Appeals which have been closed.
Blurbo
Byond Username: Blurbo

Blurbo#2064 [Discord]

Post by Blurbo » #601116

Discord username: Blurbo#2064
Ban reason: Breaking the "don't be an asshole" rule and TOS
Time ban was placed: About a week ago
Your side of the story: I was in an argument that got way too heated, i'll try my best not to MALD this much regardless of circumstances or whether i get unbanned or not
Why you think you should be unbanned: The TG discord is the only server i'm active in and some people seem to miss me
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Blurbo#2064 [Discord]

Post by Vekter » #601124

Banning admin is NamelessFairy, ban reason is "While in a heated argument brought up traumatic past experiences of another user and said that they hoped they were shot."

I've pinged them on Discord.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #601125

I actually raised this to a perma discord ban when I saw it, so I'll get to this soon.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #601134

I'm going to post screenshots of the argument, please let me know if I missed anything.
Spoiler:
The argument started with CrudeWax posting this in #politics-containment:
(I won't post discord message links for the next screenshots, you can use the search function to find those posts easily.)
https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 7079905321

CrudeWax
Byond Username: CrudeWax

Post by CrudeWax » #601135

I am the person in question, the one personally attacked by blurbo

TL;DR blurbo brought up experiences of sexual abuse I spilled sometime in the past. He did it over a heated online argument not related to that, which I was incredibly stunned anyone would do.

While I agree with fairy, who explained to me that "If we allow this, it will be repeated, we need to show our stance" I never advocated for blurbo to be banned. So if blurbo really regrets what he did and understood his mistake I am fully okay with letting him back, because his slip didn't affect me that deeply.
I genuinely hope this was a one-time blunder and if you learned from this then welcome back. That said, the way you worded this as "mald" and didn't admit to anything seems like you didn't.

EDIT: I also recognize that the "You'll die alone and unloved with such attitudes" comment is quite mean and I later apologized for it to both blurbo and moderators. I originally did not intent on being serious about it, I just made it as a comment on blurbo's reaction to the woman's feelings.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #601168

You have a previous warning for this exact kind of behavior,
1 point warning 816774923787173891 issued by CoconutMage#8333 for Knowingly used "halfies" in reference to a black member of the community. Regardless of your opinion of someone, or how heated you are, this is not acceptable. Has stated they will refrain from doing this in the future.
I'm not really confident in your ability to refrain from doing this in the future considering last time you stated you'd refrain from doing these sort of things when discussions get heated. Your appeal doesn't inspire much confidence in me either since
i'll try my best not to MALD
doesn't exactly strike me as apologetic for bringing up someone's past of sexual abuse as some kind of "gotcha". I'm going to be denying this appeal, you may make another one in a years time.