[Spookuni] Dat_Legion - Permaban, and an understandable one at that.

Appeals which have been closed.
Dat_Legion
Byond Username: Dat_Legion

[Spookuni] Dat_Legion - Permaban, and an understandable one at that.

Post by Dat_Legion » #651080

BYOND account: Dat_Legion
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Rule eight permaban, participated in multiple instances of rule eight linetoeing behaviour with The Bamboozler (Aurora VF) including playing along with character backstories that include child abuse and not backing out of conversations with rather suggestive implications. We take rule eight very seriously on /tg/.
Time ban was placed: 2021-08-17
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel

Your side of the story:

Sup Admins! hope I got the correct date on when to post this. For all intents and purposes; I’m waving the white flag of surrender about this entire issue. I don’t remember a lot of details around that time, and I don’t want to. I’m simply going to go ahead with “the ban reason is accurate,” and move along with this. And now as I’m currently looking at said ban reason, I am wishing to break my past self’s kneecaps. What in the actual fuck.

Now, an important clarification. About 3-4 months before the ban, and a month after, I did a little fucky wucky and started taking amphetamine and abusing anti-depressants IRL. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I’m apart of the 1% of the Earths population that get severely fucked up by both, due to a flaw in my brain. As a result, I neurologically and mentally wacked the fuck out, causing this clown car pile up. Under normal circumstances, I didn’t have, and currently lack, the inherent “interest” to anything related to this. (this was, although blearily, due to me still on both substances at the time, mentioned in my first appeal a year ago.) Thankfully, the previously described clusterfuck has been done and dusted for eleven months.

This isn’t an excuse or justification for my past behavior, it’s just context. None of that should’ve bled into here, (or existed in the first place) and you were absolutely justified and correct about banning my ass a year ago. To quote 2021 drugged up me: "The decisions that caused this ban were a mistake, an error in my mental process which I'm expunging from my life for good godamn reason. If I'm going down like the dumbass I am, I'll learn from this, mark my words."

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I have cleaned up my act, in a literal and metaphorical sense, and this situation doesn’t sit right with me. You don’t want me breaking rule 8? Fine by me, I’ll avoid doing anything close to it for my natural lifespan. The entire problem is FUBAR. I want to apologize because I was way out of line about everything, and do my best to have a fresh start.

References of good conduct:

I’ve been chilling on Baystation 12, the HRP / MilRP lads. Hit them up if you want confirmation on good conduct.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [Spookuni] Dat_Legion - Permaban, and an understandable one at that.

Post by Timberpoes » #651111

I'm friends with a Senior Baymin that goes by herbs on Discord.

We ended up discussing your potentially impending appeal last week while handing some other headminny business I needed their help with.
herbs — 24/08/2022
He hasn't reappealed it, but he's been lovely on Bay.
Apparently he got clean and improved his life a lot.
herbs — 24/08/2022
Yeah- we talk about how we're going to miss him when he appeals to tg and gets it because obviously we'll vouch for him.
I'll skip the middleman and translate that into a good vouch from Bay.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Re: [Spookuni] Dat_Legion - Permaban, and an understandable one at that.

Post by spookuni » #651115

I said if you came back with a good vouch in a year I'd unban you - and by all accounts you have an excellent vouch, server ban is already removed, have fun.

Glad to see you've learned from the mistakes that led up to this, I'm happy to be confident nothing of its like will happen again.