[Ausops] - Tornadium - Server Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

[Ausops] - Tornadium - Server Ban Appeal

Post by Tornadium » #597198

b]BYOND account:[/b] Tornadium
Character name: Unknown (Was 5 years ago)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: (MANUAL BAN) Failing terms of HG's probation. hornygranny MEGA PROBATION: If he does ANYTHING wrong throw him out. This extends to being a pain in the ass outside of the game." Notes by Krusvik and Okand as well as recent forum behaviour indicates little has changed.
Time ban was placed: 2016-03-21 21:14:01
Server you were playing on when banned: Wasn't playing at the time I don't believe, Was placed after Ausops took offense to something posted on the forums. (Ban reason had Sybil included so may have been the last server I was playing on before it was placed).
Round ID in which ban was placed: Unknown
Your side of the story: At this point, I honestly can't remember the full circumstances. Lots of OOC hostility between me and the banning admin (Ausops who was part of my Eve Corp "Sniggerdly) among other admins who had to deal with the escalating situations at the time, Lots of incredibly poor decision making and forum behaviour on my part. There were a lot of bans, A lot of successful appeals and I honestly cannot give you a full rundown of it all because I've forgotten most of it. The ban information should have more detail (You might need to lookup the full ban logs).
Why you think you should be unbanned: The ban was placed around 5 years ago I believe, I've occasionally played on other servers in that time (Mostly CM SS13) and never had any issue. I would like the chance to play on the server again, Happy to be on probation or whatever is required for as long as anyone feels is needed.
References of good conduct: Mostly CM SS13 every so often, I haven't been playing much if any BYOND content in the last 3 years especially.

Edit : Included ban reason kindly provided by Cimika.
Last edited by Tornadium on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Re: [Ausops] - Tornadium - Server Ban Appeal

Post by Cimika » #597200

Hey, the ban reason was :
(MANUAL BAN) Failing terms of HG's probation. "2016-03-21 21:14:01 | Sybil | hornygranny MEGA PROBATION: If he does ANYTHING wrong throw him out. This extends to being a pain in the ass outside of the game." Notes by Krusvik and Okand as well as recent forum behaviour indicates little has changed.
By Ausops, 2016-07-09.

Link to the previous appeals : See Bobbah's post a bit lower.
Last edited by Cimika on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #597202

Cimika wrote:Hey, the ban reason was :
(MANUAL BAN) Failing terms of HG's probation. "2016-03-21 21:14:01 | Sybil | hornygranny MEGA PROBATION: If he does ANYTHING wrong throw him out. This extends to being a pain in the ass outside of the game." Notes by Krusvik and Okand as well as recent forum behaviour indicates little has changed.
By Ausops, 2016-07-09.
Much appreciated!

Editing the main post now with the full ban reason.

Thank you
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #597206

bit of a trip through history with this one!

previous appeals:
[Ausops] - Deciding I failed probation | July 9, 2016
[Ausops] - Need more information V2 | July 21, 2016
[Headmins] - Tornadium - Still no idea | Oct 21, 2016
[Ausops] - Tornadium - Permanent Pan | Jul 28, 2018
[Ausops] - Tornadium - Worst Fleet Commander Eve In History | Jan 1, 2019
[Multiple] Tornadium - Appeal | Aug 16, 2019

crusin' the archives,
bobbah 'bee' brown
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #597253

Spoiler:
Looks like ausops isn't an admin anymore, so I'll take this.

I admittedly don't remember much about your tenure back in 2015. I wasn't an admin then, so it's not something I'd know too much about. Your notes read like the main issue was your attitude towards the admin team and less so your actual behavior. I don't personally give a shit about your history in EVE (since I haven't played in years) and your behavior in-game isn't anything I'd really sneeze at after five years.

Can you get a vouch from someone at CM? I'd be willing to entertain the idea of unbanning you on the premise that if you act like an asshole to an admin you're gone again.
E: Headmins want it, they can have it. Original contents saved as spoiler.
Last edited by Vekter on Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #597257

Id prefer the headmins take this, and I'd ask you provide a vouch of some kind for us to consider unbanning you.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #597280

I probably don't play enough on any server (I would mostly play on CM but even then it's maybe 3-4 times a week at the moment) for anyone to even know who I am let alone provide a vouch unfortunately.

I also don't have enough free time to dedicate to playing more just to generate enough playtime for a vouch either sadly. I don't think I've even been bwoinked on any server in the last 3 years, Last time was when I got an CM MP Job Ban a good while back for going AFK at the start of the round (Real life emergency) which was promptly lifted.

If a condition of returning is a vouch then you should probably close the appeal. No hard feelings on that, I just wouldn't be able to fulfil that requirement with the amount of spare time to play that I have right now.

Appreciate the consideration though.

Edit : I'm totally open to any kind of restrictions, behaviour probations or requirements that could be a possible alternative if there is anything else that would be suitable.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #597506

A reminder that a voucher doesn't need to be someone that knows you or likes you.

As long as it's someone in a position of trust from a server you played on and they can chime in and say "Yup this guy hasn't had any notable misconduct history nor any warning/note/ban for the last 'x amount of time'", they should be a good voucher already.

Of course, in the end it's your job to convince someone to vouch for you, but it's not really that rare of an occurrence for admins/mods to vouch for others in appeals. After all, the vouching should be objective and based on factual information.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #597509

Agux909 wrote:A reminder that a voucher doesn't need to be someone that knows you or likes you.

As long as it's someone in a position of trust from a server you played on and they can chime in and say "Yup this guy hasn't had any notable misconduct history nor any warning/note/ban for the last 'x amount of time'", they should be a good voucher already.

Of course, in the end it's your job to convince someone to vouch for you, but it's not really that rare of an occurrence for admins/mods to vouch for others in appeals. After all, the vouching should be objective and based on factual information.
I believe last time I appealed my playtime on CM wasn't sufficient for the TG Headmins at the time for that vouch to mean anything though they did reach out to the CM admins who verified I had no issues on the server.

It's fine honestly, If a vouch is the only thing that will be sufficient I honestly will not have the required time to sink into CM just to generate that vouch from a staff member. I would only play a few times a week casually with my current work/travel schedule, I'm more than happy to roll with any restrictions, terms or requirements that could serve as an alternative but if not then absolutely no hard feelings.

My behaviour previously was horrible so I can understand where the Headmins are coming from.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #597648

3 times a week over several years should be plenty of time to see how you play, if they want more before vouching for you that’s between you and them (not like we hold them to anything lol). Basically we just want a loose summary of playtime and how much of that playtime is giving people (including admins) grief.

It was mentioned the voucher is to CONSIDER unbanning you, so if you aren’t interested in asking for one let us know so we can resolve this.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #597772

Cobby wrote:3 times a week over several years should be plenty of time to see how you play, if they want more before vouching for you that’s between you and them (not like we hold them to anything lol). Basically we just want a loose summary of playtime and how much of that playtime is giving people (including admins) grief.

It was mentioned the voucher is to CONSIDER unbanning you, so if you aren’t interested in asking for one let us know so we can resolve this.
Sorry been super busy with work, Completely forgot to check it.

3 Times a week is what I would play right now, There were times where I didn't touch BYOND for months at a time so really there isn't enough playtime to make anyone vouching for my behaviour credible.

You can resolve it if there is no other alternate arrangement on the cards. I greatly appreciate the consideration and no hard feelings.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #597879

I'll move this to resolved tomorrow then, come back with that vouch and we'll consider an unban.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #597901

You know buddy you could just ask them if they've got enough playtime on you instead of just assuming you don't