Appeals which have been closed.
TheGayRhinoceros

[Jaredfogle]TheGayRhinoceros

Post by TheGayRhinoceros » #607601

Account name: TheGayRhinoceros
In game name: Homes Hippo
Ban Type: perma all TG/ servers
Ban length: Perma
Ban reason: Ban baiting. Ahelped a security officer that executed him for "no reason", and only mentioned trying to get into the teleporter room and setting a vent to siphon. When looking through logs, had a flamethrower and told the security officer several times that he would kill him. Has prior history for lying in ahelps. This behavior is not acceptable.
Time of ban: 2021-07-17
Server banned on: Sybil
Server ID: 166101
My side of the story:
So, to start I don't remember lying in previous ahelps, I have a remark when I told a plasma golem to bomb sec as a non antag, and told him OOC how to do it, I told the admin I said to bomb sec jokingly, he didn't believe me but left me off with a warning. I do ahelp probably more than most though I dont usually do it to report a player as usually the conflicts I encounter don't usually need an ahelp. Like earlier in the round I ahelped "what is your favorite colour?" I should definitely stop using ahelps for this and I will definitely in the future, I have just found the Sybil admins to be super friendly and chill. In that round I had a flamethrower, I was atmos and got a the hardsuit so i figured I would capitalize on being fireproof, so I made a flamethrower for self defense, Yeah there are definitely better weapons for this but I didn't think much of it. I also told the sec off that arrested me that he was valid and as I though he would put me into perma brig that I would kill him. The sec off then sent the labor shuttle away went into space cuffed me to a chair went back in and called the labor shuttle back so that I would be gibbed. I ahelped as I thought that it was execive but that also as he was just a sec off that he did not have the authority to execute. In my ahelp I said "for no reason" this is not true he did have reason to brig me and execute me, The admin (Jaredfogle) attributed this to salt which is true and I appreciate that.
Why I should be unbanned: I was banned permanently for "ban baiting" I don't think think is fair because outside of the plasma golem incident I genuinely cannot remember lying to a TG/ station admin ever. the admin (Jaredfogle) claimed in the PM he sent me in game that I showed a pattern of lying to admins. If you consider this time lying then I would have lied twice. Twice does not show a pattern of lying, it shows that I am simply willing to do it. I also do not believe I lied. The admin mentions that I didn't mention the flamethrower or me threatening the sec off. Why I didn't mention these is that I didn't believe they mattered, for the flamethrower I had already admited to crimes so contraband wasn't much more, as well I didn't use the flamethrower throughout the entire round. And as to my threats to the sec off, I have previously made threats to sec as they arrest me with no issue and have seen others, I I thought that it wouldn't matter. As well more specific to he ban I haven't lied in the past in an attempt to get people banned. So this is also not a pattern of behavior. In conclusion I believe that my ban should be lifted because I believe my ban is unjustified because 1. I haven't lied to get other players banned in the past 2. Because I have only lied to an admin to an admin once in the past(and they didn't even believe the lie) and 3. because even in this case the only lie I told the admin was that the sec off had "no reason" to execute me without permittion of captain or warden, (exept my omission of the fact that I had a flamethrower and threatened to kill the sec off).
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: [Jaredfogle]TheGayRhinoceros

Post by Armhulen » #607612

Updated ban reason to match the one in the database.
TheGayRhinoceros

Post by TheGayRhinoceros » #607638

How exactly did you update the ban reason? When I try and log It is the exact same ban reason.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #607690

Thanks for appealing.

The "history of lying in ahelps" bit is a reference to this previously secret note applied by Shaps:
Watch for lying, while investigating the below ticket, Rhino ignored my first two attempts to PM him, only responding after the third attempt with an apology stating they missed the bwoinks due to being in combat. He had already been dead for a few seconds before I first bwoinked him, and I don't believe him saying he told the golem to bomb sec "as a joke". After some prodding, admitted he was banned from a few other servers because of "powertripping admins", which at least shows some forthrightness?
So yes, the situation of you and some golem. The part Shaps says you were lying about is you saying you were in combat, when you were not. Even giving benefit of the doubt to you telling the golem to bomb sec as a joke, the part about being in combat would appear to be objectively false.

The CentCom database also reports a server ban on BeeStation for similar lying in ahelps:
Suspected griefer. extreme LRP, If you feel this is in error please appeal on the forums. I suspect he was making meth in the chemical heaters. Both exploded. When questioned he claimed he was making epinephrine. Checking his logs he was shooting up meth and ephedrine for most of the shift. Claimed he "got the gist" of the rules. 99% sure he was making meth not epi, so let's tally up. Violations of R1, R2, R3, M1, and M3.
While I couldn't care less about whatever MRP show BeeStation is running over there, the standout to me was that you had apparently lied to their admins as well.

Your original ticket you sent to me was "executed, no reason. and without warden/cap permition". After being asked for elaboration, your response is:
i wanted into teleporter so i asked ai, i was then arrested for threatening to break in, after that, i was put in brig after being released i set one of the vents to to siphon. the sec off apple kellog. puts me in cuffs goes to sec shuttle and cuffs me to a chair out there. without saying a word to anyone. and then call the shuttle back so that i would be gibbed by it.
What is not mentioned in either of these two (especially the "no reason" part) is what you have explained in your appeal itself:
In that round I had a flamethrower, I was atmos and got a the hardsuit so i figured I would capitalize on being fireproof, so I made a flamethrower for self defense, Yeah there are definitely better weapons for this but I didn't think much of it. I also told the sec off that arrested me that he was valid and as I though he would put me into perma brig that I would kill him.
The last part you are referring to, which I had to prod you about, is a reference to [these say logs](https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... 1/game.txt):
[2021-07-17 04:53:32.248] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "that is not a crime" (Brig (118,154,3))
[2021-07-17 04:53:53.620] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "i havent commited a crime" (Brig (129,146,3))
[2021-07-17 04:54:04.263] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "you are now valid" (Brig (128,147,3))
[2021-07-17 04:54:36.354] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "ai i am being arrested for nothing" (Brig (129,146,3))
[2021-07-17 04:55:03.072] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "i mean like i have commited not a single crime" (Brig (129,146,3))
[2021-07-17 04:55:21.273] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "i really" (Brig (129,146,3))
[2021-07-17 04:55:53.312] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "i have been arrested for nothing" (Brig (129,146,3))
[2021-07-17 04:55:56.576] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "shit sec" (Brig (129,146,3))
[2021-07-17 04:56:22.837] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "SHIT SEC" (Brig (129,146,3))
[2021-07-17 04:59:31.175] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "what" (Prison Wing (116,157,3))
[2021-07-17 04:59:35.054] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "why" (Prison Wing (116,157,3))
[2021-07-17 05:00:34.726] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "you cannot steal" (Prison Wing (114,157,3))
[2021-07-17 05:00:44.668] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "you do not have assest frofeture" (Prison Wing (114,157,3))
[2021-07-17 05:01:00.331] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "you are commiting a crime" (Prison Wing (109,155,3))
[2021-07-17 05:01:04.380] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "several actually" (Prison Wing (109,155,3))
[2021-07-17 05:01:14.695] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "i will kill you" (Prison Wing (109,160,3))
[2021-07-17 05:01:23.287] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "and no one will care" (Labor Shuttle Dock (114,161,3))
[2021-07-17 05:01:45.730] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "no one will even give you a second though" (Labor Shuttle Dock (115,162,3))
[2021-07-17 05:01:58.722] SAY: TheGayRhinoceros/(Homes Hippo) "good job" (Mine (115,168,3))
Furthermore, the importance of the flamethrower is not just that you had it, but that you reportedly pulled it out, which can definitely be taken as a threat.

All to say, as you have also corroborated, you definitely had reason to be executed. I also don't really believe you thought these details were irrelevant.
Twice does not show a pattern of lying, it shows that I am simply willing to do it.
In case it's not clear, you should never be willing to lie to an admin. Doing so puts other people in danger of having action taken against them.

As per rule 6: "Deliberately lying or misrepresenting facts in adminhelps will be dealt with harshly."

You were misrepresenting facts by failing to report pretty crucial information in your ahelps.

