[DISCORD] Aniki Skywrestler#8337

Appeals which have been closed.
Nimawei

[DISCORD] Aniki Skywrestler#8337

Post by Nimawei » #664735

Discord username: Aniki Skywrestler#8337
Ban reason: Posting a video in the memes/shitposting channel
Time ban was placed: 2020 or earlier
Your side of the story: I posted a video of some asian girls dancing, with the audio being replaced with loud/obnoxious stereotypical asian music. It wasn't directed at anybody and it wasn't supposed to upset anyone in particular, I just thought it was a funny shitpost video. I suppose someone didn't like it or it fell under one of the rules (Bigotry is not allowed. Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, disability, orientation or the like is not tolerated. -- That being said, I promise you - it wasn't intentionally seeking to demean anybody or targeting anyone in particular.) and it warranted my removal from the Discord server. If anyone took offense to it, I wouldn't mind apologizing to them. Realistically speaking, considering it happened over 2 years ago, they have probably moved on. All things considered, there was zero intent to abuse or upset anybody, so again, I do genuinely apologize if anyone got offended over something that was intended to be perceived as a lighthearted joke.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My ban happened a long time ago; I don't feel that posting something that isn't harmful or abusive towards anyone should be treated as a major offense (especially when in-game people will casually chuck slurs that would otherwise be considered 'racist' (ligger)); I've been recently itching to immerse myself into more SS13 chicanery, so having access to the Discord server for TGStation13 (the only server I play on) would be preferable; And I'll try to be more careful with the content I post, should you decide to unban me.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [DISCORD] Aniki Skywrestler#8337

Post by Timberpoes » #664737

Banning admin is Hulkamania.
Ban reason is: posting an obviously racist anti-asian video
Ban date is: 2021-07-22

I've pinged Hulk on the Discord to let him know.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [DISCORD] Aniki Skywrestler#8337

Post by Hulkamania » #664772

The fact that I don't remember that this happened means I'm just gonna go ahead and lift this.
I trust you enough to be careful

Edit: Another admin reminded me of the context behind this:

This was at the peak of covid when there was a lot of anti-asian sentiment going on so this was particularly cracked down on, even more so than it usually would've been.

I'm still lifting the ban as its been long enough but keep in mind that context is also important in these matters