In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

[Vekter] Striders13 - note

Post by Striders13 » #692933

BYOND account: Striders13
Character name: idk
Ban type: Note
Ban length:
Ban reason: Warned - With asimov, disabled safeties on the holodeck by human request.
Time ban was placed: 2020-05-28 09:36:57
Server you were playing on when banned: manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: idk
Your side of the story: I was AI and some goober asked me to do it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: it ends up with me unable to lift holodeck safeties at all times, not nice
References of good conduct:
Anything else we should know: posting appeals fucking sucks I can't believe admins are forcing people to do this
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Vekter] Striders13 - note

Post by Vekter » #692935

Yup, that's valid. I was wrong on this one and just recently educated on the matter. I'll remove it.

For context, we'd been discussing whether or not it was okay to undo safeties on the holodeck as an AI, with the conclusion being "yes as long as you're not reasonably concerned about them doing harm, ie they've explicitly stated they will load a harmful program (BEES, burn test) or they've caused significant harm earlier in the round". This is one of those things that has nuance, but I clearly didn't apply nuance to the note itself, so given that it was over two years ago, I can't remember the context and have no ground to stand upon for keeping it. It's a bad note and I've striven to do better in being more descriptive with notes since this.

E: It's gone
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you