As I've said to you (though I really just want to say it for other readers)--saying someone killed you "for no reason", and then finding out they had a reason, is normally not something admins are going to care about. I personally just assume the person is salty over getting killed. Generally after asking for clarification, we'll get most of the story, and go from there. The reason you were banned, and others were not, is specifically the note of lying.

I'm going to be denying this appeal.

Also, regarding your most recent post of updating the ban reason, you manually wrote out the ban reason but with a few typos and grammatical issues. Nothing big.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
TheGayRhinoceros

Post by TheGayRhinoceros » #607693

1. The admin who placed the ban should not be able to decide whether or not the ban will be appealed, for very obvious reasons.

2. what does a grammatical error have absolutely anything to do with my ban appeal, the answer is it doesn't so why bring it up?

3. For the situation on Beestation it really shouldn't matter, but if you care that much. someone blew up meth in the chem lab that round they blamed it on me because I did meth previously in the round. The part about lying is just that admin not believing me so they said I was lying.

4. for the situation with Shaps, I just wasn't paying attention. What reason would I have to ignore the PM's, from my experience with other stations you can't just Ignore admins so with that knowledge. Why would I maliciously and intentionally ignore the PM's.

5. This is the last station who's codebase I like. I actively take special precautions to avoid being banned. Why would I lie on something so insignificant. The only thing I lied about in this ahelp was that the sec off had no reason to execute me, he did but also still didn't have the authority nor the authorization to execute me.

6. Nothing you have said addresses the fact that I haven't lied in an ahelp in the past for the purpose of getting someone banned, and That the only time I have lied in any ahelps at all is to defend my actions as to self antag. The part about why I didn't respond to the first admin PM's is only speculation on the admins part. Someone speculating that I lied and me actually Lying are very different things.

7. And to address the original ahelp about being executed. I didn't really fucking care what you did about it, I ahelped because I was annoyed at their actions. If you waited 30 seconds then said it's been dealt with I would have been happy. You banning me for ban baiting, that shows you thought you knew what my intensions were. Thus showing a willingness to act on a speculation. Unless you perma for the only lie you know I told which was saying "they executed me for no reason" then you have no reason to ban me other than your own speculation, as well as shaps.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #607695

TheGayRhinoceros wrote:1. The admin who placed the ban should not be able to decide whether or not the ban will be appealed, for very obvious reasons.
Thats how we do it
2. what does a grammatical error have absolutely anything to do with my ban appeal, the answer is it doesn't so why bring it up?
its treated as a nicety when ever forum mods edit somebody elses posts they state why and how.

The rest of your post is too long and rambliy, i have edited it for readability.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #607703

for the situation with Shaps, I just wasn't paying attention.
The note says you said you were in combat, when you were not. That is different from not paying attention, that appears to be deliberately not telling the truth.
6. Nothing you have said addresses the fact that I haven't lied in an ahelp in the past for the purpose of getting someone banned, and That the only time I have lied in any ahelps at all is to defend my actions as to self antag. The part about why I didn't respond to the first admin PM's is only speculation on the admins part. Someone speculating that I lied and me actually Lying are very different things.
I think this is a distinction without a difference. To repeat rule 6: "Deliberately lying or misrepresenting facts in adminhelps will be dealt with harshly". If you show that, as you say, you are "willing to" lie in ahelps, then it doesn't make a difference to me your intents--to me you have a history of lying in adminhelps, whatever your reasoning, and this is not acceptable.

You are free to appeal to head admins, but I don't plan on repealing this.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

TheGayRhinoceros

Post by TheGayRhinoceros » #607714

May I ask who is the headmin is? since this is going nowhere
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #607717

The head admins will eventually respond just by leaving the post up.

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #609246

Sorry for the late response, we took some time to look over this, and while we believe the principle behind the ban is valid its a but harsher than we'd like to see. The ban will be lifted, but remain on your record. If you withhold pertinent information in the future/lie again its going to result in a perma.

Though since we found you attempted to evade the ban, a perma will be applied for that.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Lift, but ban stays on record. Permaban applied for evading.
Jimmius: Lift, but ban stays on record. Permaban applied for evading.
Naloac: Lift, but ban stays on record. Permaban applied for evading.