[Kinglouie]Torpedo Joe So salty you could hunt with him

Appeals which have been closed.
TorpedoGman

[Kinglouie]Torpedo Joe So salty you could hunt with him

Post by TorpedoGman » #82848

Byond account and character name: TorpedoGman(Torpedo Joe)
Banning admin: KingLouie
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Captain, Security jobs, then permabanned
Ban reason and length: Shooting a guy we suspected of being an alien after he decided to turn perma into a slip and slide, turns out he wasn't an alien and he was treated for his wounds. I was banned from captain and security jobs right after this happened and when I asked the admin why he was so salty and how little I gave a fuck about his opinion on the matter, he permabanned me like a man child with to much power and no room for criticism.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): April 18th unknown time EST
Your side of the story: I asked the admins how we could discover who an alien was after it was reported to me that the individual was an alien and I was messaged by an admin as to why I had said individual locked away in perma. They told me damage could reveal them so I said I would go beat him up a bit and if he didn't transform I'd let him go. He decided to resist the beating and instead turned perma into a slip and slide via space lube. So I shot him four times with a laser gun. He didn't turn, he got treated and I was banned from my jobs for it. Then the admin continued on his high horse about shooting the guy, told him I didn't care about his opinion and called him salty and here I am.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
It shouldn't be a permabanning offense to tell an admin you don't care about his opinion and it shouldn't be a permabanning offense to call him salty only to prove you right by permabanning you. Seriously, he's so salty I could hang him out and hunt deer with him.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: [Kinglouie]Torpedo Joe So salty you could hunt with him

Post by Scones » #82850

In the interest of clarity, here are the listed ban reasons on our end:

Security Ban:
Has had problems with Security positions in the past. Decided to arrest somebody on the basis of being an antagonist he knows nothing about, then when informed on how that antagonist works, lasers him down into crit and leaves him for dead. Were it not for the actions of others, the prisoner would have died. This is seriously not acceptable behavior, please reflect on this.
Server Ban:
"Of all the flavors you could be, you chose to be salty. I have zero fucks to give about your opinion." -- Well, same to you. Issued a jobban and immediately threw a fit about it. Showed no remorse for his actions and instead shifted into a hostile position. Come back when you prove you can act mature.
Your notes, for context.
Notes for torpedogman: [+]
22-Dec-2014 | Banned from Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer - Went AFK as Head of Personal instantly at roundstart, no ahelp to notify : Roundtype was Rev so doubly bad. ~blessedheretic [-]
10-Jan-2015 | Spiked drinks with pacid and then claimed he intended to use them to kill himself. One person drank from the spiked drinks and nobody died so leaving it as a warning. ~sometinyprick [-]
17-Jan-2015 | Banned from Chemist - Threw a pacid grenade into a player made store killing one person inside and destroying his equipment ~sometinyprick [-]
17-Jan-2015 | Banned for 1440 minutes - Killing someone with a pacid grenade as a non-antag ~sometinyprick [-]
03-Feb-2015 | Built R walls outside security ~tsaricide [-]
06-Feb-2015 | Banned for 4320 minutes - Exploded a gigantic welderbomb infront of the bridge as a security member. ~fayrik [-]
13-Feb-2015 | Banned for 20160 minutes - Throwing lethal grenade into bar injuring crew members and melting objects in an attempt to anger a non hostile xeno, called me a fuckwit and left ~combineharvester [-]
13-Feb-2015 | Banned from Chemist - Threw a lethal nade into a bar packed with crew members in order to anger a non hostile xeno, apply to forum for possible unban ~combineharvester [-]
12-Mar-2015 | Banned for 1440 minutes - Threw a plasmalube grenade into fitness room. This despite their last ban being for using lethal chemistry grenades. Clearly isn't getting the message. ~stickymayhem [-]
12-Mar-2015 | Also dodged around a chemist ban in order to do this again. ~stickymayhem [-]
25-Mar-2015 | Had a disagreement with a mime over the validity of sentient simple_animals, and beat the mime into crit and put him in cryo. Cryo wasn't set up and he proceeded to ignore that and brig the mime's dying body. Says this was a mistake. ~fayrik [-]
25-Mar-2015 | Went AFK as CMO to complain about the previous round in IRC, resulting in someone being promoted to their position. When the new CMO tried to strip them, they screamed rape and dunked them down disposals. ~stickymayhem [-]
25-Mar-2015 | When the new CMO later approached them carrying a fireaxe and slipped, Torpedo grabbed it and killed them dead with it. Needs to cut back on the lethals. Final warning. ~stickymayhem [-]
06-Apr-2015 | Banned for 30 minutes - Breaking rule 2: You got waaaay too mad at this game, you need to relax. deep breaths, come back when you can be nice and rational ~mrstonedone [-]
09-Apr-2015 | Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer - Beat a prisoner in the gulag until they were bleeding and proceeded to take all the medical supplies. Later on, same prisoner, he beats until bleeding and throws into perma. ~thatslyfox [-]
09-Apr-2015 | Banned for 1440 minutes - Beat a prisoner in the gulag until they were bleeding and proceeded to take all the medical supplies. Later on, same prisoner, he beats until bleeding and throws into perma. ~thatslyfox [-]
The banning admin isn't wrong in saying that you have a history of issues with Security.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #82854

