XII3912
Byond Username: EMX55

Rageguy505 QM-vigilante incident

Post by XII3912 » #647375

BYOND account: XII391
Character name: Nicholas Nick
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 day
Ban reason:As the qm, killed and decapitated a curator, after the curator stunlocked and dragged the qm out of maints, after the qm was announced on radio for killing the clown. The clown was a traitor but it wasnt public knowledge. This by itself is breaking esclation policy. You have a history of validhunting constantly as the qm, buying sec gear and weapons to validhunt with, never going back to cargo to run it. This is in violation of rule 12 and i urge you to take a break and think how its affecting other players.
Time ban was placed: 2022-07-23 10:09:28
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 187078
Your side of the story: I ended up finding out the clown was a traitor via prints on a emagged door when i found the clown in the hallway i killed him. this then resulted in me being "called out in over comms" (which i did not notice) a curator andre stander baton'd me while i was in maint whilst dragging a headless corpse he dragged me across the halls but ended up stopping once he noticed that somebody with a shottie noticed the situation i was in. I go back and kill the curator under the assumption he is a antag. I did not know that it was because i killed the clown i thought he was trying to kidnap/kill me I then end up decapping him to which later on i got bwionked and i quickly brought him into medbay (even tried to heal him up)
Why you think you should be unbanned: I never knew the actual reason as to why the curator was stunlocking me and without this reason it looks as if he is a antagonist trying to kidnap/kill me (the qm) he was not security or command either if he was security i'd understand the ban. me not knowing that i was called out as a antag over comms for killing the clown justifies me killing the curator because again without the context it doesn't seem right for a non antag to be stunlocking me and dragging me around (thus its safe to say they're a antag that tried to kill me)

you did mention that this was a rule 12 based ban.
Yes i agree i went ham that round i tided dets gun which i dont usually do and basically acted like the detective and was lucky enough with prints to end 2 antag rounds. however i do not have any rule 12 notes or bans and i feel as if my reason for killing the curator was justified at the given moment so there isn't need for that 1 day for each invalid kill type ban.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Re: Rageguy505 QM-vigilante incident

Post by Rageguy505 » #647378

Hi, I just wanted to clarify that the ban I gave you was based on breaking the escalation policy. The rule 12 issue was a note that I gave you alongside the ban that you can't see since your banned so i'll post it here.

"Has been talked to regarding their playstyle of going qm, buying security gear and using said gear to validhunt and never going back to cargo to do their job as qm."
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #647379

Oh and I forgot to mention I updated the ban reasoning since it was poorly worded and I didn't want to delay the round end to fix it.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647382

Rageguy505 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:45 am Hi, I just wanted to clarify that the ban I gave you was based on breaking the escalation policy.

"
im pretty sure that stunlocking somebody and dragging them around is starting a conflict AND i truly did not know that it was because i killed the clown.

and then he escapes because somebody armed with a shotgun sees him stunning me. to me it seems like a antag has tried to kidnap/kill me and failed i therefore go and kill him

, which the qm then shoots and killed the curator who does not fight back. "fight back" he couldnt fight back even if he wanted to he was rendered helpless when i was shooting him down.

"round removal" i do want you to know that the curator ended up being revived i saw it in medical i even healed him up a bit after i realised my mistake so he was not round removed.
Last edited by XII3912 on Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647383

Rageguy505 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:45 am Hi, I just wanted to clarify that the ban I gave you was based on breaking the escalation policy.

"Has been talked to regarding their playstyle of going qm, buying security gear and using said gear to validhunt and never going back to cargo to do their job as qm."

don't disagree with this note but i do not want it to influence the ban nor your final decision on this appeal.
Last edited by XII3912 on Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #647388

I think you messed up your quotes?
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #647393

I'm going to go over the events, i also saw the whole thing happen.
First you're attacking the clown, the clown is calling for help saying you're killing him.

Code: Select all

SAY: VincentDT/(Darth Honkus) "nicholas" (Fore Port Maintenance (122,137,2)) 
SAY: VincentDT/(Darth Honkus) "kill me" (Fore Port Maintenance (122,147,2))
Later you're in cargo maints and you get shocked by a door, which Andre stumbles upon you and stuns you, hitting a you few times and stunlocking you

ATTACK: Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) has stun attacked XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) with the stun baton (NEWHP: 64.2)  (Fore Maintenance (158,182,2))
ATTACK: Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) has attacked XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) with multitool (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 58)  (Fore Maintenance (158,182,2))
dragging you into the halls, at which points widum saves you

ATTACK: MGO/(Widum Boise) has grabbed XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) passive grab (NEWHP: 63.5)  (Fore Central Primary Hallway (135,148,2))
and once free, you use the detectives gun to start shooting andre, killing his fish which leads to the only words this entire conflict

XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) has fired at [reinforced window] with .38 bullet from Arrival Shuttle Hallway (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (134,182,2))
 XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) has shot *no key*/(space carp) with .38 bullet (NEWHP: 25)  (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (134,182,2))
SAY: Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) "muh fihs" (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (135,183,2))
by which point andre is standing around not doing much, getting shot by you

XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) has shot Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) with .38 bullet (NEWHP: 88)  (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (132,183,2))
 XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) has shot Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) with .38 bullet (NEWHP: 13.8)  (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (133,189,2))
which you then begin to strip to search for contraband so you can continue killing him.

XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) is stripping Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) of the backpack (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (133,183,2))
and begin killing him with his own knife
[code]XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) has attacked Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) with sharpened hunting knife (COMBAT MODE: 0) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -37.7)  (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (133,184,2))
throughout which andre is asking for medical help

WHISPER: Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) "to medbay" (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (134,183,2))
and widum who helped you earlier wants to know what to do with andre, and decides to not to do anything and leaving it to you

SAY: MGO/(Widum Boise) "Okay, it&#39;s your call" (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (135,183,2))

and after doing a full strip you decapitate him with the detectives revolver

ATTACK: XII_391/(Nicholas Nick) has shot *no key*/(Andre Stander) with .38 bullet (NEWHP: -125.7)  (Fore Primary Hallway (134,179,2))
ATTACK: *no key*/(Andre Stander) has suffered: Dismemberment Wound to head (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (134,183,2))
How you handled this conflict breaks our escalation rules with how you killed and decapitated andre.
The appeal is denied.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #647395

XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647396

Rageguy505 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:33 pm
How you handled this conflict breaks our escalation rules with how you killed and decapitated andre.
If a conflict leads to violence and either participant is incapacitated, the standing participant is expected to make an effort to treat the other, unless they have reason to believe the other was an antagonist

"unless they have reason to believe the other was an antagonist" i thought he was a antagonist as i've mentioned and by the looks of it if you have good reason to believe they are a antagonist then you don't have to take them to medical once the fight ceases this is how it looks like from my perspective >i get shocked by a door >curator stuns me (i never interacted with him beforehand and there was context behind it that i was not aware of) >curator drags me into the halls stunning me >guy with shotgun shows up and he dips >i go back for him to go and kill him i have good reason to believe he is a antagonist >he requests medical treatment but i have good reason to think he is a antagonist so i deny him of it.

i don't see the breach of escalation policy the curator acted as if they were a antag by stunning me and dragging me across the halls - and as soon as you made realize that he wasn't a antagonist i immediately brought him to medbay and even made a good effort to revive him, im pretty sure the doctors actually revived him at one point not 100% and if thats the case he wasn't exactly round removed so.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #647398

Round removing someone for stunning you isn't acceptable. And you went to the body to decapitate it and left, only to return when i pm'd you and asked about the guy you decapitated.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647403

Rageguy505 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:31 pm Round removing somebody for stunning you isn't acceptable
once again you gotta look at it from my perspective not your perspective i already told you what it looked like to me had no idea why he was doing it and due to lack of context it appeared as if he was a antagonist.
it was me placing my bets and being absolutely sure he was a antag i was blind to his actually valid reason for stunning me and killed him for it, It's a day ban and i don't think you're going to lift the ban even though this is my first time violating esc policy.

I see importance in details about my notes so here are some suggestions to consider if you're cool with it

As the qm, killed the clown in maint, who was a traitor. During which the clown says he is being killed. Later in the round the curator comes accross the qm stunned in maint and batons them. Dragging them out of maint and into a public area. The qm is helped by a crewmember, which the qm then shoots and killed the curator who does not fight back. After telling the crewmember not to help the curator, he leaves, comes back, and decapitates the curator. This is in violation of our escalation policy for killing an round removal

The qm is helped by a crewmember, which the qm then shoots and killed the curator who does not fight back < should point out that i didn't know why he was after me

This is in violation of our escalation policy for killing an round removal < should mention that i brought the dude to medbay and actually did surgery on him in a ATTEMPT to revive him

thats all thanks,
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #647431

I feel as though the note is accurate enough, and I also hit the character limit so i can't add anything else to the note.
After you killed the curator, it took 22 minutes for a doctor to get to defibbing him.

[2022-07-22 09:12:31.396] EMOTE: Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) seizes up and falls limp, their eyes dead and lifeless... (Arrival Shuttle Hallway (134,183,2))
[2022-07-22 09:34:06.648] ATTACK: Cool shrimp/(Edward Foster) has revived Darkfudge/(Andre Stander) with the defibrillator (NEWHP: -50)  (Medbay Treatment Center (177,97,2))
I would say this is your playstyle of trying to kill as many antags as you can catching up with you and a non-antag getting caught in the crossfire because of it.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647450

Rageguy505 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:02 pm I feel as though the note is accurate enough,
true it does summarize what happened here however it does not state that i did not know why the curator was attacking me which is a important detail cuz if i'd known i wouldnt have shot him dead.

nor does it state that i did bring the dude to medbay in a effort to revive them upon bwionk which does not matter that much since you had to bwionk me to do it however it feels like its worth mentioning.
Last edited by XII3912 on Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #647451

I feel like the note is accurate and there will be no changes.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647453

Rageguy505 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:51 am I feel like the note is accurate and there will be no changes.
While yes i agree it completely summarizes the entire incident with no false detail. IT does leave out important details which could alter ones perception of the note when somebody that doesn't know this happened and somebody that Isn't you or me looks at it.

without editing the note and adding something like "they claim to have not known why they were being attacked by the curator" the reason will then make it seem as if i killed a innocent crew member because he tried to kill me for killing somebody else - and that in doing this i knew of his valid reasoning for stunning me.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin

Post by Rageguy505 » #647455

The note is at its character limit so there is no space to add any info which I feel would leave out important details.
And I feel like you not knowing why you're attacking by the curator does not add much to the story.
XII3912

Post by XII3912 » #647456

Rageguy505 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:12 am The note is at its character limit so there is no space to add any info which I feel would leave out important details.

ok fair enough
Rageguy505 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:12 am And I feel like you not knowing why you're being attacked by the curator does not add much to the story.
actually it does I misinterpreted the situation that's something to note down for sure, i mentioned already that i thought he was a antag trying to murder/kidnap me hence why he was killed but he wasn't so i eat a ban.
if the note makes it seem as if i killed him whilst knowing the reasoning then its not factual + it makes me look even worse then before.

If you cannot add any more words then yeah ok