helplesscrane
Byond Username: Helplesscrane

[wesoda24} helplesscrane vanquished

Post by helplesscrane » #647092

BYOND account: helplesscrane
Character name: lucy cicero
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 4320 minutes
Ban reason: More annoying brawls with friends in public spaces, in medbay this time. It doesn't appear that anyone uninvolved was hurt so I'm not escalating ducks ban here. Has been explicitly told not to fight their friends any where remotely close to a place where they might bother someone trying to do their job.
Time ban was placed: 2022-07-19 04:23:25
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 186894
Your side of the story: I fought my friends in medbay hurt no one and got banned for it
Why you think you should be unbanned: I fought with my friends in medbay I don't know why I'm banned for fighting in a public place. they never asked me to stop or leave till after the fight and I never hurt anyone other than my friends 3 days ban for bothering people because I was near them while fighting with my friends doesn't make sense and I don't know what rule I'm breaking. are people not allowed to fight in public places anymore? its unrealistic to say I'm supposed to fight in a private place like gather up my friends and go to holodeck so that we can fight without being near anybody. fights just happen where they happen and a 3 day ban for fighting friends in medbay just seems way too harsh
XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Re: [wesoda24} helplesscrane vanquished

Post by XII3912 » #647100

Question for wesoda:

if this gets seen as invalid and lifted, can me and realthoman_'s note that you gave us for this exact reason be removed or will we have to appeal individually
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #647139

Your history with this:
► Show Spoiler
And here are your attack logs from start to finish of the fights in medbay. I think they paint a clear enough picture.
► Show Spoiler
Logs from: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... nd-186894/

I don't personally really care if you fight with your friends, but of late you guys have definitely managed to cross a line and for the sake of people just trying to do their jobs I am telling you to stop. I was pretty liberal in how I handled this, almost everyone involved was talked to and noted/warned. You were banned due to your history.

I'm denying this and I'm not removing anyone else's notes. I'll repeat what I said in tickets and the ban reason: do not fight with your friends remotely close to a place where you might bother someone. This is not asking a lot.

PS: I've reworded your ban to the following. "Public spaces" was a bit confusing, so it should be clearer now.
More annoying brawls with friends in people's workspaces - medbay this time. It doesn't appear that anyone uninvolved was hurt so I'm not escalating ducks ban here. Has been explicitly told not to fight their friends any where remotely close to a place where they might bother someone trying to do their job.
helplesscrane
Byond Username: Helplesscrane

Post by helplesscrane » #647157

i dont see how its a problem to fight in front of people unless im imterefering in their jobs they can keep doing them im just fighting with my friends I don’t know why them not knowing why im fighting other people is such a bad thing and a reason to ban me for 3 days I want a headmin review please
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #647179

This appeal will not be upheld.

wesoda25 has already provided your existing notes for doing this exact same thing. The previous notes show the recurring issue:
Was asked to be more considerate in where they fight with their friends as assistant, and to avoid possibly disrupting people who weren't interested in fighting. Was understanding and considerate in the ticket.
Round 184886 - I spoke to this player in regards to an aspect of their play style where they tend to get into a lot of fights with meta-friends. While this behavior is consensual between all involved parties, it continuously leaves anyone lacking in this meta-knowledge of "beat your friend up for-seemingly-no-reason" culture completely at a loss when they see death-fights unfold in their own departments. I advised to keep this behavior to public spaces or spaces in which their behavior couldn't be misconstrued for antagonistic behavior since it feels like a nuisiance behavior. Verbalized understanding in the ticket.
The note by wesoda once again details the issue:
Banned from the server for 3 days - More annoying brawls with friends in people's workspaces - medbay this time. It doesn't appear that anyone uninvolved was hurt so I'm not escalating ducks ban here. Has been explicitly told not to fight their friends anywhere remotely close to a place where they might bother someone trying to do their job.
The issue that countless admins on Sybil have is that your fights are disruptive to those in the department. It is extremely frustrating to people in, often in your case, medbay to have to spend half their time reviving people, and the other half of their time trying to get the most combat-adept players on the server to stop being a nuisance around them.

To answer your concerns in the appeal:
are people not allowed to fight in public places anymore?
When several admins repeatedly tell you to stop using the same public places as a playground for you to buzz around like a mosquito with your hive, then you should stop. There is nothing general about this, it is admins telling you to tweak your gimmick.
its unrealistic to say I'm supposed to fight in a private place like gather up my friends and go to holodeck so that we can fight without being near anybody.
Here's a trick that I tested in a round yesterday where I spent the entire time in shove combat with someone else. Both people want to fight, meaning they will gravitate towards each other. If you just keep tending towards some smaller place like maintenance, the other person will follow. It's cooler there anyway, you have grilles to shock people with, water tanks to leak, much more tight corridors, and you don't have to worry about disrupting people's jobs for the most part.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<