Livrah
Byond Username: Livrah

[thunder12345] Livrah - Teamantags permaban

Post by Livrah » #601082

BYOND account: Livrah
Character name: Boris Mahnov
Ban type: Teamantags
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blood Brother, Cultist, Hivemind Host, Internal Affairs Agent, Monkey, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Head Revolutionary permanently - As a cultist, converted the janitor, who proceeded to shittalk them. Used this as justification to hulk punch the janitor seven times, reducing them from near full health to near crit, giving them a dislocated joint, and doing nothing to heal them afterwards. This precipitated their critting and subsequent death due to suffocation shortly afterwards. In PMs, seemed incapable of understanding why this was not an appropriate response. At present you seem to be unsuited for playing team antagonists, and I feel it is in the best interests of the playerbase to prevent you from doing so. Please appeal this on the forums when you think you can play team antags without being a net detriment to your teammates.
Time ban was placed: 2021-05-21 18:18:41
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 162660
Your side of the story: Reopening this because I couldnt see 2nd note for this ban. New converted janni keep his salty shittalk and got punched into red health (not crit). When I left to another Z level he was on his feet at the cult base.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Ban for a day was clear, but permaban for 1 unintended death doesn't seem right and I want to hear headmins opinion.
References of good conduct: I have no other teamantag notes besides deathsquad medbeam incident.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [thunder12345] Livrah - Teamantags permaban

Post by Thunder11 » #601086

Have you yet realised the connection between you beating your teammate almost into crit and his death shortly after? We don’t ask much of team antags, but we do ask you not to fuck over your own teammates. Your actions precipitated the newly converted janitor's death, because you got mad at a single line of relatively minor shittalk.

I asked you to appeal this team antag ban when you could play team antags without being a detriment to your team, nothing in your post here suggests you’ve learned any more than when we first discussed this incident in PMs.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #601113

For the record, Livrah's definition of "shittalk" is very broad.

This is everything the Janitor said between being converted and being almost crit.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Livrah

Post by Livrah » #601137

I'm not trying to justify attacking a teammate here. I overreacted and 1-day-server-ban part is understandable. I appealing a permaban and 2nd note.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #601141

Livrah wrote:I'm not trying to justify attacking a teammate here. I overreacted and 1-day-server-ban part is understandable. I appealing a permaban and 2nd note.
In the original PMs, in the last appeal, in this appeal, in all of them you've most certainly tried to justify attacking a teammate. Over them calling the cult bad. I'm not asking very much of you here, just for you to understand why this kind of behaviour is detrimental to your team. I will lift this when you can demonstrate that understanding, and not before.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Livrah

Post by Livrah » #601142

Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #601426

While attacking your teammate as a cultist for a very poor IC reason is a serious issue, and attempting to downplay or deflect from your actions in the ticket is a poor attitude to have, a permaban is not warranted here. While a dayban and antag ban are both justified, the duration is too long. A week antag ban would have been more appopriate given you don't really have a note history for poor behaviour as a team antag. As such, we are overturning this ban.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Accept appeal.
Naloac: Accept appeal.
Jimmius: Accept appeal.