Appeals which have been closed.
MitchTheSkele

[Thunder12345] MitchTheSkele

Post by MitchTheSkele » #607813

Byond Account: MitchTheSkele

Character name: Mitch Jones

Ban type: Account ban

Ban Length: 1 day

Ban Reason: Killed a chef for doing things in cargo as a cargo tech, while this incident was being investigated and after being PMed for their side of the story, went and gibbed the chef's corpse. You can't just finish round removing someone while an admin is investigating their death.

Time ban was placed: 2021-07-18 20:59:29

Server I was in: Sybil

Round ID: 166207

My side of the story: I signed up as cargo tech and went into my department and started working on a locked crate, I noticed the chef wondered in for some reason but didn't pay any mind to it until I finished what I was doing. When I approached him he had ran up and spent a large amount of cargos money that we just earned buying weapons and armor and when I asked why he needed combat knives and armor when he has CQC he basically refused to tell me and just said something along the lines of "oh reasons". I grew heavily suspicious of him especially seeing as there were heretics and politely pulled him out to the front of cargo. He immediately runs back in, and when I to remove him this time he proceeds to stab my eyes out until im blind and continues to stab me while I try to retreat and while a borg attempts to pull me to safety. I return and he starts darting around cargo trying to toolbox me. I manage to kill him and for obvious reasons I do not want med to continue to revive him, as from past experiences this just leads to the person making my round a living hell so long as they live. I get notified by an admin asking me to explain what happened while I pull his corpse into the coldroom, and while I explain the situation I gib him because in my eyes he acted like an antag and should be treated as one.

Why I think I should be unbanned: I was randomly attacked by someone from a different department for little to no reason, because they wanted to use the money cargo earned for themselves to get gear. They responded with completely blinding me and had it not been for the borg they would have killed me. It was in my right to defend myself, and seeing as I wasn't 100 percent sure he wasn't a traitor even though his bag was clean he acted like one so I gibbed him and made him into a steak. I have attempted to find rules that apply to this (continuing round during a ticket), and I don't recall the admin asking me to pause what I was doing though if I am wrong in this by all means I will understand. I believe every action wouldn't have been questioned had the ticket not yet been opened or had it been resolved, I knew this person A was a traitor or B was a complete shitter for little reason. I was just continuing my round and getting rid of him so I could return to my round normally while answering any questions.

Anything else you should know: Despite this being a 1 day ban, I have had similar bans due to "over escalation" and never appealed these regardless of if I felt they were justified or not. I would prefer not to gain a negative reputation in regards to notes on this especially when I feel my actions were justified. Had this been an earlier ban I probably would just wait the day ban out regardless.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345] MitchTheSkele

Post by Thunder11 » #607815

The problem here is that you gibbed the corpse while I was in the middle of investigating their death. The fact you went and finished with round removing them before I worked out if killing them was valid or not made it quite clear to me that you didn't care whether it was going to be ruled valid or not and wanted to take them out of the round either way. It should be obvious that it's not appropriate to carry on doing something when you're being questioned about it. This is denied.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Re: [Thunder12345] MitchTheSkele

Post by Naloac » #609247

we disagree with this ban, the admin bwoinked the player in this instance. Not the player asking the admin. The chef quite transparently looked like an antag and gibbing looks valid. If the player had ahelped and continued to escalate then this ban would have been fine but that wasnt the case in this ban. As such we will be removing the note.

Naloac - Yes
Coconut - Yes
Jimmius - Yes
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032