Please try again in writing out your appeal. For reference, one of our rules for the Ban Appeal forum,
7. Try to keep your appeal calm, concise, to the point, and properly formatted. No one likes to read a wall of text, or an angry ragey post. Permaban appeals are encouraged to be longer and more detailed than regular appeals, but remember to use proper formatting.

I took the action I did to encourage you to post on the forums and try to explain your actions a little better aside from "He might have been an alien, so I decided to shoot him into critical condition and leave him for dead." While I was taken aback and disappointed at your prisoner's use of space lube and the unknown means of how they acquired it, I was more-so disappointed at the fact that you did not realize what you did was wrong, and decided to flip out over it.

Scones already did the honor of posting your notes, but I'd really like to point out this one:
06-Apr-2015 | Banned for 30 minutes - Breaking rule 2: You got waaaay too mad at this game, you need to relax. deep breaths, come back when you can be nice and rational ~mrstonedone [-]
You would have went completely off the hook had you some realization of your actions and approached them with humbleness. I dislike taking the 2D spessmen simulationator too seriously but as an admin, it's difficult for me to ignore when somebody can have a very potentially toxic playstyle with others. This is compounded by the fact that you've had a very clear history of doing stuff like this, which I can highlight with:
06-Feb-2015 | Banned for 4320 minutes - Exploded a gigantic welderbomb infront of the bridge as a security member. ~fayrik [-]
25-Mar-2015 | Went AFK as CMO to complain about the previous round in IRC, resulting in someone being promoted to their position. When the new CMO tried to strip them, they screamed rape and dunked them down disposals. ~stickymayhem [-]
25-Mar-2015 | When the new CMO later approached them carrying a fireaxe and slipped, Torpedo grabbed it and killed them dead with it. Needs to cut back on the lethals. Final warning. ~stickymayhem [-]
09-Apr-2015 | Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer - Beat a prisoner in the gulag until they were bleeding and proceeded to take all the medical supplies. Later on, same prisoner, he beats until bleeding and throws into perma. ~thatslyfox [-]
09-Apr-2015 | Banned for 1440 minutes - Beat a prisoner in the gulag until they were bleeding and proceeded to take all the medical supplies. Later on, same prisoner, he beats until bleeding and throws into perma. ~thatslyfox [-]
From my perspective, this tells me that you have no idea how to play Security (or possibly, the entire game) in a way that's fun for others. You act selfishly, taking any little slight against you personally and then dishing it out in revenge or back onto others.

So tell me, in your own words and without being mad,
Why should I unban you from a game where you're just gonna take away from everyone else's fun?
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #84049

Considering there hasn't been any sort of response, I'm considering this appeal resolved.

Again, you can still appeal if you show that you're able to just act like an adult.