Manuel. Understand's to make the distinction
Time ban was placed: 2020-09-08 02:06:27
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Your side of the story: I yelled "GAMER" as an RD when someone made a maxpoint bomb. It's quite common now.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly, it just kinda peeves me off having this note when I see many others with "less than RP" vocabulary like "sus, amogus, gaming, etc". If the note can't be lifted I'm 100% fine with it, just taking my shot.

Anything else we should know: Don't know what to put here, so I'll just say that I'm kinda anal about these things, but again, if "we can't remove this note because it happens more now", or "too much of a hassle, you shouldn't bother with this" is your answer, I'm completely fine with that.
Last edited by Samuel Hayden on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Re: "Gamer Talk" note appeal

Post by Sylphet » #596463

Noting admin is Dreathtil, please edit that into your thread title. I also want to add that people ignoring a rule doesn't mean that the rule doesn't exist.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Dreathtil
Byond Username: Dreathtil

Post by Dreathtil » #596470

Glad to see you took the time to appeal this

For the Record. That Round, what you said was POG, as in PogChamp which is considerably more OOC then Gamer is.

Here is links to the public logs available for the round
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/man ... nd-145874/
[2020-09-08 01:52:14.785] SAY: 01:52:14.785] SAY: Mirino/(Samuel Hayden) "POG" (Custodial Closet (137,180,2))
Additionally the Ahelp in question

This note is like 7 months old now and with your pretty good looking history. I'm willing to edit it for a little bit more clarity (and edit it's severity down to basically nothing) But not going to outright get rid of it
Kirb and Cat posting is the default
Samuel Hayden

Post by Samuel Hayden » #596497

Initial post edited as per Sylpeht`s request.

@Deathril: You know what man? Sweet, I'll take it! Thank you for taking the time to answer me, and sorry for the inconsistency in the appeal, it's been a while and the memory is spotty. I'm satisfied with the outcome, so just feel free to lock/delete the thread of whatever you think is necessary! :D

Thanks again!
Dreathtil
Byond Username: Dreathtil

Post by Dreathtil » #596530

Alrighty here's the new and more clarified note with linkage to this appeal. But I won't lock and move this for a short while to allow for you to see and give any input regarding the edit but I feel its much much more clear now.

Old Note: Warned - OOC term's and language in IC. Especially keep it off of Manuel. Understand's to make the distinction

New Note: Warned - After saying POG IC. Discussed OOC term's and language in IC. Especially to avoid it on Manuel. Understand's to make the distinction. Edited following Appeal https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28844
Kirb and Cat posting is the default
Samuel Hayden

Post by Samuel Hayden » #596696

Yup! Thank you for making the change, the diminished level of severity is more than enough!