Niron3206
Byond Username: Niron3206

[Kieth4] Niron3206 - permaban

Post by Niron3206 » #681359

BYOND account: Niron3206
Character name: Eva Romanova
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: “Suspected metacomming; Fevered, Niron3206 and Kiryashka. Wordlessly met up near the start of the round in chapel. Wordlessly worked together to kill someone, the say logs between them are very sparse and similar things seem to have happened in the past involving all three of them.”
Time ban was placed: 2023-04-19 22:04:00
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 204073
Your side of the story: I was boinked for helping the chaplain and assistant to sacrifice a man as non-antag. I admit this mistake, even though the guy asked to be sacrificed and the chaplain might misunderstood him... But the final admin's resolution was a permaban for metagaming. Kieth4 claimed that it wasn't the first time seeing me speechlessly playing with those two fellows.
Why you think you should be unbanned: We weren’t metagaming, because I wasn't giving any round information to chaplain or assistant via any messengers or whatever else, apart from IC chat and gestures, like pointing and etc.
Anything else we should know: The guy who was sacrificed, eventually got picked by security and revived soon. We weren't resisting the security order. I really want admins to consider this ban appeal, because of “wordless” me, those two guys probably got permabanned too.

I do not want to lose Terry because of this situation. It’s only the one and my beloved server where I used to play before the permaban…
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Re: [Kieth4] Niron3206 - permaban

Post by kieth4 » #681431

So to preface, if I am convinced that there was no metacoming involved I will be lifting the ban on the other two as well now, to proceed to the meat of this;

At first, I got an ahelp about three people wordlessly killing someone which by as of itself wouldn't mean anything,
► Show Spoiler
Upon looking at your notes, I saw that you had a secret watchlist for metacoms with these two for a previous round. When inquiring to why the admin placed it, there was an accusation of one of you three dying and the other two wordlessly coming to their rescue
(Round 200192) Possibly metagaming with users Kiryashka and Fevered. Keep an eye out if they wordlessly assist eachother or group up to attack people with no previous interaction.

it's why I decided to investigate. Upon checking your say logs for each other this round- they were so incredibly sparse that it sent alarm bells ringing.

(Say logs between you three for the round in which you were banned.)
► Show Spoiler
You three spent a large portion of the round hanging out and even killed someone at one point together yet didn't really communicate about this verbally at all.

The guy specifically asked to not be sacrificed stating; "just don't sacc me" so it seems strange that all three of you attacked him and that when questioned in the tickets, you all gave the same response.
► Show Spoiler
It's also strange how you say the chaplain misunderstood him when there is absolutely no communication between the three of you until someone external enters the room to which you start saying that he wanted to be sacrificed. It feels as if you had made this misunderstanding together in an external place. Once again, to reiterate- there was absolutely ZERO communication about this between the three of you so coming to the understanding is very odd when it wasn't discussed and the thing he said was also very clear cut, "just don't sacc me" so I'm unsure as of where the confusion came from ic.
I really want admins to consider this ban appeal, because of “wordless” me, those two guys probably got permabanned to
Before I dive further into the logs I'd like to know, do you know those other two outside of the game? Because as mentioned earlier, this isn't the first time where you wordlessly teamed up to accomplish some kind of goal with seemingly no verbal interaction between you.

The best way out of this situation is genuinely to come clean about everything really.
Niron3206

Post by Niron3206 » #681464

Welp, we know each other outside of the game... Sorry for your waste of time on us, but the problem why we're mostly silent is a lack of language undestanding. Fevered and I aren't so fluent in english, and Kiryashka doesnt even understand a thing and use translator or us. We play on Terry to improve our knowledge and lang's comprehension (also have a fun). Some situations where we're not sure to take properly (like new words, abbreviations and other things), we discuss it. We honestly try not to use this meta info... We've understood our guilt and reconsidered our behaviour. We don't want to violate rules anymore.
I believe there's still a chance of redemption, the chance of prolonged ban, not a permanented. Terry is our beloved server and we don't want to lose it...(
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #681481

Thanks for coming clean, I'm defo a believer in second chances really.

Let me have a think and I'll get back to you.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #681652

One of my biggest concerns in regards to everything is your non-verbal habits, it's fine to struggle with english- it really is! It's a long process to learn the language and certainly a lot of people have learnt it via this game.

Kiryashka doesn't speak it at all as you said- you and your other friend struggle to understand some parts of it.

If you were unbanned, what is there to really stop you falling back into the same traps as before and silently playing which would then again spiral into metacoming?

Second chances are free, sure. But I want to ensure that if you are unbanned you will speak more and avoid metacoming really.
Niron3206

Post by Niron3206 » #681787

Frankly speaking, sane person after confessing their guilts is not likely to fall into the same traps. (if it's appropriate to say so in my situation).
After your investigation I decided to tell a truth. We had a quite long conversation about what we will do to not break rules again. Two of us can use enough English to be independent. Kiryashka, well, this guy is now forced to study it. Also, we will probably have admins' eyes on us, so there's no sense in neglecting rules.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #681793

Do you believe that your friend will be able to communicate currently? We are still an English only server afterall.
Niron3206

Post by Niron3206 » #681794

With assist of google translator - yes
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #681804

When you get unbanned all eyes will be on you, you owned up which is admirable, you've also taken steps to seemingly prevent yourselves from doing it again. Don't make me regret this! I'll unban you tomorrow probably. Second chances are free, third chances are not.
Niron3206

Post by Niron3206 » #681808

Thank you for understanding! And sorry for a spent time on clarification additional details.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #681839

Lifted.