Infernus
Byond Username: InfernusGamer

[Vekter] InfernusGamer - Banned by bombing an self-antag captain and an traitor

Post by Infernus » #631306

BYOND account: InfernusGamer
Character name: Lucca 'Fisnor' Skywalker
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 Day
Ban reason: Bombed science to kill an traitor and the captain who was assisting them.
Time ban was placed: 2022-02-19 17:46:51
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:178677
Your side of the story: I was RD and the captain was helping a traitor (He knew he was a traitor) giving equipment and preventing anyone from killing/arresting him. When I was going to get my TTVs bombs that were in toxins to blow them up at CentCom, I saw the captain and the traitor taking them, a captain who was doing self-antag and a traitor taking a lot of maxcaps when the shuttle was arriving, it was clear that they were going to do something with them on the shuttle.

I saw that when they were picking them up, they dropped a remote on the floor (all the TTVs were on the same frequency with remotes), I went fast, grabbed the remote, pushed away everyone that was close to the toxins and blew them both apart before they could could do something with the bombs.

Why you think you should be unbanned: The shuttle was just arriving so the damage to the toxins would not be a problem and no one but them died or were seriously injured. I blew up a self-antag captain and a traitor before they could do anything with the bombs without doing an really serious damage to the station, it was only toxins and everyone was waiting shuttle at departures, no one complained about it and everyone liked that I managed to kill them both at once.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] InfernusGamer - Banned by bombing an self-antag captain and an traitor

Post by Vekter » #631343

Hey, thanks for appealing.

I understand your side of things and I appreciate you giving your point of view here. A Headmin ruling regarding "Weapons of Mass Destruction to counter antagonists" states:
Headmin rulings wrote: An example of this is suicide bombing a wizard or BoH bombing the cult base. If use of the weapon does not win the round for your side immediately after, then it is grief and will be treated as such by admins.
Given that you're unable to immediately end the round by bombing a Traitor, doing so is pretty much universally considered thinly veiled grief. That being said, if things went the way you described them, this doesn't really fit the spirit of that ruling. You didn't actively go out of your way to bomb them and instead took advantage of a mistake they'd made. The main reason I banned you was that I wasn't able to get your side of things, so I had to go off of what information I had.

I've lifted the ban; you should be able to play again. Keep in mind in the future that this sort of thing could have been seen as grief in other circumstances.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you