[NamelessFairy] Sacrumes - Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Sacrumes
Byond Username: Sacrumes

[NamelessFairy] Sacrumes - Ban Appeal

Post by Sacrumes » #692642

BYOND account: Sacrumes
Character name: Quandale Dingle [I don't remember very well, but that was one of the ones I played the most]

Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Threatened to dox a player for ruining their project during a round
Time ban was placed: 2022-08-04 15:56:03

Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 186901
Your side of the story: After I discovered the power of the Space Ants, I began to experiment with them, mostly chemical granades that unleashed those ants. After amassing a grand quantity of beakers containing these ants, this part is currently unclear to me as I don't remember it quite well, comes over to the place where I am keeping these beakers and proceeds to destroy all the quantity of beakers while I'm sitting on dead chat, in rage, I spit out in dead chat "I will dox this mf", after a good while, an admin takes notice of this and ahelps me, goes over the standard questions asking me why I said that, I reply that I said it in rage, which then the admin ends the ticket with a permanent ban for the obvious.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been a long time, and I think I've grown and learned enough not to say controversial stuff like that, and I wish to make sure that the words spouted out in Deadchat are not seen as threats but as a snarky and wasteful remarks. I don't know how to doxx or use any tools on the internet capable of revealing someone's location. My friend has been persuading me for far too long to appeal for this ban, but I hadn't given it a thought nor had the "need" to do it, but after thinking for a good while, I decided to get on my PC and start writing.

References of good conduct: I've been playing in several servers, such as Beestation, Yogstation, Fulpstation (I played it for a few hours before I got crossbanned from tgstation), Goonstation (I don't do anything because I don't know the code), and finally TerraGov & Colonial Marines.
I've been banned on Beestation for 3 days recently due to intrigue between me and another crewmember icly. Recent AI Ban from Yogstation that has now expired, but it covered me letting a crewmember die to zombies, report forum lead to nowhere so it eventually settled on a 7 day ban.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Re: [NamelessFairy] Sacrumes - Ban Appeal

Post by NamelessFairy » #692956

I will not be lifting this ban.

Doxing threats are a serious matter especially when they do not give off the impression of being a joke. In the past month you've gotten server banned twice from Bee, and had 3 job bans from Yog, this is pretty bad overall and doesn't exactly give off a good impression. Dox threat bans are historically not normally lifted, I don't think you're in the position to be an exception with a lot of recent poor play.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [NamelessFairy] Sacrumes - Ban Appeal

Post by Timberpoes » #693171

You can count yourself lucky you weren't blacklisted. There's a level of very VERY minor discretion not to blacklist for doxing jokes. You fell into the gap.

But you will have to show way more effort towards becoming the Mary Poppins of SS13 players - practically perfect in every way - before this ban has even a snowball's chance in Hell of being removed.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin