marshturtle69
Byond Username: Marshturtle

[AwkwardStereo] Marshturtle - All Antag Ban

Post by marshturtle69 » #633887

BYOND account: Marshturtle
Character Name: Marsh Mothington
Ban type: Antag Ban
Ban length: 1 Month
Ban Reason: As an assistant, spotted a cultist with a ritual dagger alongside several others. Began shouting at the cultist to draw an offer rune, then jumped onto it immediately to be converted. Voluntary conversion is self antagging, and "cult con" is not an acceptable excuse for jumping onto an offer rune.
Time ban was placed: 2022-03-14 03:57:24
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil (my beloved)
Round ID in which the ban was placed: 179923
Your side of the story: Me and a group of people made up of assistants and engineers were in inner engineering, all trying to get insuls, when someone pulled out a ritual knife and showed everyone. Me and several other people were chanting "cult con" and encouraging the cultist to draw a conversion rune and convert us. When the rune was drawn, I jumped onto the rune and got converted. Then I got ahelped and antag banned for a month.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I am fine with the one month antag ban, but I would like it reduced to only team antags or if possible, only cult. This isn't as serious however because this is only a temporary ban.
Anything else we should know: This is my new forum account because I forgot the old one's password and couldn't get the email, do not know if this is important.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Re: [AwkwardStereo] Marshturtle - All Antag Ban

Post by AwkwardStereo » #633974

Appeal denied.

You haven't shown me a single reason to lessen anything about this ban from your appeal. The impression that you've given me is that you show no remorse beyond the obvious inconvenience of an inability to roll antag.
marshturtle69 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:35 amI am fine with the one month antag ban, but I would like it reduced to only team antags or if possible, only cult.
You self-antagged. You saw an opportunity for a free antag round, shouted at a cultist to draw an offer rune, and ran towards it to be converted. The bare minimum that was expected of you was to just not run onto the rune. I believe you did this in spite of the rules, were aware you were running afoul of them, and were hopeful that you would not be seen or face repercussions for this action. I would have only considered this if buddy-fucking your faction were the only thing you did here. That is just not the case.

You are free to request headmin review if you wish.