BYOND account: Mey39
Character name: None
Ban type: TG wide and discord
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Doxxing a member of the community"
Time ban was placed: 2020/11/03 11:09:40
Server you were playing on when banned: None
Round ID in which ban was placed: 149596
Your side of the story: Once upon a time I was very good friends with someone who plays on TG. Our characters dated in the game, and it was all well and cute. At some point, they revealed to me outside of the game their age, and that their age violates a certain rule that TG has. This very quickly ended our in-game relationship, as well as any out of game friendship we could have had. A little while later, someone in the Manuel discord asked what happened between us, I told them exactly what happened, and in revealing their age I was permabanned for doxxing
Why you think you should be unbanned: 5 months later lets try again. I cant help but feel like a permanent ban forever is an incredibly extreme reaction to the level of "doxxing" that happened. This is something I expressed at the time and that I still feel. This feels the same as punishing someone for stealing a candy bar in the same way you would punish someone who robbed a bank. I feel as though I have served my time for the rule that I have broken, and that it is time to be able to rejoin TG station. In addition, by this time I believe the doxxing information itself isnt even accurate.

References of good conduct: I have spent a rather significant amount of time on Beestation since, primarily their discord. Im friends with a good amount of the regular players and admins there, and have never once broken any rules or been muted/kicked/banned.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: [CoconutWarrior97] Mey39 - Permabanned for doxxing

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #597303

Full stop the doxxing was a big deal, and is not somehow a more minor form of it. Though with something as serious as doxxing I have no intention of ever lifting this ban.

Also for permabans you can appeal only once a year has passed, so I'll just lock this.