Byond Username: OhChildflayer

[Discord] - Aieet Mahpoo

Post by OhChildflayer » #655648

BYOND account: Aieet Mahpoo
Ban type: Discord
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: No idea. Didn't get one.
Time ban was placed: Not entirely sure.
Your side of the story: Just noticed I can't accept the invite, but I remember being in the Discord previously, so I'm assuming it's a ban.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I won't do whatever it was that I probably did again.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: [Discord] - Aieet Mahpoo

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #655660

Ban reason is listed as "Within four days of rejoining the server, repeatedly made jokes that expressly discriminated against peoples for race, as well as in their own words testing the waters with how far they can go with repeating slurs. Slurs on their own are not an issue we enforce, but testing the waters to check how far you can go and insisting on using them for no reason other than to use them is something that will get discord mad at us. Rule 7, Rule 11."

You had, at the time of ban, rejoined after a 2 year hiatus - and you had been in the community again for a grand total of *four* days before you got banned. Lasting four days from arrival to "point at which you should get banned" on it's own isn't great.

As for evidence contributing to ban: (contains a couple images)
► Show Spoiler
When all I can see out of the four days of posting you had since you came back were incredibly unfunny racist jokes and an uncontrollable desire to say "tranny" as much as you can, I'm not inclined to keep you around. Considering you literally admit you were "testing the waters" to see how far you could get away with certain things, I don't believe you intended to do much other than toe the line as hard as you could.

As a result, you're only being unbanned if you can convince me of the following:
1) That you'd be a net positive to the community should we allow you back.
2) That you've changed significantly enough since your ban ~1.5 months ago.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #655724

First off, thanks for taking time for my appeal, and digging up the pertinent info and sorry for causing an issue. My comments about "testing the waters" were in reference to a recent dispute over the status of said slurs in the discord. I wasn't trying to push boundaries so much as get a clear answer on what was now considered acceptable, but I was clearly being an ass about it. As far changing goes, I can only promise not to do it again. Maybe I remember the discord being more lax before my hiatus, or maybe I just think it was, but either case means I should change the way I act there. On the last point about "being a net positive", I don't think there is really a way to convince you of that besides exhibiting better behavior, so hopefully I will get the chance to do so.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #655873

With the very express warning that if you mess up again your word won't be counted for much, I'm willing to unban you - please be very aware that if you don't stay on your best behavior, getting a discord ban overturned a second time is a lot harder than the first go-around.
Although there isn't much guarantee here, I'll be taking a chance and hoping for the best. You're unbanned!
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!