SomeDingus
Byond Username: SomeDingus

[Ivanissaccs] SomeDingus - 13 Ways To Destroy A Painting

Post by SomeDingus » #628024

BYOND account: SomeDingus
Character name: John Fanta
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Rule 11. After seperate discord and OOC bans based around rule 11 transphobic content , created a painting, 41, KYS, transposed over a trans flag titled "Clown Hates Trannies"
Time ban was placed: 2022-01-30 22:24:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 177575
Your side of the story: I made an ironic painting in response to another painting that was in the library, which had an image of a clown face transposed over a trans flag. The title was something like, "Clown Says Trans Rights!!!" I had assumed that if an admin had an issue with the painting, they would just delete it and go about their day. The painting was not targeted towards any specific person or group of people, it was only meant to mock another painting that had an anonymous author. I wasn't even online when I was banned, and it had been a couple weeks since I had made the painting.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think a permanent ban is a bit of an overreaction. I have multiple friends who play on the server who can vouch for me, along with other admins who I've interacted with. I play with good conduct most of the time, and the OOC and Discord bans that they're referring to happened a long time ago. I could also go on about how the admin who decided to ban me has been a genuine burden on the Bagil community (They're very out of touch with the server culture) but this isn't an admin complaint thread.
References of good conduct: Not on any other servers since the ban, but I have a bunch of friends and acquaintances who play on Bagil.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: [Ivanissaccs] SomeDingus - 13 Ways To Destroy A Painting

Post by wubli » #628033

SomeDingus wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:15 pm I made an ironic painting in response to another painting that was in the library, which had an image of a clown face transposed over a trans flag. The title was something like, "Clown Says Trans Rights!!!"
SomeDingus wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:15 pm The painting was not targeted towards any specific person or group of people
Ban reason wrote:transposed over a trans flag titled "Clown Hates Trannies"
Quoting rule 11:
Bigotry is not allowed.
Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated. It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject the expression of bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.
This means rather than warning or banning for quoting a usage such as "Griff McNazi got banned for calling somebody a faggot" or even things like "nigga pls" and "what are you faggots playing" which are generally not statements made to be bigoted, we'll focus more on statements like "you talk like a [insert stereotype]" or "x is a [insert slur]".
This rule applies to ALL OOC bigotry, even when expressed in IC. There is no racism in 2561, just species-ism: there is no homophobia, just xenophiliaphobia, etc.
Admins are encouraged to use rule 1 to deal with instances where """IC""" bigotry is excessive or designed as a mask for ooc bigotry.
And precedents:
When deciding rather or not to enforce this rule on a player, as well as how severe of an enforcement, please consider the following questions:

Are they expressing hatred or intolerance toward a protected group (race, sex, gender, orientation (note: both majorities and minorities count))?
How likely are they to know that their actions/words are expressing hatred or intolerance toward a protected group?
Assuming they read and remember the rules, how likely are they to make the connection that their conduct is not allowed? (Not all of our players come from first world country with a culture that places an emphasis on promoting tolerance and sensitivity)
Have they tried to previously claim instances were accidental references but they just keep accidentally being a bigot?
It's ok to give somebody a warning or a lighter punishment at first and crack down harder if they keep it up.
Now, you had an appeal not so long ago for an OOC ban that you never replied to and was locked:
Banned from Roles: OOC permanently - "Kiwi Farms is based, average troony jannies don't like it" when asked to cut it out, responded "k, I won't state my opinions in OOC IG"
And from that appeal I quote:
so I then said "Kiwi Farms is based, average troony jannies don't like it" which was just a rib at the stereotypical admin who gets upset over minute things
Which seems like, again, another ~joke~ that is ~unrelated to the group of people~. Though these things were worth bringing up in an appeal of this kind.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
SomeDingus

Post by SomeDingus » #628038

wubli wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:21 pm
Which seems like, again, another ~joke~ that is ~unrelated to the group of people~. Though these things were worth bringing up in an appeal of this kind.
Valid concerns, however you weren't involved in the situation. I'd appreciate if peanut posting was kept to a minimum, thanks.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #628040

SomeDingus wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:34 pm
wubli wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:21 pm Which seems like, again, another ~joke~ that is ~unrelated to the group of people~. Though these things were worth bringing up in an appeal of this kind.
Valid concerns, however you weren't involved in the situation. I'd appreciate if peanut posting was kept to a minimum, thanks.
From ban appeal rules
THE PEANUT POLICY:
Adding to/adjusting the definitions so that players can post in a thread regarding something they weren't involved in, IF IT IS TO BRING UP/POINT TO/HIGHLIGHT a rule, precedent, or piece of evidence that was missed that is relevant to the situation.
Bringing up rule precedents and past ban appeals is not peanut posting. What would be peanut posting is posting a gif of Ariana Grande doing a hair flip, which I would love to do right now. Cheers!
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
SomeDingus

Post by SomeDingus » #628041

wubli wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:40 pm Bringing up rule precedents and past ban appeals is not peanut posting. What would be peanut posting is posting a gif of Ariana Grande doing a hair flip, which I would love to do right now. Cheers!
Thank you for the valuable input, babe.
Last edited by SomeDingus on Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #628103

I made an ironic painting in response to another painting that was in the library, which had an image of a clown face transposed over a trans flag. The title was something like, "Clown Says Trans Rights!!!"
You conveniently missed the part where after dividing it into quadrants you wrote 41, k, y, s.
I had assumed that if an admin had an issue with the painting, they would just delete it and go about their day.
I myself would have never registered the painting until it was brought to my attention in an ahelp and I had to request they explain whatever reference I was missing, so Im glad they did.
The painting was not targeted towards any specific person or group of people, it was only meant to mock another painting
I can only make two conclusions based on this. trans flag, kill your self, title "Clown hates trannies". You cannot argue in good faith to me that this is not targetting a specific group of people WHEN YOU STATE THE TARGETTED GROUP while making references to suicide without either.
A. Being so willfully ignorant of others and server rules as to be incapable of following them
Or
B. Being a really ballsy liar in your attempt to weasel out of this ban.
I wasn't even online when I was banned, and it had been a couple weeks since I had made the painting.
This is accurate, the painting was in fact made aproximately 16 hours after your last ban on this same subject matter, its unfortunate it wasn't brought to anyones attention untill now.
I think a permanent ban is a bit of an overreaction. I have multiple friends who play on the server who can vouch for me, along with other admins who I've interacted with.
I shall await their guidance should it ever be forth coming.
I could also go on about how the admin who decided to ban me has been a genuine burden on the Bagil community
Im quite content to let this ban and any other interactions I have speak for themselves.

In conclusion, you have showed a consistent pattern of behavior to denigrate the trans community within the TG community through multiple avenues. Being banned through various channels has done nothing to dissuade you from this behavior, infact the last ban was only capable of making you do so for less than a single day.
You have expressed no remorse, or even comprehension of how you broke the rules, even doubling down in this appeal with casual sexism.
You are welcome to appeal this with our headmins however at this time I am rejecting this appeal and recommend that next time you find someone who can infact vouch for your ability to participate without breaching rule 11 on such a regular basis.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #628122

The painting was not targeted towards any specific person or group of people, it was only meant to mock another painting
For context, the number 41 is a common anti-trans dogwhistle and is used to harass trans people. I'm not posting why because it's reprehensible, if you're really that curious, google it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you