Byond Username: Lyude

[Lyude75] Thunder12345 - ban for "ERP" bot

Post by Lyude75 » #608538

BYOND account: Lyude75
Character name: Jayson Davies
Character name at time of ban: Jayson Davies
Ban type: ERP
Ban length: perma

Ban reason: I created to bots using circuits, that I designated as bitch bot and pimp bot. The point of it was trying to get the attention of people to give money to the money bot, which currently does not do anything apart form taking and giving the same amount of money. Therefore I tried to make a trick to get people to use the money bot and transfer money to it.
Of course the non money bot was catching attention by saying things and react accordingly to money transfer. This was designed as a combination of events in order to try a multi-level programmation of circuit and interaction between 2 bots.
Of course at some point someone had the idea to place a bounce radio on the bot to spam the common channel, but it was not me and without it I suppose my bot would have gone unnoticed...

In my view it was not ERP in the sense that bots are not in any manner placing themselves in a possibility to participate, even remotely, to ERP, despite the story they say. I was just trying to make a trick to get people to use the money bot as previous rounds proved this bot is even less interesting to people than public nanite chamber. I was just trying to make use of a circuit shell that does not have any for now, using story background as a means in a relatable manner.

Perma ban seems to me too much as a consequence. I understand that I made a law change (in previous round) to AI once to try upload (I did not know how to use it and I wanted to use a non harmful stupid law), but I reocgnise I could have done better then.
The bot was not designed to do ERP in my opinion as stated above and was just a way to make sense of a money bot shell. I would accept a short ban, but a perma ban is definitely too much considering the background of my exercise. Again, I caused no harm and assimilating machines as ERP is just going too far in my opinion. I did not do that in a gratuitous manner, there was an actual and objective reason, it was not intended to offend but to get a bot filled with cash.

Time ban was placed: 2021-07-25
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 166613
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Lyude75] Thunder12345 - ban for "ERP" bot

Post by Thunder11 » #608541

Actual ban reason:
Rule 8 - Built a circuit setup which he described as a "bitch bot and pimp bot". Voice lines used by the setup were "C'mon baby! I'll suck you if you give 100 bucks to my pimp right there! C'mon baby I do it very well!", "Yes baby, that's good, c'mon here so I do you!", "AAAAAHHHHH!!! Don't hesitate to come back baby!!!", "That's good you can get banged". You were warned about this kind of sexual behaviour less than a week ago. Appeal on the forums when you are capable of playing without suggestive gimmicks.
Rule 8:
Erotic/creepy stuff is not allowed.
No form of erotic roleplay is allowed on the servers, including things that could be construed as sexual by unwilling participants.
Making a bot that talks about sexual shit to people is very much erotic/creepy stuff, and could certainly be construed as sexual by anyone who has to listen to it. You were warned previously about rule 8 breaking behaviour, and this rune is one which historically we have taken very seriously. Based on what you've said in your appeal I don't see any reason to believe you properly understand what kinds of behaviour rule 8 covers, or why this kind of behaviour is bad. As such you have not done anything to convince me that you can cut out the suggestive gimmicks, and this appeal is denied.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #608543

Reminder that rule 8 is about any form of erotic or creepy “stuff”, so even if you did not engage in any form of actual erp you are still able to break the rule.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #608559

Lets take this out of PMs again and back into the open, shall we.
Lyude75 wrote:I have a degree in law so of course I understand the meaning of things. To be honest the concept of having to appeal to the same exact person who enforced the ban is really stranger to me... but anyway it's a game.

Does perma ban means I will never be able to go to TG again? That's the equivalent of capital punishment... I know there are some servers but again, I find it extreme to ban me like that forever.
I request that my case be considered by someone else, at least to get the possibility for it to be more contradictory, as it is a in states subject to the rule of law.
I agree that I could have done something more intelligent, but again the precedent you use to justify my perma ban was a simple law change that did not translate into actual ERP in station (apart from law).
In the previous note, the issue was you uploading the law, not whether it resulted in anything actually happening. Rule 8 exists because being exposed to this kind of sexually suggestive behaviour makes some people very uncomfortable, and since you've shown blatant disregard for rule 8 I don't see any reason why it's more beneficial to the server to keep you around than the people you affect with your gimmicks. Headmins will weigh in if they want to change anything, otherwise see you in a year.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Post by Cimika » #608563

To further clarify on what getting "perma"banned means, I will quote the rules :
5. A permaban may only be appealed once every 12 months unless stated otherwise by the banning admin or a headmin. Subsequent appeals will be automatically rejected and deleted, and may result in a forum ban if repeated.
You are not banned until the end of time, moreso you will have to wait before appealing this ban again, should the headmins uphold it.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #609390

We're upholding this. Come back with a voucher from another server.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Uphold
Jimmius: Uphold
Naloac: Uphold