keebo885
David Mueller
server ban
7 days
As a non-antag plasma flooded the station and proceeded to lie about it
10/2/21
Sybil
Round ID is 170642
My own perspective: I would say that this entire thing is an unfortunate accident. To begin, around 5-10 minutes before the shuttle arrived, I found that there was no oxygen in the engineering area, so I went to atmospherics to try to fix the issue. I scanned the mix pipe which contained oxygen, nitrogen, and plasma, and decided to filter out the plasma so that I could inject oxygen into the station distribution pipe. I believe I either had it on the wrong layer, which failed to connect the filter onto the pipes and I added another pipe, or I forgot to set the filter correctly. Another person came along and unwrenched the output pipe which stopped the plasma from continuing to flood. I am absolutely certain (and this is where the admin says that I lied), that I was not the original person who put the plasma in the pipes. When I scanned the pipes there was a mix of plasma, oxygen and hydrogen already. I am not certain but the atmospheric technicians seemed quite new that round as well, so it may have been them.

Reasons why I should be unbanned: I'll admit, I'm quite new to atmospherics and engineering as shown by my play time, to further say that this was completely an accident. I spent that entire round attempting to learn how to do the supermatter generator, and it was only with the help of the wiki guide that I could successfully configure the atmospherics room. This was a complete accident and I believe it is unfair to ban me for a week, especially for an incident near the end of the round, where player gameplay was minimally affected. I am asking the admins to give me a second chance on my mistake. Even if you don't believe me at all, I still think that a 7 day ban is a bit extreme for the first incident of bad conduct ever.

Good conduct: I have played over 60 hours on this server with 0 notes or incidents of bad conduct. I have never self antagged before and this is the first time an incident of this magnitude has happened before.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Knira[keebo885] - server ban

Post by Mothblocks » #615903

The ticket in question can be found here: https://atlantaned.space/tgdb/ticket/170642/16
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Knira
Byond Username: Knira

Post by Knira » #615937

The reason why I thought you were lying was because in forensics it shown you touching the plasma outlet twice and the gas mixer twice and mix to distro's volume pump and the fact you kept saying you wanted more oxygen in the station when there's these three pipes and also air to distro you can increase the output of to increase nitrogen and oxygen in the distro but since it was an just a atmospherics goof up and not a lie I'll lower it down to a note Image
largehattius1997

Post by largehattius1997 » #615946

Alright, thanks. Yeah I was really confused cause it showed the yellow pipes leaving the oxygen chamber so I assumed oxygen went through that to distro, forgot that oxygen already has a mix chamber to create air. I'll be more careful in the future.