Byond Username: Swaggaboy112

[Scriptis] Swaggaboy112 - Permanent Antag Ban

Post by itsswagga » #647752

BYOND account: Swaggaboy112
Character name: Johnny Kingston
Ban type: Antag Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Note left by Scriptis on 2022-07-25 22:25:23
Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard permanently - Egregious antag rolling. Connected to Sybil, Manuel, and Terry simultaneously; suicides when not an antagonist, to "observe" and "because it's more funny to suicide." Lied in ahelps. Sequential round IDs on Scrubby. R187276: "im not a tot bro, yeah i wanna die." R186280: "antag is the only good thing about this game." This is not okay. When you can demonstrate continuous faithful play as a nonantagonist, appeal this ban.
Note left by Scriptis on 2022-07-25 22:25:52
Banned from Roles: Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Sentience Potion Spawn permanently - Egregious antag rolling. Connected to Sybil, Manuel, and Terry simultaneously; suicides when not an antagonist, to "observe" and "because it's more funny to suicide." Lied in ahelps. Sequential round IDs on Scrubby. R187276: "im not a tot bro, yeah i wanna die." R186280: "antag is the only good thing about this game." This is not okay. When you can demonstrate continuous faithful play as a nonantagonist, appeal this ban.
Time ban was placed: 2022-07-25 22:25:23
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 187281
Your side of the story: Antag rolled, Scriptis bwoinked me and antag banned me. The unfair thing is that he escalated a 3 month antag ban to a permanent antag ban, on a whim.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I received no notes or warnings from any other admins about antag rolling. To go from no warnings to a permanent ban is absurd. I had nobody tell me to cut it out, or stop doing it. I haven't killed people as an ashwalker since being told not to, so if someone had at least told me before "hey, you're antag rolling, stop now" I would have stopped. I understand that antag rolling is against the rules, I broke them and am sorry. I won't suicide roundstart anymore. I also have no idea what exactly Scriptis wants of me, he didn't respond on Discord and kept telling me "go to the forums" so I don't know what his conditions even are since he won't tell me.
I do not grief, I do not maxcap the server, if we both want to do Toxins I let the other guy do it. My only problem is antag rolling, which I will completely stop doing.
References of good conduct: Not saying this should make me immune to the rules, but I have contributed the Github as 13spacemen. I wouldn't contribute to the game if I hated it and wanted to grief people. I contribute because I want to make the game and player experience better and more enjoyable, I wouldn't do this if I was just here to grief. And I realize antag rolling unfairly takes away antag from players who aren't doing so, making their experience worse, so as stated before I will stop. But I received no warning before which makes this permaban unfair.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Re: [Scriptis] Swaggaboy112 - Permanent Antag Ban

Post by Scriptis » #647755

I am denying this appeal. You are free to request headmin review; I do not expect the result to change.

First and foremost:

Code: Select all

When you can demonstrate continuous faithful play as a nonantagonist, appeal this ban.
This is a call to action. As I said in our ahelps, I wanted to see nonantagonist play from you. If I could give you a ban based on living nonantagonist hours, I would. If I could say "play 150 living nonantagonist hours and you can be an antag again," I would. Unfortunately, I don't have an option to perform that kind of automation; so I am asking you, as politely as I can given your attitude towards this situation, to play the game correctly and then appeal once you have.

I am notoriously lenient. I was asked to give you a server ban. I don't like removing people from a community, so I didn't do that. Instead, I created a path for you to easily demonstrate that you can play this game normally.
itsswagga wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:29 am Antag rolled, Scriptis bwoinked me and antag banned me. The unfair thing is that he escalated a 3 month antag ban to a permanent antag ban, on a whim.
I escalated your three-month ban to a permanent ban after you lied to me in ahelps, and after getting input from at least six other admins, including one headmin. It was not on a whim. I went out of my way to gather second opinions about what to do with you, because I didn't trust my own judgement alone in the moment. Having that many eyes on the problem in the first place--getting that much input from the bus--is what led me to find this was a chronic issue, and not a one-off.

Your ban was escalated because you knew that you were breaking the rules, you did not care, and you were willing to lie about it.

Normally, given everything I've said up until now, I would hear you out about appealing the ban. I would love to drop this to a three-month antag ban. Unfortunately:

Despite your vehemently denying having ever antag rolled, once I placed the ban, you went onto Discord to talk about how you did antag roll:

and then, when it became evident that was a losing battle, you started arguing that antag rolling isn't bad:

and you created this forum post, where you were chewed out by N+1 admins for how ridiculous this stance is.

This game is not about you. It is about everyone. When you antag roll, you ruin the experience for everyone else. It doesn't matter that "it's not that bad" or "it only hurts just a little." It hurts the community. That's why you got an antag ban, because now other people can get those rolls that you were gaining unfairly; because you can no longer erode the experience for other players, no matter how small or insignificant you think it is.

I don't care how much you contribute. Everyone here is held to the same standard. Judges are meant to be impartial, justice to be blind. If I accidentally bombed the escape shuttle today and killed fourteen people, I would expect a two week ban. Please consider what happened to oranges, who we can safely assume has contributed much more than you.

Play the game normally. Come back in a month and appeal. I want to see you improve markedly. I will read your logs. If I like what I see, then we'll talk.
Spoiler:

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #647758

For transparency, I am the headmin Scriptis mentioned in his reponse.

I looked into your activity and had identified you antag rolling consistently since at least the 7th July.

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Swaggaboy112

You had multiple examples of joining shifts on multiple servers across consecutive round IDs.

Based on that, I suggested they place a permanent antag ban.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
itsswagga
Byond Username: Swaggaboy112

Post by itsswagga » #647760

Alright I'll play normally for a month I guess. It is still completely ridiculous to go from no warnings to a permaban though, but it seems you have made up your mind about that.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #647783

Pretty sure this isn't peanutting, but admins also aren't allowed to handle admin matters over Discord, which would be why Scriptis kept telling you to come to the Forums.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #647939

As I close this appeal out, I will repeat the closing comment from Scriptis maximum visibility:
Play the game normally. Come back in a month and appeal. I want to see you improve markedly. I will read your logs. If I like what I see, then we'll talk.
They have given you an exception to the standard rule that denied permaban appeals can only be redone after a year. However they have attached a requirement of you playing the game normally and, as I interpret, in good-faith.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin