[Neerti?] Notaspider - It's been years I have no idea.

Appeals which have been closed.
Aspider
Byond Username: Notaspider

[Neerti?] Notaspider - It's been years I have no idea.

Post by Aspider » #601180

BYOND account: Notaspider
Character name: It's been almost eight years since the first ban, I don't remember.
Ban type: Antagonist
Ban length: Permeant
Ban reason: It's not under my notes tab. That long ago. That being said, I lost the password for the account that was banned. Logged on two years later, and got the ban applied to this account. It's been so long I've deadass forgotten what the first account was called. Though it probably has a forum link?
Time ban was placed: 2013? 2014?
Server you were playing on when banned: Uhhh, I think this was when Basil was still around. Back when Scardey was hosting.
Your side of the story: I was banned from being an antag because, from what I remember. I did nothing with the roles I was given and essentially fucked off into a corner for most of the round.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been over five years. I think I'm over whatever bullshit I was on.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Neerti?] Notaspider - It's been years I have no idea.

Post by Timberpoes » #601183

You're perma Syndicate banned on notaspider, this ban was mirrored from ckey fuzzeldorf, fuzzeldorf is currently server permabanned with a link to buttmcgat and buttmcgat is currently server permabanned with no indication that this perma has been removed on your account or any of your alts.

Current account's ban is a mirror of an antag ban from another ckey fuzzeldorf:
Perma Syndicate ban 2014-06-25 18:38:38 by hotelbravolima on ckey notaspider
hotelbravolima wrote:ERPing as an antagonist instead of antagonizing. Don't queue as antag if you intend not to antagonize. Appeal in the forums when you believe you can use your antagonist status appropriately. Ban originally applied by Pandarsenic, mirrored from Fuzzeldorf's account.
This is the original ban on fuzzeldorf
Perma Syndicate ban 2014-05-26 03:14:29 by pandarsenic on ckey fuzzeldorf
pandarsenic wrote:ERPing as an antagonist instead of antagonizing. Don't queue as antag if you intend not to antagonize. Appeal in the forums when you believe you can use your antagonist status appropriately.
However, fuzzeldorf is currently perma server banned:
Perma server ban 2015-07-14 12:34:23 by niknakflak on ckey fuzzeldorf
niknakflak wrote:(MANUAL BAN) Alt of buttmcgat. Ignored me when talked about evading a syndicate ban and notes. Appeal on the forums (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID)
And similarly, buttmcgat is currently perma server banned:
Perma server ban 2015-07-14 00:00:00 by niknakflak on ckey buttmcgat
niknakflak wrote:Permanently banned - When questioned about their alt accounts and such by me, pretty much ignored me and then logged out. I don't take kindly to this. Appeal on the forums.
I have pinged the admin channels and asked niknakflak and the headmins to look into this in more detail. If you've successfully appealed the server permaban that related to buttmcgat or fuzzeldorf in the past on some other ckey, let us know as well. Any additional details you can give to shed light on this matter will be helpful.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Aspider

Post by Aspider » #601184

Timberpoes wrote:You're perma Syndicate banned on notaspider, this ban was mirrored from ckey fuzzeldorf, fuzzeldorf is currently server permabanned with a link to buttmcgat and buttmcgat is currently server permabanned with no indication that this perma has been removed on your account or any of your alts.
Oh shit. Didn't know it was a server Perma.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #601192

Aspider wrote:
Timberpoes wrote:You're perma Syndicate banned on notaspider, this ban was mirrored from ckey fuzzeldorf, fuzzeldorf is currently server permabanned with a link to buttmcgat and buttmcgat is currently server permabanned with no indication that this perma has been removed on your account or any of your alts.
Oh shit. Didn't know it was a server Perma.
We'll sort through the mess. Niknakflak who did your original server permaban on buttmcgat/fuzzeldorf is aware of it and still around on the admin team.

My suggestion would be to open up a fresh appeal for that ban.

The details of it as are follows:

Banning admin for your thread title: niknakflak

Code: Select all

[b]BYOND account:[/b] buttmcgat/fuzzeldorf 
[b]Character name:[/b] Unknown
[b]Ban type:[/b] Server
[b]Ban length:[/b] Permanent
[b]Ban reason:[/b] Permanently banned - When questioned about their alt accounts and such by me, pretty much ignored me and then logged out. I don't take kindly to this. Appeal on the forums.
[b]Time ban was placed:[/b] 2015-07-14
[b]Server you were playing on when banned:[/b] Unknown
[b]Your side of the story:[/b]
[b]Why you think you should be unbanned:[/b]
If that appeal is successful, we'll take a look at your antag ban afterwards.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Aspider

Post by Aspider » #601193

Timberpoes wrote:
I'll wait until this is closed, yeah
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #601205

Aspider wrote:
Timberpoes wrote:
I'll wait until this is closed, yeah
Sorry, I think I may have miscommunicated.

What I meant to say is - Make another appeal for your server permaban first, niknakflak will then handle that one since he's still on the admin team and he's the one who originally placed it.

If >that< appeal is successful, chances are we'll remove your Syndicate ban as well - I can't on the face of things see why the antag ban should remain if your server permaban is lifted.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #601245

I went ahead and lifted the syndicate ban as well. See: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 44#p601244
It's an old pandarsenic ban, for a situation that can't even happen anymore since ERP is banned.

Thank you Timberpoes for bringing this all to my attention and the insight/additional help you provided to the appeal.