yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

(Cheshify) - Yobihodazine - change ban reason

Post by yobihodazine2 » #644322

BYOND account: BYOND account
Character name: Character name at time of ban
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 14 days, for putting a guy in red health
Ban reason: initiated a fight by shove-stunning a player who was gathering gear in tool storage, escalating to nearly critting them when they retaliated. The other player they attacked was one that Yobihodazine had issues with before, claiming that they were the "motherfucker who got me banend a few days ago" in ahelps when asking about why they were shovestunning people in the first place. Incredibly combatitive in ahelps, use of retard alongside other insults. Began discussing current-round events in OOC mid-ahelp. "is it in character for me to randomly push people. Would you say i did it to metagrudge?"
Time ban was placed: 2022-06-05 09:00:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Sibyl
Round ID in which ban was placed: 184952
Your side of the story: I got done with my job as a viro and was bored, I pushed like THREE separate people into each other in tool storage for the hell of it and ran away. About 30 seconds to a minute later Chris Handsome decided to hit me over the head with a toolbox for this. So I pushed him down, took the toolbox, and beat him up. He came to medbay and healed himself while i watched. Then he tried to tell security I took his toolbox and get them to arrest me. So I danced around the security officer that was there and beat the guy up some more. He healed himself again, and came back later and welder bombed me in medbay before crying to the admins.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't want to be unbanned I would like the ban reason to be changed to reflect why the ban was placed for such a long period, which is my attitude and previous offenses. I don't like being portrayed in this way, like I decided to beat this guy with his own toolbox because I had some kind of grudge. No. We both played in the very early morning hours, low pop, and high chance of interaction. I pushed him. Reasonable escalation is a push back, but he hit me. So I hit him. And he didn't run away, either.
Anything else we should know: there are plenty of legit reasons for this ban, like overescalation , rudeness to admins, and previous overescalation, but metagrudging is not one.
Last edited by yobihodazine2 on Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yobihodazine2

Re: (Cheshify) - Yobihodazine - change ban reason

Post by yobihodazine2 » #644324

"initiated a fight by shove-stunning a player who was gathering gear in tool storage, escalating to nearly critting them when they retaliated. The other player they attacked was one that Yobihodazine had issues with before, claiming that they were the "motherfucker who got me banend a few days ago" in ahelps when asking about why they were shovestunning people in the first place."
1. I did not mean to initiate a fight with anyone. I just pushed over the three people I saw crowded in tool storage because I thought it was funny.
2. Claimed that me pointing out that I was banned in a previous interaction with the guy was my direct response to being asked why I pushed him, but it was really just another afterthought.

I won't have this trumped up bullshit. Yes I was warned for threatening metagrudging on a guy who griefed me when there were no admins on. Why would I do the same for plasma cigar man here? What's my motivation? That he adminhelped and got me banned so hurr durr imma hurt him and get banned again?
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #644333

rejected appeal from 38 minutes before this one linked for record purposes viewtopic.php?t=31941
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #644346

I'm going to assume that you want to escalate this to head admins and put this on our board when I get out of bed.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #644575

I'm still mad about this. The first time I got banned for interactions with this guy it was eerily similar to this. He lies to security and I hurt him for it. Don't you think if I was metagrudging I would act DIFFERENTLY because I know who the guy is as opposed to fucking up the exact same way I did last time? Also, as a med main, health is just a number that goes up and down. I did not understand the gravity of reducing his health and allowing him to heal, apparently. Also, since when can you try to welder bomb someone you had a conflict with, lose, and THEN adminhelp? I literally let him go with full health, wasted less than 2 minutes of his time, and he comes back, fails at welder bombing, and gets me banned for two weeks. I will absolutely avoid this person in the future because apparently I cannot interact with them in a way that doesn't break the rules.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #644576

This ban was long for a reason and I would be much happier if it was for the real reason.
Last edited by yobihodazine2 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #644601

I will donate 50 dollars if you do so. Worth every penny so far I would like to not have this look so awful on my record just because I mentioned my past with the guy. Obviously I should think before I say something like that.
Last edited by yobihodazine2 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #644608

Also you can't ban me! I quit! Amirite
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #646355

This is an ancient appeal that I'm going to exercise a little flexibility in just moving it on.

I spoke to Cheshify 1-to-1 to see if there was any room to compromise on this note. The note itself lays out all the factors they took into account when placing the ban length they did, and those factors are needed in the note to explain to other admins reading the note why the ban was as long as it was for such a generally minor encounter.

From our Rules on appealing notes:
[N]otes can be appealed if they match one of the following ... cases:
... The note's contents or existence is unjustifiably harsh to the player's standing in the eyes of admins reading the notes.
...... Notes that contain admin opinions that unfairly paint the player in a bad light are one example.
......... Emphasis on the phrase "unfairly". If you're repeatedly a shitter and an admin calls you a shitter in a note just take the hint and improve on not being a shitter
I'm going to stand by this: "If you're repeatedly a shitter and an admin calls you a shitter in a note just take the hint and improve on not being a shitter" and summarily reject your appeal as without valid grounds on that basis.

If the other headmins disagree with this, they are free to swing by and shoot me off my high horse back to the sodden muddy Earth on which we all crawl.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin