cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

[WalterMeldron]Cocothegog0 - Heretic Permaban

Post by cocothegogo » #655463

BYOND account: Cocothegog0
Character name: Ceejay Ajay
Ban type: Antagonist
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: Heretic permanently - Has heretic on only to ever trade it for a different antag. Can be lifted upon appeal if they actually plan on playing heretic.
Time ban was placed: 2021-10-24 20:28:14
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 171875
Your side of the story: On the run up to this I had previously attempted to antag trade Heretic to Blood Brother and other antags. If memory serves correct I had latejoined and got Heretic. I had then requested antag change which was denied. I then played out the round until death then ended up in an argument with Walter Meldron regarding heretic being a badly designed antag which I did not enjoy. This was a sunday and I fast on sundays due to reasons. This argument led me to getting angry due to being hungry I used a homophobic slur and told the banning admin something to the effect of "Go away and remove some more lines of code you *slur*". He stopped replying then about 10 minutes later I was banned from heretic.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't believe this ban was placed in good faith and just out of spite. On the run up to this I had ahelps from this admin and does not like me or my play style personally. After this I have quite a few notes for things I BELIEVE to be minimal infractions and would be let slide if it were anyone else. At the time I believe they were just gunning for some sort of ban for me in general. I have served this ban for over a year and I'd like to play the Heretic as the new updates seem to have fleshed it out a lot more. Thanks.
References of good conduct: I exclusively play on Terry and I am a pillar of our community.
Anything else we should know: In previous rounds I had attempted to antag trade for blood brother that had not been accepted I had just asked the admin to give it to another player. This was not given to me at the time.
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Re: [WalterMeldron]Cocothegog0 - Heretic Permaban

Post by Waltermeldron » #655473

This ban wasn't placed out of good faith, nor was it a spite ban. Every time you got heretic, you would constantly request for it to be switched out with a different antag, which comes under antag rolling. You are enabling heretic, taking the role that others could be taking and always requesting an antag trade whenever you do get the role: This isn't acceptable behaviour and you admitted that with the argument I had with you, saying that you didn't enjoy heretic, which is why the ban was placed because you clearly were antag rolling there.

Anyways, since you want to play heretic now, I'll be lifting the ban. Nothing was done out of spite, nor was anything done in bad faith but maximizing your antag chances by rolling antags you don't like and requesting antag trades is not really an acceptable practice. Don't do it again in the future.