Null0
Byond Username: Null0

[<ZeDoctor>] Null0 - please be patient i have autism

Post by Null0 » #612402

BYOND account: Null0

Character name: Rose Strider

Ban type: server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: rule 8 - claimed to engage in necrophilia with the corpse of the mime who they had killed with a traitor. Saying things like "the mime and i were having... intimate times" and "I'm just trying to have a little fun in here. You were already warned about rule 8 violations less than a week before.

Round ID in which ban was placed: 168101

Your side of the story: so i was a traitor with carp style, and i got caught by security trying to hide the mimes corpse in a dorm room. Then 3 officers and a bystander showed up and i immediately panicked and started implying that i was doing necrophilia in the room, in the hopes that it would somehow get them not to search me or the room, a desperate defense. Needless to say this didn't work, and I was swiftly executed with the station elevator. I started talking with two separate admins about it, and was unsure when if at all I should offer my feelings, as the admins were likely busy, and I was unsure how seriously they were looking upon my offense.

Why you think you should be unbanned: When i was banned I did not fully understand rule 8, i figured that what I did would not be a problem. Having read the rules again, I can see that this was obviously stupid and I totally understand banning me for it, but I have learned my lesson, and it will never happen again.

Anything else we should know: I really love playing here, its the best ss13 server there is, thanks for your continued patience.
JohnMooney
Byond Username: Ze Doctor

Re: [<ZeDoctor>] Null0 - please be patient i have autism

Post by JohnMooney » #612418

Sorry to say but I am going to have to reject this appeal. Considering your previous warning less than a week before the incident you had the opportunity to read over the rules again and acquire a better understanding of the rule and/or inquire for clearer clarification in regards to rule 8. The logs below do show that what you said wasn’t a once off comment either. The line about “per section eight of the nanotrasen employee contract” does also make it apparent you at least to some extent knew that what you were doing was against rule 8 to begin with.

Furthermore, with 167 hours it is expected that you would have some degree of understanding about what rule 8 is and the severity of it
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[2021-08-19 18:52:33.778] SAY: Null0/(Rose Strider) "we are having an intimate moment" (Dormitories (89,107,3))
[2021-08-19 18:53:05.113] SAY: Null0/(Rose Strider) "im just trying to have a little fun in here" (Dormitories (88,107,3))
[2021-08-19 18:53:41.943] SAY: Null0/(Rose Strider) "i was just playing with the meowmes corpse" (Port Tram Underpass (96,115,2))
[2021-08-19 18:53:44.926] SAY: Null0/(Rose Strider) "i like playing with corpses" (Port Tram Underpass (106,114,2))
[2021-08-19 18:55:47.447] SAY: Null0/(Rose Strider) "the mime and i were having.... intimate times." (Interrogation Room (136,153,3))
[2021-08-19 18:55:58.212] SAY: Null0/(Rose Strider) "i would prefer nya-t to elaborate as per section eight of the nanotrasen employee contract." (Interrogation Room (136,153,3))
[2021-08-19 18:57:05.842] SAY: Null0/(Rose Strider) "what i do in my private time is nyan of your pawsness" (Interrogation Room (136,153,3))
[2021-08-19 19:00:31.649] SAY: Null0/(Rose Strider) "correct, i was just admiring the corpse" (Interrogation Room (136,153,3))
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/man ... /game.html
Null0

Post by Null0 » #612441

I did have an opportunity to read the rules again, but in a stunning show of hubris i did not.

additionally, as you can see from the logs you posted, the comment about "section 8" of the nanotrasen employee contract, as well as those after it, were made after the ticket was begun and I was aware of the severity of my altercation.
I dont mean to imply that I didn't violate any rules or that you should pretend I didn't, but I also feel that I should be allowed to return to Manuel, on account of my newly gained understanding about the severity with which sexual themes are punished, and willingness to cooperate with administration.
JohnMooney

Post by JohnMooney » #612458

Null0 wrote:I did have an opportunity to read the rules again, but in a stunning show of hubris i did not.

additionally, as you can see from the logs you posted, the comment about "section 8" of the nanotrasen employee contract, as well as those after it, were made after the ticket was begun and I was aware of the severity of my altercation.
I dont mean to imply that I didn't violate any rules or that you should pretend I didn't, but I also feel that I should be allowed to return to Manuel, on account of my newly gained understanding about the severity with which sexual themes are punished, and willingness to cooperate with administration.
The comment you made about rule 8 happened before I sent the first message to you so it does seem as if you were already well aware of your actions before I began talking to you

[2021-08-19 18:55:58.212] SAY: Null0/(Rose Strider) "i would prefer nya-t to elaborate as per section eight of the nanotrasen employee contract." (Interrogation Room (136,153,3))
[2021-08-19 18:58:03.418] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ze Doctor/(John Mooney)->Null0/(Rose Strider): Hey, mind explaining some of the things you have said?
Null0

Post by Null0 » #612465

The comment you made about rule 8 happened before I sent the first message to you so it does seem as if you were already well aware of your actions before I began talking to you

[2021-08-19 18:58:03.418] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Ze Doctor/(John Mooney)->Null0/(Rose Strider): Hey, mind explaining some of the things you have said?
[/quote]

Yes i was aware of my actions, they were after all my own actions. It was by this time however that i realized they were a violation of the rules, and did not wish to continue what I initially thought would be a "funny joke" especially considering that two admins were talking to me about it.

if allowed to return to play i can personally guarantee that I would not violate rule 8 again, I understand very well now the severity and depth with which rule 8 is upheld.

thanks for listening
JohnMooney

Post by JohnMooney » #612489

While you have made an apology for your actions you still acted in a way that was very much in violation of the server rules, if you were to come back with a voucher from another server your ban could be reviewed however until such a time this ban will remain in place. If you feel as if this is unfair you are free to request a headmin to review the appeal. You are free to appeal this ban once again in 12 months should you so desire
Null0

Post by Null0 » #612494

JohnMooney wrote:While you have made an apology for your actions you still acted in a way that was very much in violation of the server rules, if you were to come back with a voucher from another server your ban could be reviewed however until such a time this ban will remain in place. If you feel as if this is unfair you are free to request a headmin to review the appeal. You are free to appeal this ban once again in 12 months should you so desire
would you mind explaining to me or linking me to something that explains the idea of a Voucher in more depth? i would very much appreciate this
JohnMooney

Post by JohnMooney » #612499

Null0 wrote:
JohnMooney wrote:While you have made an apology for your actions you still acted in a way that was very much in violation of the server rules, if you were to come back with a voucher from another server your ban could be reviewed however until such a time this ban will remain in place. If you feel as if this is unfair you are free to request a headmin to review the appeal. You are free to appeal this ban once again in 12 months should you so desire
would you mind explaining to me or linking me to something that explains the idea of a Voucher in more depth? i would very much appreciate this
A voucher involves you playing on another server for a while (couple of months at least) and having a good reputation which admins here can then ask about as a means of seeing how you behave.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #612514

This user attempted to ban evade just now using the account schizedelic. As such, they are now also permabanned for evasion. I'll let ze doctor decide how to handle it.
BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #612530

Also attempted to evade using ckey Oracular.
Null0

Post by Null0 » #612532

I very much wish to play on this server and i'm very sad I cannot. Is all I have to say about attempting to evade the ban.
Null0

Post by Null0 » #612575

Anyway i would like a headmin to review the appeal
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #612582

As Naloac is away for a bit, I will deny this myself rather than wait for a full vote, on account of the gross shit you said, and the fact you instantly tried to evade the ban. The other Headmins may overrule me later if they wish.