Appeals which have been closed.
robustmcgriff123

[Vekter] Evafan - permanent ban

Post by robustmcgriff123 » #687264

BYOND account: Evafan
Character name: Duandale Bingle
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Evafan) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Rule 8: DEAD: Duandale Bingle says, "dumb fag" DEAD: Duandale Bingle says, "i get tot once a fucking year and i die to random shit like this" When warned, said "suck me off you worthless jannie this shit server is dying anyways". Cool, go play somewhere else. This ban (BanID #63784) was applied by Vekter on 2022-12-07 13:29:02 during round ID 195820.
Time ban was placed: 2022-12-07, 13:29:02
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 195820
Your side of the story: I got upset when I died as an antagonist and lost my cool. I used slurs to demean another player in deadchat, when Vekter spoke to me about it through ahelp I insulted him too. I was acting immature and should have taken my loss instead of spreading toxicity, but I didn't know better at the time. I'd like to mention that I told Vekter to "suck me off" as a misguided attempt at insulting him. I didn't mean it literally, as in a sexual way.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I tried to change and attempted to stop being so toxic at videogames. I realized that my behavior was unacceptable and no one should be insulted or demeaned because they bested me in a videogame. This ban is my fault and I'd like to apologize to both Vekter for insulting him and the player for calling him a f**got. I like /tg/ more than every other codebase and I want to play there again.
References of good conduct: I've been playing on Beestation where I've stayed clean enough to get a vouch.
Anything else we should know: 1-hour ban for toxicity, a 1-day ban (filter bypass - called someone a re*ard in a mentor help. No, it wasn't the mentor.) on Beestation. No ERP/sexual notes obviously. I'd just like to say that I won't repeat toxic behaviour on /tg/, please give me another chance. I won't be toxic anymore. I understand that this is a not allowed and I don't want to get booted off my favorite server again.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Evafan - permanent ban

Post by Vekter » #687267

I appreciate you appealing this, but we've already discussed it in adminbus and we don't think you returning is a good decision at this time.

Bee contacted us with your vouch which basically amounted to "He hasn't really played much but hasn't shown any major issues in the last two months". Looking over a ticket they sent us from April, you're still exhibiting the same anger issues and poor ticket conduct that got you banned in the first place, just with fewer slurs. I can't post the logs here (they're not public) but they show evafan further yelling at an admin for refusing to take action against an antag that killed them early into a round.

I'm not convinced that you've actually improved enough to return here. Continue playing on Bee for a few more months and please focus on your anger issues and ticket conduct. If you can get a clean vouch from Bee by August - specifically one saying you've played a significant amount and haven't had further ticket conduct problems - we'll revisit this before the usual one year timer.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
robustmcgriff123

Post by robustmcgriff123 » #687269

alright, see you in August then
robustmcgriff123

Post by robustmcgriff123 » #687275

before you lock the thread, would 100-150 hours be enough?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #687277

robustmcgriff123 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:16 pm before you lock the thread, would 100-150 hours be enough?
It would help. My main concern is that I don't want you to come back and start screaming at admins again because they didn't take your side in a ticket.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

robustmcgriff123

Post by robustmcgriff123 » #687278

I'm certain it won't happen even if you unban me now but you're the one to decide.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #687285

robustmcgriff123 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:18 pm I'm certain it won't happen even if you unban me now but you're the one to decide.
I unfortunately can't take you at your word in this case.

Come back in August and we'll discuss it again. I have faith in you to change for the better, but I need proof.
Spoiler:

robustmcgriff123

Post by robustmcgriff123 » #687289

I'll come back in August, thanks for giving me another chance.