[DISCORD] Box Boy

Appeals which have been closed.
UvvU
Byond Username: UvvU

[DISCORD] Box Boy

Post by UvvU » #629512

Discord username: Box Boy #7647
Ban reason: Posting a link to fbi crime statistics when the bigotry rule was announced.
Time ban was placed: ~1 year and 5 months ago
Your side of the story: I belive I was trying to make a point and make fun of admins who were banning people for posting said link, as I felt it didn't violate the new rule.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a ill advised joke and major overreaction to the rule change. For some reason I believed that it would shift the culture more towards other servers which I didn't like at the time. I'd like to rejoin the discord mainly because I'm trying to do some work on a tg downstream, and I've heard that the coderbus on the discord can be super helpful for that.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [DISCORD] Box Boy

Post by Timberpoes » #629517

Case #53 | Ban
Reason: New bigotry rule
By: CitrusGender
Sep 7, 2020 01:25

I'll chase this up for you.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Re: [DISCORD] Box Boy

Post by CitrusGender » #629671

Right, I remember this somewhat well.

I think it was like around the time of the new rule was introduced and then you decided to post crime statistics in discussion chat.

Though, granted you did make this easy to look up and additionally it's been like a year and some change. I'd suppose we can remove this ban considering the amount of time passed.

Be good.