WeenMachine4003
Byond Username: WeenMachine4003

[Nianjiilical] WeenMachine4003 - 1 Day Ban Misunderstanding

Post by WeenMachine4003 » #614235

Byond Acount: WeenMachine4003
Character Name: Chase Lampe
Ban Type: Server
Ban Length: 1 Day
Ban Reason: "Logged in, dragged a welding can to chemistry, immediately blew themselves up (and breached chem) and disconnected."
Time Ban Was Placed: 7:29:44 UTC
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 169156
Your side of the story: My buddy hits me up at 1:00 in the morning PST, telling me that there's this level system hierarchy on Sybil, and that all the single digit levels are getting lynch mobbed. It seemed interesting, so I logged in as chemist, one of my main roles, to check out what the deal was. And sure enough, a level started floating around my head, and I noticed it was a 17. I got worried. If they're purging the single digits, what will happen to the next set of ten. So I grab myself a welding tank and a welding tool to fend off the oppressive upper class lynch mobs. No one fucked with me, and I made my way into plumbing, and put aside the welding tank. Then that's when I started working on some chemicals. I made about 100 units of Nitrous Oxide, which unfortunately blew up in my face, and I instantly gibbed myself. I spectated as a ghost for a little, and I logged off. I thought nothing of it, logged back in today, to find that I had a 1 day ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think this is all just a misunderstanding, and although the welding tank, welding tool combo is a pretty shitter move, I thought it was necessary given the circumstances, and it really was only posturing. If you check the logs, I never blew up the welding tank, only myself, with a chemical. To answer why I should be let back into the community, the answer is that I shouldn't, and there's nothing anyone can do it about it. I'm a massive shitter. I have over 200 hours split between assistant and chemist, and I've never made a helpful chemical in my entire life, but despite that I care about this server, and the people who play on it, and this is one of the greatest communities that I've ever been apart of. I can't promise that I will stop being a shitter, but I will walk away from this experience with a deeper appreciation for what I've taken for granted all this time.
References of good conduct: I tried out colonial marines, and I couldn't get out of the spawn area, so I don't think I left much of an impression there.
Anything else we should know: Chase Lampe is my alt name, I usually play on Doktur Explosion or Senur Granada.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Re: [Nianjiilical] WeenMachine4003 - 1 Day Ban Misunderstanding

Post by nianjiilical » #614238

revisiting the logs it seems like i did misread them and it was a chemistry accident and not a welderbomb, and while the breach and disconnect looked kind of bad at the time i do appreciate you coming on and appealing it

so i lifted the ban, sorry about all this

that said based on your appeal and your admittance to shittery i am putting you on chemical probation, if you do not make one (1) good chemical in the next 60 days i will be forced to reapply a 1 day ban
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
WeenMachine4003
Byond Username: WeenMachine4003

Re: [Nianjiilical] WeenMachine4003 - 1 Day Ban Misunderstanding

Post by WeenMachine4003 » #614239

I appreciate your understanding. I have at this point vowed to make it my mission to make 1 good chemical.