[pumpkin0] EmpressMaia - "harming humans" through plasma flooding, shitty notes.

Appeals which have been closed.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

[pumpkin0] EmpressMaia - "harming humans" through plasma flooding, shitty notes.

Post by EmpressMaia » #654145

BYOND account: empressmaia
Character name: Async-x32
Ban type: silicon, AI, Cyborg
Ban length: 44640 minutes
Ban reason: As an Asiimov borg, during a 3-day AI ban, plasmaflooded a blob causing many human deaths. This is very bad play, and must stop happening.
Time ban was placed: 2022-10-15 23:16:29
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 192420
Your side of the story: after the shuttle was delayed I went to go get emitters to fight the blob, couldn't find any in secure storage , decided to grab a plasma can, and then I started a plasma fire below all the other fighters and destroyed the blob
Why you think you should be unbanned: my fire didnt even kill anyone, i opened a plasma can FAR away from anyone, once people even got near my fire it was all nearly out and was mainly water vapor. the fire that DID kill people was started by an atmos tech with a hydrogen flame thrower. also
sillycone.png
by fighting the blob the humans are basically already agreeing to harm, i started my plasma fire in a place where they would have TONS of time to spot it and react accordingly.

References of good conduct: « Fill this in on your own! »
Part of this appeal was generated by Banbus 0.14.0

Character name: Async
Ban type: AI
Ban length: 4320 minutes
Ban reason: (MRP) As an AI with the laws "Cultists are not human. All cultists must be killed to prevent human harm", "THERE ARE FOUR GLASS SHEETS ON THE STATION", and nothing else, tried to singulo delam the supermatter, despite the main cult base being on Lavaland.<br><br>Justified it with "Cultists have to come to the station to summon".<br><br>This is pretty lame and not really what we wanna see on the roleplay server - instead approach the situation with a little more tact.
Time ban was placed: 2022-10-15 01:15:59
Round ID in which ban was placed: 192363
Your side of the story: I was a ai on ai overflow and cultists start wrecking shit. After a while I get a hacked law to kill all cultists. I tried to shock various cultists and after around 20 minutes I decided that a singulo would kill cultists very well. I spoke to the other ais about it before doing it
Why you think you should be unbanned: i only tried to do a singulo after around 20 minutes of having the lawset, the cult had red eyes and they were attacking people in public, my laws didnt care about harm, and only wanted cultists dead so i thought i would do something that kills alot of cultists. i was literally just following my laws

Character name:Async-x32
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1440 minutes
Ban reason: As an Asiimov borg, during a 3-day AI ban, plasmaflooded a blob causing many human deaths. This is very bad play, and must stop happening.
Time ban was placed: 2022-10-15 23:20:08
Round ID in which ban was placed: 192420
Your side of the story: « Fill this in on your own! »
Why you think you should be unbanned: same reason as the other one but i think its dumb to cop a day server ban along with a 30 day silly cone ban over this
Last edited by EmpressMaia on Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: [pumpkin0] EmpressMaia - "harming humans" through plasma flooding, shitty notes, angry admins

Post by Pandarsenic » #654149

Formatting fixed in OP

Also, note that the Hacked Law Kill All Cultists thing occurred in https://sb.atlantaned.space/rounds/192359 though the ban was placed in the next round, for anyone log diving
Last edited by Pandarsenic on Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
EmpressMaia

Re: [pumpkin0] EmpressMaia - "harming humans" through plasma flooding, shitty notes, angry admins

Post by EmpressMaia » #654150

space between thingies added
EmpressMaia

Re: [pumpkin0] EmpressMaia - "harming humans" through plasma flooding, shitty notes.

Post by EmpressMaia » #654152

Also for the singularity thing. I didn't delam the engine, and I never even came close by the time I stopped
EmpressMaia

Re: [pumpkin0] EmpressMaia - "harming humans" through plasma flooding, shitty notes.

Post by EmpressMaia » #654156

I'm sorry for saying angry admins in the original title. I was frustrated
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Post by Pumpkin0 » #654157

Okay, so, after review with a few other admins in bus and finally getting a moment after the chaotic round to look through the round's logs and comprehend everything, it looks like this ban was made in error. I'll be lifting both of them and trading them for a single note, which I'll talk to you about in just a moment.

There was two fires that round - namely, one from another player who spread hydrogen around and lit it. During the round, I was unable to accurately understand which fire caused which death until after the round was over and I could look through everything without any stress: And it does seem like your fire was not what caused the main amount of chaos and destruction on the players. However, I do think in the future you should still make an effort to avoid using plasma as methods to take out things like blobs until it's absolutely last ditch, as it can lead to situations like this.
Don't mistake me saying that as 'You can't do it at all', because you did make an effort to leave humans out of it and from the looks of things, that worked. Mainly, it just has a lot of danger and risk attached to it when making fires with humans around, and I applied the ban due to it being kinda similar (but in retrospect, distinct) to the AI ban that you were currently on.

TL;DR: I'm gonna remove the dayban and silicon ban, and turn it into a better-worded note that shows we've talked, and what actually happened during the round, because of my misinterpretation of what happened.
hi i play Manuel Morgan (cowboy) and Bincee Bee (not a cowboy)
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #654249

I don't think I care about melberts ban now so you can move this to resolved. Thanks pumpkin