UnsayingWalnut
Byond Username: UnsayingWalnut

[brotherbeyond] unsayingwalnut MetaComms

Post by UnsayingWalnut » #601856

b]BYOND account:[/b] unsayingwalnut
Character name: Randall Williams
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Metacomms with CheezyGreezy. Left impressively fast when bwoinked. Explain yourself on the forums.
Time ban was placed: 2021-06-02 03:42:36
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 163341

Your side of the story: once the station had already starting going crazy, my friend and I decided to play around on lavaland and tag some graffiti like "metafriends rule" and stuff like that; I gave him a voucher for a mining conscription kit and our eventual plan was to get guitars and go back to the station to perform as a musical act called "The Metafriends", but my friend set himself on fire on the way back from his bluespace capsule and I went to try and save him. When I was bwoinked I just logged immediately and told my friend to do the same because we had been caught red-handed so it's not like we could even talk our way out of anything, I figured whatever was going to happen was going to happen.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Normally, I just do my job and follow the rules when I'm playing, but my friend and I hadn't played in a while, so we decided to have a laugh. We weren't using metacomms to bother anyone else or ruin their round (because that defeats the whole point of ss13's gameplay) we were just goofing around.
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Re: [brotherbeyond] unsayingwalnut MetaComms

Post by BrotherBeyond » #601873

Hiya! Thanks for appealing.

I'll start off by saying that this ban will be reduced to three weeks and the appeal will be accepted. Do not do anything similar else it's unlikely you'll be able to appeal in such a short time.

I had bwoinked you and within a couple seconds of that you had alt f4'd. You also have about 100 hours on TGstation so you definitely know that metacomms are against the rules. However, I'm willing to reduce the ban to three weeks (one week more than your buddy, since you were the person I had bwoinked and you did actively leave midbwoink).

Please follow the rules in the future and @ me on discord if you are not unbanned after three weeks (give or take an hour from this time) from now.