Byond Username: Vekter

[DISCORD] Vekter

Post by Vekter » #676881

Discord username: Penndragon#1013
Commonly used names: Vekter
Banning admin: MSO
Ban reason: Threatening to leak #adminbus
Time ban was placed: Today
Your side of the story: I can't divulge direct details without actually leaking adminbus logs, but MSO muted another admin over something I felt was unacceptable, I voiced my concern and was thus also muted. I came back and threatened to leak adminbus logs over the matter and MSO banned me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I refuse to apologize for being upset about specific conduct, but I will apologize for saying what I did. Anyone who's known me long enough knows I wouldn't actually leak adminbus logs (especially not for something so petty) and I clearly said it in a place of anger. I apologize for what I said and don't intend to threaten or joke about the matter again. I would like to be unbanned to, at the very least, continue interacting with the community from a player standpoint (and better discuss the matter in general with both MSO and the headmins).
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [DISCORD] Vekter

Post by Timberpoes » #676967

An appeal can't be properly had without the relevant facts, I will outline what led to this:
Fikou and MSO were talking in the admin channels about code stuff.
MSO timed Fikou out for 15 minutes over what ultimately ended up being a misunderstanding.
Vekter immediately challenges MSO on doing that.
MSO timed out Vekter for 1 minute.
Vekter continued challenging MSO after this 1 minute timeout expired, with a conversation chain leading to Vekter saying what's contained in the public ban reason at https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/publicbans.php:
vekter
2023-04-07 02:13:26
mrstonedone
(ADMIN) Server
Permanent
from adminbus "I will leak the shit out of this channel, quit it"
Vekter was banned from Discord, removed as an admin and banned from the game by MSO.
The misunderstanding between MSO and Fikou was reconciled after Fikou's timeout ended, and MSO apologised to Fikou.
Vekter's bans and deadminning still stood.

Internal conversations have been had and there's mention that there'll hopefully be movement on this appeal when MSO wakes up in morning (i.e. in ~8 hours or however long people sleep for).
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #676971

As a side note, the absurdity of this whole debacle has resulted in precisely what Vekter threatened to leak being the damn topic and in the OP of this appeal.

That's basically how low the stakes are. I hope this gets resolved amicably.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #676996

I can confirm that Timber's statement on the matter is accurate.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #677085

As discussed in PM, I'm reverting the deadmining and reducing the discord and admin bans to time served.

While I can agree that how I reacted to fikou was over the line, and I can agree that I how responded to your initial messages in adminbus being over the line, I do not apologize for removing an admin who seemed angry enough to threaten to cross red-no-going-back-lines that they might actually do something that wouldn't be recoverable.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: